Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Aug 2009 at 7:48 PM
Default I'm afraid to buy it
I'm really excited for the sims 3, however, i have some reservations about spending the 40 dollars to purchase it. My computer is running on a 2ghz, 3 gig ram, 128 mb integrated graphics, do you guys think it would run on my lame machine?

No, u can't haz cheezburger
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 2nd Aug 2009 at 8:03 PM
I run it just fine on a laptop that has 1.8ghz, 1.5 gigs of ram and crappy built in gfx... I dont think you'll have a problem.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Aug 2009 at 8:04 PM
do you have vista?

No, u can't haz cheezburger
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 2nd Aug 2009 at 8:14 PM
I run my Sims 3 game on a vista (I can't think of the specs right now, I'm on a different computer) and it works fine.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 2nd Aug 2009 at 8:44 PM
Sounds like it will run it.
I have a laptop with an average card of 358MB (Intel nothing amazing like a GeForce) with 2 gig ram...runs fine with the exception of few things that could be better. But it will do until I can have better card/laptop in the future.

Life is random - expect the unexpected!
Sims 3 Creations
Test Subject
#6 Old 2nd Aug 2009 at 9:44 PM
I have windows XP, 2 GHz and 2 gig RAM, ADM Athlon 64 X2 Dual Processor 3600+ and Radeon X1600 (I think) for graphics, and it runs smooth with as much as all settings to the max.
Don't know if the information helps, but I hope it does.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#7 Old 2nd Aug 2009 at 11:46 PM
You haven't given near enough information to know whether it'll work or not. What OS are you running? Exactly what graphics card do you have?

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
shiny!
retired moderator
#8 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 12:06 AM