Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jan 2006 at 4:32 AM
Default please help, i'm desperate!!!
okay, so i downloaded the sims2pack clean installer, and i was trying to figure out how this thing worked. when i opened up the installer and then opened up the downloads folder, it shows that i have 291 items. some are .zip, some are .rar and some are .package. but when they come up on the screen, there is not an install button anywhere!!! i have searched and searched and cannot find one! everyone keeps talking about an install button, but i don't have one. all i have is an update button, a new button, and an OK button at the bottom, and then the pulldown screen at the top. when i right-click on the file, there is an enable button, so i thought maybe that i would just click that to install the files into my game, but i don't think that worked either!!! please someone help, i'm freaking out here!!!
Advertisement
On a Radical Sabbatical :)
retired moderator
#2 Old 26th Jan 2006 at 5:56 PM
You're not doing anything wrong. Clean Installer just behaves strangely :P

It does two functions: 1) It examines the contents of your downloads folder; 2) It allows you to open *individual* Sims2Pack files to "clean" them and "install" them.

To do #1, just open Clean Installer. It lists the contents of your download folder and allows you to sort through them. But that's all it does by starting the program directly.

To do #2, you need to use Windows explorer (right click on your Start button and click "Explore"), and navigate your way to where you saved a Sims2Pack file. Then you have to right click on the Sims2Pack file, and select Open With, and choose Clean Installer.

Then (and only then) can you use Clean Installer to install a file or remove unwanted content from the file.

To install the file as it is, just click "Install".

If you want to remove content from the file before installing it, then you have to "uncheck" the box next to everything you want to eliminate. Then click "Save As" and give the Sims2Pack a new name. Then click "Install".

There are more detailed instructions (with illustrations) at the Clean Installer website: http://sims2pack.modthesims2.com

At the moment we are trying to put our lives in order. But this is not an end in itself. Our real purpose is to fit ourselves to be of maximum service to God and the people about us. -- The Big Book

I will be inactive indefinitely.
Blog
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Jan 2006 at 8:04 PM
thank you so much!! is there a way to download all the files at once? for some reason, after i open the file with Clean Pack Installer, i don't see anything, but when i hit the install button, it says that the files were installed successfully. what's up with that?
On a Radical Sabbatical :)
retired moderator
#4 Old 28th Jan 2006 at 6:17 PM
Well ... something must be listed in the file -- unless it is an empty Sims2Pack.

As for installing all the files at once -- you'd want to get Q-Xpress Installer. Read about it here; download it here; ask questions about it here.

Q-Xpress will allow you to install multiple zips, rars, and sims2pack files in a single click. But it can't examine the contents or "clean" anything. It only installs.

At the moment we are trying to put our lives in order. But this is not an end in itself. Our real purpose is to fit ourselves to be of maximum service to God and the people about us. -- The Big Book

I will be inactive indefinitely.
Blog