Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 6:42 AM
Game is crashing
Ok so I went out and bought a new video card today because the game wouldnt even stay playing into create a sim. All the hair styles werent showing up and the game kept crashing. Now I installed the video card and my game worked for a good hour or 2 in create a sim. It was a little slow but it worked perfectly. Then I moved her into a house and this is when it started crashing again! I tried the game compatability test and I passed. I have a compaq Presario which is about 2 years old if that. I just got a Nvidea geforce 8400 gs with 512 mb. I have 1.5 RAM, plenty of hard drive space, and windows xp sp2. My processor is an athlon 64 with 2.2ghz. I'm quite low on money, but I'm assuming its crashing because of RAM. I was planning on buying some, but is this a good idea? A message came up like the 5th time opening the game after it worked saying my video card isnt compatable. I just spent more than 60 dollars. It'd be greatly appreciated if someone could help because I did enjoy what I got to play and this is frustrating. Thanks in advance!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 7:04 AM
yea I think that it might be the ram issue because the game requires 1 g to run and u have 1.5 g so maybe that's what causing it to crash i have 2 and it works fine. also if your using xp u have to update it to service pack 2 (3 works as well ) maybe try that. also in the game settings you can go into options and change the in game settings; texture rendering sims details etc...try putting them on the lowest setting see if that will work. But before you buy ram try doing the above so u don't have to wast money. Hopefully this helped!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#3 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 11:32 AM
zelda_freak, if you actually read the opening posters message they state that they already have XP SP2, so no point in advising them to upgrade to that.

sims3groupie: I'd definately suggest dropping the graphics options down, to see if that helps.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.