Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Mar 2008 at 3:45 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Altering the secret memberships lots!!!
I was wondering whether anyone new of a way of altering the secret memberships lots, on free time, as they're quite dull and boring. If i could alter them i'd go on them more but they've just got nothing going for them. Take the music and dance membership lot for instance, theres no dance floor or no bar or anything like there would usually be. its soooooo boring!!!! If anyone has a cheat or a hack to get on to the lots i would be so grateful and im sure other people would be as well. thank you!!!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 25th Mar 2008 at 2:05 AM
Anything and everything that you could ever want to know is found in the Game Help section located at the top of this page. This cheat found there in the Game Help Section should work. It became active in the University EP as seen in the Game Help Section: boolProp dormSpecificToolsDisabled false. This works on editing community lots of all kinds, including lodging.
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#3 Old 25th Mar 2008 at 5:48 PM
Here's a possible way to do it. Mind you, it's not easy and requires the use of SimPE:

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,11323.0.html

The boolprop dormspecifictoolsdisabled false cheat just works temporarily when you sim is on the lot. It doesn't 'stick'. Once you leave the lot, it reverts to it's prior state. Hobby lots are different than 'hotels and dorms'.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 3rd Apr 2008 at 11:00 PM
I'd love to figure out how to do this too as the showers on the My Muse II Art Studio can't be used cos EA stuck 'em facing the wrong way! I'll go and check the link out now.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#5 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 6:15 AM
If you have University, you can 'temprarily' alter those objects by using the debug cheat:
boolprop dormspecifictoolsdisabled false
I know I am repeating myself, but sometimes folks don't read the prior posts. :/
You can then access build/buy mode. Unfortunately, the changes will not stick. Next time you visit the lot, it will still be broken.

I don't think this is fixable with a patch (hopefully they can prove me wrong). In the meantime, while you are using a playable sim, you can change the lot. BTW..the music and dance lot is borken also. *sigh* I wish they would have provided some simple way to edit those nasty broken lots.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Moderator of Please Read the Help FAQs
retired moderator
#6 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 2:31 PM
Has anyone been able to use the candy maker reward object in Sue's Secret Kitchen? I can't tell if the lot or object is borked, or if it's just me. :/

Please do not PM me with Game or Site Help questions. Post them in the appropriate section after going through the FAQs.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." ~ Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#7 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 4:47 AM
I'll make a point of testing it asap. I've been on the lot, but haven't used the candy maker.

Mad Poster
#8 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 7:53 PM
I've used the candymaker. My Sim used it fine and got paid for the chocolates as well.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Moderator of Please Read the Help FAQs
retired moderator
#9 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 3:59 PM
Thanks Menaceman. I guess it's time to see what piece o' custom content is conflicting then.

Please do not PM me with Game or Site Help questions. Post them in the appropriate section after going through the FAQs.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." ~ Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects