Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jan 2007 at 10:52 PM
Default Any great games?
What are the best PC games, with amazing graphics and great gameplay. I want to buy another pc game but i cant seem fo find any i like. So just list some that you think are great. Screens shots would be nice too
Advertisement
#2 Old 16th Jan 2007 at 2:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ..::simhunter::..
What are the best PC games, with amazing graphics and great gameplay. I want to buy another pc game but i cant seem fo find any i like. So just list some that you think are great. Screens shots would be nice too

Guild Wars my fellow sims players

picture 1: part of the winterday's celebration decoration in towns
picture 2: scenic views
picture 3: winterday's finale celebrations, little fire on floors are presents.
picture 4: NPC, usually quest givers, she is an Elonian, there are many others. and some samples of max armour, and a fight scene with a rather irritatin boss.
picture 5: some of my character in their basic armor
Scholar
#3 Old 16th Jan 2007 at 5:46 AM
Uh...well, if you'd rather play more than just one game for the rest of your natural life, there are plenty of non-MMORPG options available to you.

I think you're asking for very good games with pretty demanding system requirements, so....

1) Company of Heroes - Gorgeous RTS, actually interesting enough to get around the fact that it is yet another World War II game. Great physics and attention to detail, imagine the Call of Duty 2 engine, but for an RTS, and with destructable environments.

Screenshot here.

2) F.E.A.R. - Fun, gruesome FPS with very, very fast multiplayer action. Absolutely gorgeous to boot--blows HL2 out of the water graphically, and it can hold its own in terms of singleplayer campaign. Pretty smart AI too.

Screenshot for you.

3) Splinter Cell: Double Agent - Granted, you could certainly get this game on console, if you have a Xbox 360 (I'm not sure what other consoles its available on), but in any case, it's got an excellent storyline and continues the franchise's stunning reputation. I admit, I didn't like SC in the beginning (more of a Hitman guy myself), but I must recognize that the games are very, very good.

Screenshot here.

In retrospect, I don't think my suggestions helped too much, but they're all very good games.

"We're on sob day two of Operation Weeping-Bald-Eagle-Liberty-Never-Forget-Freedom-Watch sniff no word yet sob on our missing patriot Glenn Beck sob as alleged-President Hussein Obama shows his explicit support sniff for his fellow communists by ruling out the nuclear option."
Forum Resident
#4 Old 16th Jan 2007 at 7:20 AM
As for the future game ... XD

Spore
Crysis
Enemy Territory: Quake Wars
Command and Conquer 3
Hellgate: London
S.T.A.L.K.E.R
Supreme Commander
World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade
Dragon Age
Left 4 Dead.

Live for today, learn from yesterday, and dream of tomorrow.
A being under construction -- Even so, come.
Moderator of Camera Models
retired moderator
#5 Old 16th Jan 2007 at 8:42 AM
It would be helpful if you let us know your system specifications so we can recommend games that will run on your rig.

*** Games Journalist with the magazines PC Powerplay and Hyper ***

And guys don't say a game is 'addicting'. That is a horrible massacre of the English language. The word is 'addictive'. Thank you. :)
#6 Old 18th Jan 2007 at 5:18 PM
I agree 100% with nixie!! I LOVE guild wars! Its fantastic becaust its an online game with NO monthly fees. Perfect for us poor folk. lol