Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 5:47 PM
Default Unlock all clothes cheat?
is there a cheat to unlock all the clothes that you would normally get from completing different kingdom ambitions? I'm not talking about the limited edition clothes. Thanks!!

Perry the Platypus
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 7:26 PM
There is, read the cheat codes thread, it's in there. Just as an aside, there's a legandary trait that lets you unlock all the clothing options for that sim. Using the cheat sorta makes that trait mostly useless (it did something else, but the big thing was unlocking the clothes).
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 7:50 PM
I am sorry. Could you just list it here. I looked and the thread is so long now that I couldn't find it. I probably saw it and didn't recognize it. Thanks.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 8:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mberry
I am sorry. Could you just list it here. I looked and the thread is so long now that I couldn't find it. I probably saw it and didn't recognize it. Thanks.

I don't use it, so I don't remember it. For me to post it here I'd have to go look in the cheat codes thread. If anyone is going to go into that thread to get the code, does it not make sense for it to be one who wants the code?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 9:13 PM
tilarium for the legendary trait, does that have to be unlocked too? or is it there from start?

mberry I'll look in the cheat codes thread again but let me know if you can find it sooner.

Perry the Platypus
Test Subject
#6 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 9:25 PM
try "DisableClothingFilter on"
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 9:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sh0lee

OH!! okay, so yes mberry, "DisableClothingFilter on" does work, as now i have all the outfits!! thats the cheat i thought was the right one, but i was only putting "DisableClothingFilter" with no on. so yay!!! thanks sooo much sh0lee!!

Perry the Platypus
Instructor
#8 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 9:37 PM
tilarium: the Legendary trait is also important in the actual gameplay . In one of the ambitions later on. I would not call that "useless" exactly.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 10:15 PM
Ah, didn't know it was usefull for an ambition. As for unlocking it.. the answer is yes and no. There's a few quests that let you trade your sims flaw into a legandary trait, if you've done the quest "correctly" you'll get 3 legandary traits you can pick. It's random what 3 show up. My trick is to save just before it's done and then keep loading and finishing until you get the one you want. I did that to make my knight a natural leader.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 12:05 PM
Thanks for the code. I saw it but didn't realize that that was the one.
Test Subject
#11 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 9:57 PM
I've tried this cheatcode about a billion times, and it's never worked, sadly. :/ I even did that thing where you change that coding thing from 0 to 1... But yeah, it doesn't seem to work for me! Beats me why.
Eminence Grise
#12 Old 29th Mar 2011 at 3:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tonichan89
I've tried this cheatcode about a billion times, and it's never worked, sadly. :/ I even did that thing where you change that coding thing from 0 to 1... But yeah, it doesn't seem to work for me! Beats me why.

Can you use other cheats, like "moveobjects on"? If you can, then the testingcheatsenabled thing is working, so you are probably typing the "disableclothingfilter on" cheat incorrectly.

Otherwise, you didn't enable testing cheats correctly. Check the .ini file you edited (that's the 0 to 1 thing ) and make sure your edit was saved. In the default install location, you can't save that file without copying it to someplace else, like the desktop, first.
Instructor
#13 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 1:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tilarium
Ah, didn't know it was usefull for an ambition. As for unlocking it.. the answer is yes and no. There's a few quests that let you trade your sims flaw into a legandary trait, if you've done the quest "correctly" you'll get 3 legandary traits you can pick. It's random what 3 show up. My trick is to save just before it's done and then keep loading and finishing until you get the one you want. I did that to make my knight a natural leader.

Never mind, tilarium, I actually think I misunderstood you initial post :p

"The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory. "
Forum Resident
#14 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 7:27 PM
I tried the cheat, but still there are no decent outfits for knights. Do they ever get anything knightly to wear or are all the armors restricted to seperate armor suits that cant be customised?
Field Researcher
#15 Old 1st Apr 2011 at 11:44 AM
I want this armor!!
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 15th Sep 2011 at 1:44 AM
I tried disableclothingfilter on and nothing worked.
Test Subject
#17 Old 20th May 2012 at 10:22 PM
Default thanks sooo much
Quote: Originally posted by sh0lee
i was using this cheat without the on and it wasnt working.thank you soo much! that is exactly what i needed to know
Test Subject
#18 Old 26th Oct 2012 at 12:08 AM
hey u guys im sorry i was reading everything and i tryed typing disableclothingfilteron but it dint work nothing is happening...
Test Subject
#19 Old 26th Oct 2012 at 12:10 AM
the only one working is the $$$ motherlode ...it work but when i try the other one it docent..plssss help me does it work for the makeups too??
Scholar
#20 Old 26th Oct 2012 at 4:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by glendita<3
hey u guys im sorry i was reading everything and i tryed typing disableclothingfilteron but it dint work nothing is happening...

It's DisableClothingFilter on
Not disableclothingfilteron
Test Subject
#21 Old 13th Jun 2013 at 2:29 AM
How weird when I use the CAS mod on my NPC Royal Advisor and type the cheat some really nice Pirate and Nobles outfits show up (but I can't save the outfit)

And then I went to plan other sims outfit (which is the only way to change an outfit) (for NPC) the same Pirate and Nobles outfits don't show up, even though all the rest outfits show perfectly fine with DisableClothingFilter on.

Does anyone know what might be the problem?
Field Researcher
#22 Old 29th Jun 2013 at 6:40 AM
The cheat disableclothingfilter on does not unlock all the clothing no matter what sim you are trying to dress. It unlocks ALMOST all the clothing, although I might add that there may be a small conflict with a mod that was supposed to unlock everything, not sure, but for me there is one item of clothing that I was forced to save from an earlier time having one of my sims that I saved while wearing the outfit, continue into each new game with that outfit, and then if I wanted to change his clothing to something else, I had to console myself into accepting that this sim for this game could no longer wear that outfit during this game. It still has yet to open up freely for him, but a similar outfit does open for him using the disableclothingfilter....there are two outfits for men where the pants actually look like blue jeans, one set is striped, the other plain, they have vests each a different design but look somewhat like wool, but are only a bit similar to the boys outfit with the pants and vest. It is the plain outfit that does not unlock, maybe there are others, but if I did not notice, likely I found the outfit unappealing so have no concern if it is unlocked or not. But anyhoo, almost all is way better than none at all! TC All

Quote:
Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live.
Test Subject
#23 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 4:44 PM
Hi!

So i've been searching around to find cheats for the sims medieval. Like unlocking all of the clothes and quests. I tried all cheats possible and nothing works except for motherlode. Not even testingcheatsenabled true.

Cheats like "ShowAllQuests" and "DisableClothingFilter On" don't simply work. Someone help??
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 7:56 PM
Hi, isabellelokker. The cheats you are talking about are "testing" cheats, rather than motherlode, which is a "basic" cheat. Enabling testing cheats works differently in Sims Medieval than it does in Sims 3. Unless something has changed since the last time I played, to enable testing cheats, go to the INI folder in your The Sims Medieval install directory. The default path is C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Ini. The file "Commands.ini" is set to "Read Only" mode during installation, this must be undone before it can be edited. An easy way to do this is to right click the file, select "Properties", uncheck the "Read Only" box, then click "Apply". After this, open the file with a basic text editor like Notepad and change the line "TestingCheatsEnabled=0" to "TestingCheatsEnabled=1" (without quotation marks). Save the file, choosing to overwrite it if prompted.

Got that info from this page: http://thesimsmedieval.wikia.com/wiki/Cheats which has some additional information. This page: http://www.carls-sims-medieval-guide.com/cheats.php also goes into additional detail. I imagine there is probably a thread about it at MTS too, but I didn't see it right offhand.
Scholar
#25 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 10:03 AM
You can also use Treeag's testing cheats enabled mod, which is the modified .ini in a package format so you don't have to mess around with the original .ini yourself. You install this the same way you'd install any other mod.
You can get it here:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/7...ommands.package

(@Sionelle: I've always loved your lots and castable items for TS3.)