Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#301 Old 14th Apr 2020 at 7:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mistress_overlord
Hello,

I have no idea if this message will be seen, but I tried following the instructions multiple times and testing the game with the nointro package in my mods/packages folder and it doesn't appear to be working? In my TSM folder, there is nothing called game/bin so maybe this is what is wrong? Mine looks like: documents/electronic arts/the sims medieval/currentgame.tsm, installedworlds, saves, thumbnails, caspartcache,compositorcache,deviceconfig.log,options.ini,simscompositorcache, TSMLOGS.xml

If anyone still plays TSM, sees this and knows how to fix it, please get back to me as soon as you can

Thanks!

You're in the My Document section of your computer. You need to be in the game files section (usually found under program files or program files (62).)
Advertisement
Test Subject
#302 Old 24th Jun 2020 at 4:20 PM
I know this is an old thread, but could someone help me i think i did everything right yet none of the mods are working.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#303 Old 30th Sep 2020 at 1:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by qveen_layjah
I know this is an old thread, but could someone help me i think i did everything right yet none of the mods are working.

Same boat as you. Did you figure it out?
Test Subject
#304 Old 30th Sep 2020 at 3:41 AM
SO I FIGURED IT OUT!
I am a Windows 10 user in 2020 and was having the WORST TIME getting this to work for me! It seriously took me two days to figure it out!

My Problem: I had my mods/packages in my Programs(x86) [where it was installed], this was correct. My resource file was in Programs(x86)/the sims medieval, this was correct. My game crashed any time I tried to load it up, and I could tell my mods were not working because my intro was still playing before the load crash.

My Solution: In my mods/packages, I noticed I had two debug packages which I thought might be a problem. I tried each one in the file at a time, and tried to start and my game, which crashed both times during start up. SO, I ended up taking both out and put all my hairs and rugs and stuff back in and EVERYTHING WORKED FINE! So the debug files (both and individually) were not necessary and why it was not working.

I REALLY HOPE THIS HELPS YOU!
Best of luck, and much butt length custom content hair to you!
Test Subject
#305 Old 30th Sep 2020 at 8:32 AM
I have Windows 10 - 2020 and I can't get any of the Mods to install. I have been going crazy for several days. I tried watching some of the video's and they just made me more crazy. I would like to know how to get the Mods to install via Launcher.
Test Subject
#306 Old 15th Oct 2020 at 2:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mistress_overlord
Hello,

I have no idea if this message will be seen, but I tried following the instructions multiple times and testing the game with the nointro package in my mods/packages folder and it doesn't appear to be working? In my TSM folder, there is nothing called game/bin so maybe this is what is wrong? Mine looks like: documents/electronic arts/the sims medieval/currentgame.tsm, installedworlds, saves, thumbnails, caspartcache,compositorcache,deviceconfig.log,options.ini,simscompositorcache, TSMLOGS.xml

If anyone still plays TSM, sees this and knows how to fix it, please get back to me as soon as you can

Thanks!

I'm aware you already got a response (and that haven't been here in a while) but I'd like to use this opportunity to help future technologically-impaired simmers such as myself:
Right click your desktop The Sims Medieval shortcut > properties > Open file location
It will take you DIRECTLY into your desired Game/Bin folder where the d3dx9_31.dll file belongs.
Test Subject
#307 Old 24th Oct 2020 at 12:21 AM
Hello, I'm running on windows 10, I hope someone is still checking this thread
A few months back I was able to use mods in the sims medieval however out of the blue once my monarch died I was unable to create a new one as cas wouldn't open no matter how many times I clicked the create a new monarch. I since uninstalled TSM and reinstalled it, I set up my folders exactly as I had before using the tutorial at the beginning of the thread, I have all the necessary files in the correct places however none of my cc or mods show up in the game. I only have about 8 files and I have redownloaded them all multiple times after repairing and uninstalling/reinstalling my game.
Does anyone have any idea of what I could try to get them to show up?
Field Researcher
#308 Old 26th Oct 2020 at 12:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by yeontan
I have all the necessary files in the correct places however none of my cc or mods show up in the game.

Can you list what files you mean and give the exact folder paths? It's hard to help without any details.
Test Subject
#309 Old 30th Oct 2020 at 12:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lexylu
Can you list what files you mean and give the exact folder paths? It's hard to help without any details.

I have the resource.cfg file in the programfiles(x86)/origingames/thesimsmedieval and then the d3dx9_31.dll file in programfiles(x86)/origingames/thesimsmedieval/game/bin, all my mods are in the mods/packages file in the same directory. The only mods I have are the editincas mod, some eyelashes with sliders and three items of cc clothing. I honestly can't figure out what I'm doing wrong as I've been able to get these exact mods working only a few months ago.
Lab Assistant
#310 Old 3rd Nov 2020 at 9:57 PM Last edited by Nyvielz : 3rd May 2021 at 11:46 PM.
I put the resource.cfg and the Mods folder in this direction:
C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims Medieval Ultimate Edition\The Sims Medieval\GameData\Shared\Packages

And the d3dx9_31.dll file in this direction:
C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims Medieval Ultimate Edition\The Sims Medieval\Game\Bin
Test Subject
#311 Old 2nd Dec 2020 at 8:15 PM
Hi, I've followed the instructions on the first page, but as soon as I place mods in the packages file I get stuck at the first loading screen when I start the game. The loading bar loads up till a point and then doesn't move no matter how long I leave it. I have Pirates and Nobles installed so I imagine that my game is patched
Test Subject
#312 Old 3rd Dec 2020 at 10:37 PM
Double posting to say that I tried what Nyvielz did and my game is now finally running and I can use the debug cheats. Bad news is none of the mods are showing up in game. I've read and reread the mod threads of the mods I've downloaded and I still can't figure out where have I mucked up this time. I'll update if by some miracle I figure this out by myself, though I doubt it. Help would be much appreciated.
Test Subject
#313 Old 28th May 2022 at 3:42 AM
So.... Anyone found a solution? I'm having problems to make them work and followed all the tutorials. I'm on windows 10 too
Just some random ones work, like a CAS BG one, the no intro, and some sims 4 hairs.
Most of my mods are for cas
Test Subject
#314 Old 1st Aug 2022 at 5:31 AM
i honestly dont understand how to do this lol can someone explain this more simpler for me or is there a video to view?
Test Subject
#315 Old 4th Feb 2023 at 3:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by uvenn
i honestly dont understand how to do this lol can someone explain this more simpler for me or is there a video to view?

Right click your desktop The Sims Medieval shortcut > properties > Open file location
It will take you DIRECTLY into your desired Game/Bin folder where the d3dx9_31.dll file belongs.
Test Subject
#316 Old 7th Mar 2023 at 8:07 PM
Hi! I've followed the instructions exactly and it doesn't work
Quote: Originally posted by Nyvielz
I put the resource.cfg and the Mods folder in this direction:
C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims Medieval Ultimate Edition\The Sims Medieval\GameData\Shared\Packages

And the d3dx9_31.dll file in this direction:
C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims Medieval Ultimate Edition\The Sims Medieval\Game\Bin

Can anybody help? I've only just started playing a few weeks ago so I'm pretty late to everything.
Test Subject
#317 Old 3rd Apr 2023 at 9:31 PM
Odds are this is never going to be seen but I can't get mods to work in TSM either. Everything is installed correctly and in the correct place.
Test Subject
#318 Old 28th Jun 2023 at 6:26 AM
Here is where to put your mods/resource/dll for TSM
Quote: Originally posted by illyria
Odds are this is never going to be seen but I can't get mods to work in TSM either. Everything is installed correctly and in the correct place.

I was determined to get this working to help everyone who came here looking for help as I did!
With Origin no longer in use, (or it's a fresh install with EA App) all games are being installed into the regular Program Files located on C:\, NOT "Program Files (x86)"

Resource.cfg goes:
"C:\Program Files\EA Games\The Sims Medieval\GameData\Shared"

The Mods folder goes one up in Shared into the Packages folder like this:
"C:\Program Files\EA Games\The Sims Medieval\GameData\Shared\Packages"

The d3dx9_31.dll file goes into
"C:\Program Files\EA Games\The Sims Medieval\Game\Bin"

NOTHING GOES INTO EITHER THE EA GAMES OR ELECTRONIC ARTS FOLDER LOCATED IN YOUR DOCUMENTS FOLDER!!!
It should now work!!!

[/B]
Quote:
Friends help you move, best friends help you move bodies.
Test Subject
#319 Old 20th Sep 2023 at 5:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by violetlass
I was determined to get this working to help everyone who came here looking for help as I did!
With Origin no longer in use, (or it's a fresh install with EA App) all games are being installed into the regular Program Files located on C:\, NOT "Program Files (x86)"

Resource.cfg goes:
"C:\Program Files\EA Games\The Sims Medieval\GameData\Shared"

The Mods folder goes one up in Shared into the Packages folder like this:
"C:\Program Files\EA Games\The Sims Medieval\GameData\Shared\Packages"

The d3dx9_31.dll file goes into
"C:\Program Files\EA Games\The Sims Medieval\Game\Bin"

NOTHING GOES INTO EITHER THE EA GAMES OR ELECTRONIC ARTS FOLDER LOCATED IN YOUR DOCUMENTS FOLDER!!!
It should now work!!!

Wow, thanks for the reply! I didn't think anyone was going to see my message.

I don't have my game installed under program files. It's in my SSD. Looks like I'll have to change where TSM is installed if I want mods to work again.

EDIT: Holy crap, I just checked my program files folder and EA app DID sneakily install it there as well as the install on my SSD. Thank you for the help!
Test Subject
#320 Old 28th Oct 2023 at 12:35 PM Last edited by momoxiuxiu : 28th Oct 2023 at 2:32 PM.
Default How I got mods to finally work in The Sims Medieval (posted on 2023)
FIRST Download this two files d3dx9_31.rar and Resource.rar HERE: https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=438344 and decompress them in your desktop.
SECOND Right click on the icon of your Sims Medieval game and click on the option "open file location", then move the d3dx9_31.dll file you downloaded in that folder.
THIRD Now in the same folder you are, look up on the file search bar and click on D:\EA\The Sims Medieval here you go to the GameData folder, in that folder you go to the Shared folder and here you have to make this:

1. You can see two folders here, NonPackaged and Packages, and a resource file.
2. Create here a new folder named Mods.
2. Move the Packages folder in to the new mods folder you created (do not erase the files that come in this package folder).
4. Erase the resource file.
5. Copy the resource file you downloaded before where the one you just erased was and also copy the same resource file in to the packages folder that is in the mods folder. (if it ask you to replace it, do it)
6. Now you only have to put in the packages folder the mods/cc you download, make sure they work properly reading the most recent coments on the modthesims forums. Enjoy!!

IN SPANISH/EN ESPAÑOL

PRIMERO Descarga estos dos archivos d3dx9_31.rar y Resource.rar AQUI: https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=438344 y extraelos en tu escritorio.
SEGUNDO Click derecho en el icono de tu juego que está en el escritorio, despues mueve el archivo d3dx9_31.dll en la carpeta que se te abrió.
TERCERO Ahora en esa misma carpeta, mira en la barra de busqueda de archivos y haz click en D:\EA\The Sims Medieval aqui metete en la carpeta GameData, despues entra en la carpeta Shared:

1. Aqui veras dos carpetas, NonPackaged y Packages, y un archivo resource.
2. Crea una nueva carpeta llamada Mods.
2. Mueve la carpeta Packages dentro de la nueva carpeta Mods que has creado (no borres los archivos que estan dentro de la carpeta Packages).
4. Borra el resource.
5. Copia el archivo resource que descargaste al principio en el mismo sitio donde estaba el que has eliminado y copialo tambien dentro de la carpeta packages (si te pide reemplazarlo, hazlo)
6. Ahora solo tienes que meter el contenido personalizado que te descargues en la carpeta Packages, asegurate de que los mods funcionan correctamente leyendo los comentarios en los foros de modthesims mas recientes. Disfrutalo!!
Theorist
#321 Old 14th Jan 2024 at 8:49 PM
Now in 2024 running Windows 11 23H2, did a clean install of The Sims Medieval and Pirates & Nobles Expansion, patched up to 2.0.113.

OP's instructions still apply and working, didn't have any need to stray from them:
1. Copy d3dx9_31.dll from OP to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval\Game\Bin".
2. Add Resource.cfg from OP to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval".
3. Create Mods folder in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval".
4. Create Packages folder in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval\Mods".
5. Put all mods into "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval\Mods\Packages".

Shouldn't have to do anything in GameData or Shared.

Resident wet blanket.
Test Subject
#322 Old 30th Jan 2024 at 11:54 PM Last edited by dianathejuicebox : 31st Jan 2024 at 12:08 AM.
Installed TSM for the first time a few days ago after hitting my frustration limit trying to Frankenstein an immersive medieval vibe for Sims 4.
Do your instructions and tested working notes include Grim's Core mod?

Quote: Originally posted by GnatGoSplat
Now in 2024 running Windows 11 23H2, did a clean install of The Sims Medieval and Pirates & Nobles Expansion, patched up to 2.0.113.

OP's instructions still apply and working, didn't have any need to stray from them:
1. Copy d3dx9_31.dll from OP to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval\Game\Bin".
2. Add Resource.cfg from OP to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval".
3. Create Mods folder in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval".
4. Create Packages folder in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval\Mods".
5. Put all mods into "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval\Mods\Packages".

Shouldn't have to do anything in GameData or Shared.
Theorist
#323 Old 11th Feb 2024 at 5:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dianathejuicebox
Installed TSM for the first time a few days ago after hitting my frustration limit trying to Frankenstein an immersive medieval vibe for Sims 4.
Do your instructions and tested working notes include Grim's Core mod?

They do, yes. I also installed Grim's Core mod.

Resident wet blanket.
Page 13 of 13