Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 27th Feb 2012 at 8:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tirnel
I do not see how to install this. I would like to read all instructions before installing/downloading...whatever, but I can't find them...Help please?

Refer to this sticky thread first: How to mod your games for beginners
Then you can place any downloads in Mods folder.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#52 Old 27th Feb 2012 at 9:21 PM
Updated Library
Added Download: Populous II.

-Regards 99

Simmodder99's Mod Library

"Is there no welcome for the wicked?" -- Lord Magus Xavier of the Dark Wizards
Instructor
#53 Old 27th Feb 2012 at 11:34 PM
OMG... you are so immenesely awesome, I am lost for words. <3

Rejoice, no more fugly, scrawny, zombie looking squire!!! YAY!!!
Test Subject
#54 Old 10th May 2012 at 6:51 PM
Can Populous and Populous II be used simultaneously, or is Populous II an updated version?

Thanks for sharing these!

"The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief." - William Shakespeare, Othello
Scholar
#55 Old 10th May 2012 at 7:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lizinator
Can Populous and Populous II be used simultaneously, or is Populous II an updated version?

Thanks for sharing these!

Populous II has a few additions, the best of which is the change of the squires from EA's default creepy looking one (or 3 if you're already using populous 1 already). It does everything populous I does and adds a couple new things. You can't use both mods together.
Test Subject
#56 Old 9th Aug 2012 at 9:47 PM
I would like to bump this thread as some other people are looking for the mods available here. I myself just found this today thanks to a link from ChickieTeeta.

I would also like to offer my thanks as well for these wonderful additions to gameplay!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#57 Old 14th Aug 2012 at 5:40 PM
Thanks for your interest.

- Regards 99

Simmodder99's Mod Library

"Is there no welcome for the wicked?" -- Lord Magus Xavier of the Dark Wizards
Field Researcher
#58 Old 9th Mar 2014 at 7:15 PM Last edited by Xeny : 9th Mar 2014 at 7:47 PM. Reason: Correcting a mistake
Default Issues with two mods
Hi Simmodder99,

I had an issue in my last kingdom with my game spawning too many guards. Most of the time they appeared confused as to where they should be, the other part of time they acted like slackers, which angered me, as they were not doing their jobs, but chatting with visitors, the territory leaders, and the builder. The guards who were supposed to be working in the Reception Hall messed around in the Throne Room, so I tried to force them to their stations by taking my best guess at which ones were assigned there, and locking them in there, hoping they would get the message and stay there. I also killed off some as they were stubborn, and I had had enough! But as you know, the game spawned replacements. Now this is not when the over spawning occurred. The problem of over spawning already existed during the events I mentioned above.
Through this mess, I came to realize that in furnish mode, the red boxes mark the place where the guards stand, and that these markers, the red boxes can be moved in furnish mode, and therefore so will the guard also move, to wherever one has moved the red box. It was vital that I move the red box that sits up against the wall near the door that leads from the Throne Room to the Reception Hall, as the guard who was stationed at that post would not stand there, as I put an archive there.
The room to the left at the entrance of the Throne Room, by your default, you have a red box up against the door leading to the Barracks. I adore you and your work, Simmodder99, but there could not have been a worse choice to put the red box, as this room I use for the kitchen, and that exact place is where the fireplace must go, LOL, though that is the game's default location to have a guard, and not really your choice, if I recall correctly, when I played before using Populous II: Plus, and my game unmodded.
What I would like to ask you is what is the green box for in furnish mode? Or rather there is a green box in Buy De Bug which looks exactly the same as the red box, and can be "bought" in Buy de Bug, same as the red boxes. I tried setting it in my kingdom, but no guard took to it.
Another question, please. I see I can purchase these red boxes in Buy De Bug, so if I place more red boxes, or if I take some away from the default settings in Buy De Bug, will I get less guards, or will I get more guards if I add more red boxes? MORE guards, is NOT what I want, just so you know.

For interests sake, something kind of neat occurred that I thought perhaps might make you just a wee bit happy or cause a smile, hopefully as I do not in anyway want you to think I am picking at you. But what happened through my playing about with these guards in trying to force them to do as they are supposed to do, I decided to carry one or more of them over, so as the game will not spawn anymore because when I would kill them, the game did replace them, and with the other guards misbehaving, they influenced the newly spawned guards to do the same. I only carried over one of them, and I edited his looks a bit here and there, but not too much, and guess what I got? A very youthful looking version of my monarch, Xylan Darksword! So now I have a new and permanent hero sim, which I made a spy, and the monarch's younger brother. Thanks for that Simmodder!

One issue you would like to know about, I'm sure, is after some time, both your mods No Townie Kids, and this mod Populous 2 Plus, eventually stop producing more sims. Now my game will not produce children sims from the Town at all, unless one of my hero sims goes to the mail box and adopts, or just looks at the list given, or if I play any quest in which a child plays a participating role, such as Bric a Brac Day. Now don't get me wrong! I love this effect, and I have no wish that you fix this. I have a lot of problems with the kids' behaviors, so I love it that no sim kids from Town are produced. If I play Bric a Brac Day, I simply murder the kid immediately when the next quest begins, and so therefore no townie kids will come into my game. But if I forgot, and some do begin to come in by the gates, if I kill them right away, then the spawning stops.

This happened also eventually with the guards during my last ambition and kingdom, just completed today. For a very long time, there was only 1 guard in the Throne Room. I got fed up with their playing and socializing, that I did almost all of them in. My knight, spy, Peteran Priest and monarch went on a rampage, until only one guard was left standing, and only because he was the only one to do as he was made to do, stand guard.

The guards did this before a mistake was made by the game that De-throned my Emperor Xylan, but if my monarch was killed, or I retired him, yeah right, lol, then the guards will act out, stop doing their jobs and play and socialize instead, as if they are guests, and not on duty. Surely you know Simmodder, that a monarch can be retired, but that retirement does not take effect right away, but will in the next quest, so in fact if a child has been chosen to replace the monarch, lets say, he or she will not become king or queen until the next quest also. But yet the guards are not doing their duty! There is total anarchy in the Throne Room and Reception Hall! Guards are pouring themselves drinks, chatting with others, and the one that shocked me into realizing the damn game De=throned my Emperor, when I made no such command, was that a guard was in the kitchen cooking on my monarch's oven, showing a hungry image in her thought balloon! I do not tolerate this kind of disobedience and disrespect towards my monarch, so this is when the slaughter of the guards began. I repaired the situation of my monarch's status, by setting him to level one, then adding back in his bonus levels, whew, they were a lot, and then so tired, I was thankful the game spawned no more guards. I felt in order to explain the issue's with some of your mods, I needed to tell the story of the events in my game, so as you could understand what those issues are. I am happy about them, but other TSMPN gamers may not be, and I think this is not what you intended be the eventual outcome when using your mods No Townie Kids, and Populous II Plus? I'm having a guess that your answer is No, but I could be wrong. I just wanted you to know, cause you are invested in your work, well me too, cause its great!

Bless you Simmodder99, your mods, they be truly fine!

Xeny

Edit: Pardon me, it is Shimrod's No Townie Kids mod. Excuse the mistake please Simmodder, since the two mods mentioned above have similar issues, and the modders who made them have similar names, it was easy to mix the two together as having the same creator. Way too easy! LOL

Quote:
Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live.
Field Researcher
#59 Old 26th Sep 2015 at 9:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simmodder99

Downloads are for Base game patch 2.0.13 or Pirates and Nobles patch 2.0.13
-

Hi Simmodder,

I have been experiencing an in-game problem with Populous II for some time now, and I request your help in this, if you might have any suggestions, as I would love to continue using the mod, and not remove it, but as of now, I do not see any options in which to take to stop the issues I have in-game.

Two problems I experience continually using Populous II are, the Townie people are constantly disturbing the guards created by your mod, which I understand are not the default, or selected by the game guards, but are actually Townie sims themselves. They act as if they know each other, as if they are neighbors. The Townie sims also yap and disturb the guards in the Reception Hall, as well as the Throne Room. They cause the supposed guards to stop acting as guards, and the so-called guards start reading books, playing chess, and cards, dancing to the lute, or watching others at the Tactical Map.

I have at times caught the Townie guards cooking on my monarch's oven! Which leads me to the other issue, yet is also connected to the first mentioned issue, and that is, the Townie sims now invade the Reception Hall at all hours of the day and night, cooking and baking at the oven and Fireplace, as well as disturbing the guards, causing anarchy, and dancing to the Jester's lute, and fiddle playing. Just today the interrupted a dignitary meeting between a territory leader, and my monarch. One in which the game should have disallowed NPC sims, or Peasant sims to enter into the Reception Hall, as by the default quest's instruction was to take place in the Hall.

I notice strongly that the game disallows the guards set by your mod to enter into the Reception Hall during the quest The Incident, so instead the Throne Room is bombarded with the 4 extra guards that are supposed to be in the Reception Hall, and the 6 guards assigned to the Throne Room by your mod, are put into a state of confusion, as the 4 Reception Hall guards take over their red boxes that are seen only in Furnish Mode. They then begin doing everything a guard is NOT supposed to do, including all I've mentioned above, plus more, and all that is left is anarchy.

The only work around to The Incident quest I have found is to do the quest before the knight is created, or to continuously end the lives of these misbehaving Townie guards until the game stops spawning them. For you see, I have noticed that if a Watcher does nothing about their uninvited behavior, the behavior continues, and then there is no order in the kingdom, and no ruling authority except the individual uncouth peasantry. That is not what I wanted for my kingdoms.

Can you help, Simmodder99? I appreciate any input you might share.

Thank you, Xeny

Quote:
Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live.
Test Subject
#60 Old 2nd Oct 2015 at 6:50 AM
These mods are awesome! I had to uninstall Populous II because there were just too many people! XD There were folks in my king's bedroom 24/7!
Test Subject
#61 Old 24th Nov 2018 at 2:21 PM
I know this is a long shot, since it seems Simmodder99 is not online anymore, but does anyone know how they managed to change the colour of the guards' default armor? I would like to replace the blue and white with black and gold.
Field Researcher
#62 Old 3rd Dec 2018 at 1:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sabal
I know this is a long shot, since it seems Simmodder99 is not online anymore, but does anyone know how they managed to change the colour of the guards' default armor? I would like to replace the blue and white with black and gold.

Put a wardrobe chest in the throne room, have your King or Queen go to the chest, click on it, then have them plan an outfit for each guard. This takes the character chosen into CAS where you can change their clothes.
Test Subject
#63 Old 10th Dec 2018 at 4:53 PM
I have done this, but I cannot change the outfit of every guard in the kingdom like this. New guards get spawned for daily quests (for the blacksmith for example) still wearing the blue and white armour. I would like them all to have the same default armour.
Page 3 of 3