Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 1:28 PM
Default Cheat Codes
Beyond my all time favorite Motherlode, what has anyone else found?

There is a list that can be found here But I haven't began to test it... Most of them seem to be pulled from TS3... But they have CFE up there so I'm not really sure...

The ones that are TSM originals are the ones I'm interested in for now... completetutorial, autoquestcomplete...

And never again, and never again...They gave us two shots to the back of the head... And we're all dead now...
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 2:14 PM
I have tried setmood and got no effect. Motherlode worked for me. In the program files/game/shared/nonpackaged/ini there is a TXT that says Commands and lists TestingCheatsEnabled=0. I am still not able to modify it though.

"What fools these mortals be"
WS
Giblets for hire
#3 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 2:22 PM
These are the commands exposed by the game scripts, there are more engine commands, I have not looked at those yet.

Game commands, general: (enabled)

help
quit
ShellState
RerollQuests

World commands, general: (enabled)

kaching
motherlode
enablellamas
hideHeadlineEffects
maptags
speed

Game commands, cheats:

You can enable these by editing X:\Path\To\The Sims Medieval\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Ini\Commands.ini and changing TestingCheatsEnabled=0 to TestingCheatsEnabled=1

setKingdomPoints
setKP
setQP
DisableRespos
EnableRespos
ShowAllQuests
ShowAllValidQuests
ShowAllValidQuestsNoAspect
videoMakerModeEnabled

World commands, cheats:

You can enable these by editing X:\Path\To\The Sims Medieval\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Ini\Commands.ini and changing TestingCheatsEnabled=0 to TestingCheatsEnabled=1

setmood

Game commands, debug:

Can't enable these without a core hack.

World commands, debug:

Giblets for hire
#4 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 2:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lmkrivcher
I have tried setmood and got no effect. Motherlode worked for me. In the program files/game/shared/nonpackaged/ini there is a TXT that says Commands and lists TestingCheatsEnabled=0. I am still not able to modify it though.
It's set as read-only by default. The easiest way to deal with that is to copy the file to say, your desktop, edit it, and copy it back -- this should also prompt any UAC dialogs (if you're on Windows Vista or Windows 7).
Test Subject
#5 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 3:26 PM
Thanks Rick

"What fools these mortals be"
WS
Test Subject
#6 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 5:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rick

I'm a little lost, how does one do that?
And also, thanks for your post; it really helped.
(Don't know why I had suddenly forgot about the Command.INI file though.)
Test Subject
#7 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 6:54 PM
After enabling testingcheats,shift+click on sim or lot to get some extra options like teleport,change trait,edit relationships ...
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 6:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by themango2806
After enabling testingcheats,shift+click on sim or lot to get some extra options like teleport,change trait,edit relationships ...

To add on to this, you CAN control your Sims hunger and energy by sliding their needs up and down (like in TS3)!
Test Subject
#9 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 8:40 PM
I'm on a Mac, how do I get to the TestingCheatsEnabled? I can't find it anywhere...
Test Subject
#10 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 2:47 AM
I'm guessing still no mod/cheat that allows me to play my queen without being on a quest is there? :I
Giblets for hire
#11 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 2:59 AM
ShowAllQuests, pick Free Time.
Test Subject
#12 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 3:15 AM
Mhh. Not working. I did the testingcheatsenabled thing(and changed it to 1), then I went into the game and did showallquests into the cheat window, but nothing came up.
Giblets for hire
#13 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 3:33 AM
You need to view the quests list, after using that cheat, all quests will be visible in that list.
Test Subject
#14 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 3:42 AM
You're such a big help, Rick. D: <3
Forum Resident
#15 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 4:10 AM
Can you modify Testingcheatsenabled on a game downloaded from EA? I've searched all day to no avail.
Giblets for hire
#16 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 4:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LoonehWannabe
Can you modify Testingcheatsenabled on a game downloaded from EA? I've searched all day to no avail.
There's no reason you wouldn't be able to.
Forum Resident
#17 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 4:58 AM
I can't find that file...
Giblets for hire
#18 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 5:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LoonehWannabe
I can't find that file...
It should be under the game's install directory at the path I specified.
Banned
#19 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 9:46 AM
what's video maker mode?
Scholar
#20 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 11:18 AM
((hugs Rick)) Am loving this thread, and the Mods one you started yesterday! I haven't yet received my copy of the game, but I'll definitely be implementing the cheats/hints you've mentioned
Thank you so much Rick - you're an awesome help!

...Titanium white...
Giblets for hire
#21 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 1:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nightwitch
what's video maker mode?
You can record and upload videos to Youtube from in-game, that's probably related.
Instructor
#22 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 6:25 PM
Where do I get such a core hack to enable those?
Giblets for hire
#23 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 6:44 PM
Do you really need any of the debug commands?
Test Subject
#24 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 9:07 PM
I requested the core hack to enable the debug commands earlier, mainly for the Buydebug command.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 9:10 PM
Alright Rick, why can't I get this to save? See Pic...

I actually click "Save" under File, but every time it comes up as "Save As"!? And then it asks to replace - I say "Yes", but then this "Try Again" comes up?

Any clues?!? ... Thanks!

Whatever you do, do it ALL for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31
My mission: To fill the gaps!
Join me on my new Discord channel!
Snag my creations from my LiveJournal!
Page 1 of 6