Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#151 Old 28th Apr 2011 at 3:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mermaidofthenile
Flies, eww, around their heads, what does this mean?!?!?! oi lol

That they have a curse or a disease of some sort.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#152 Old 28th Apr 2011 at 7:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by henryV111
Can anyone tell me why commoners stopped bowing to the king?

Because it would seriously slow gameplay down if they kept doing it.
Field Researcher
#153 Old 16th May 2011 at 12:07 AM
I've noticed that items in the shop are different prices for my different heroes, but how does it work? Is it based solely on level, or does profession come into it as well?

Also, is it possible to take a sim from Medieval CAS and put it into Sims 3 CAS? Obviously the hairs and outfits would be missing, but I only want the facial structure.

(Ancient) Sims 2 stories | Adventurous, Bookworm, Eco-Friendly, Genius, Over-Emotional
Instructor
#154 Old 16th May 2011 at 6:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by baratron
Also, is it possible to take a sim from Medieval CAS and put it into Sims 3 CAS? Obviously the hairs and outfits would be missing, but I only want the facial structure.

I tried but it doesn't really work, the Sims turns out looking quite different. Sims 3 doesn't recognize the facial feature templates from TSM and replaces them with it's own. Like if you use a certain nose from the nose "catalog" in Medieval CAS it will be replaced with another generic nose in Sims 3.

"Deep down I'm pretty superficial"

Field Researcher
#155 Old 19th May 2011 at 2:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by alexpilgrim
I tried but it doesn't really work, the Sims turns out looking quite different.

That's a shame - we managed to make a Medieval sim that looks quite a lot like my partner, and I was hoping to be able to put him in Sims 3. Oh well.

Here's another question - do high-level wizards get an ability that means they no longer have to sleep? I'm mystified about why the Wizard's Tower doesn't have a bed in it!

(Ancient) Sims 2 stories | Adventurous, Bookworm, Eco-Friendly, Genius, Over-Emotional
Mad Poster
#156 Old 19th May 2011 at 8:42 AM
The wizards cast a spell upon themselves and sleep standing up. If you have a wizard in the game whom you are not playing right now, you can sometimes see the wizard sleeping (with the spell on them) other places too.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Test Subject
#157 Old 19th May 2011 at 5:06 PM
The wizzard gaines energy from meditation, so if energy is low let him / her meditate.
Field Researcher
#158 Old 19th May 2011 at 5:08 PM Last edited by Lerf1950 : 19th May 2011 at 10:09 PM.
Choose meditate on the Wizard's menu; he gains energy that way, but he won't get the "well rested" buff.

So as not to spam the list I have a couple of questions I'll add here:

1. I've successfully added sims3 patterns that were package files to my game. Is there currently a way to extract the package files from Sims3packs without having Sims 3?

2. For some reason both my Spy and my Jacobean Priest are now shown as having religion Peteran. Now, I can deal with my spy having a religion, even though I'd intended her to remain an agnostic, but--uhm--should my Jacobean Priest be, like, Jacobean? And can I change him back?
Field Researcher
#159 Old 23rd May 2011 at 3:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lerf1950
2. For some reason both my Spy and my Jacobean Priest are now shown as having religion Peteran. Now, I can deal with my spy having a religion, even though I'd intended her to remain an agnostic, but--uhm--should my Jacobean Priest be, like, Jacobean? And can I change him back?

I think there's a bug with Jacobeans. The sim who works in the Jacobean Cathedral alongside the priest (Attendant Lionel) was an Agnostic and refused to be Converted to Jacobean for ages. And the sim who comes from the Jacobean high command to deal with the dying peasant in the "I Don't Feel So Good" quest (Jacob's Sword) is also Agnostic!

I don't know anything about testing cheats in Sims Medieval because I'm trying to play the game as intended, but I'd be highly surprised if you couldn't use them to restore your Jabobean Priest's correct religion!

Field Researcher
#160 Old 23rd May 2011 at 3:23 AM
I finally got it fixed with Dynamic Professions. Change Religions is one of the options. Neither of the other testingcheats enabling methods does that. I only found out about it after doing a couple of searches on this board and then I had to put together a couple of other bugs he'd developed together with his religious change before I was able to figure it it out.

Anyway, he is once again a Jacobean Priest, and even survived my attempt to get rid him with via the pit monster. (And seeing a Jacobean Priest in black and white brocade robes and white gloves being tossed up and down by the pit monster tentacle was almost worth the hassle....)
Test Subject
#161 Old 23rd May 2011 at 12:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lerf1950
Choose meditate on the Wizard's menu; he gains energy that way, but he won't get the "well rested" buff.

The solution is simple. Go sleep on someone elses bed (preferably the monarch's). To get the buff.
Then every time you are reaching the end of the buff (about halfway on energy) you meditate up to full. That way the wizard can keep the buff all the time. Well, at least until you forget to refill energy that is...
Lab Assistant
#162 Old 23rd May 2011 at 1:28 PM
For the people who have asked, the black clouds above your sim's heads mean that they have a plague, an illness or have been cursed. The white aura means that they have either been chosen by the watcher or have had a spell put on them by a wizard, the spells are telepathy and one other one I forgot the name of. Also, the clairvoyant buff from the well can be given by a wizard with the telepathy spell.

My stupid question, is I have a level 10 doctor who needs angelweed for her potions and things, I know where the angelweed is, but I can't click on it to discover it, it just says "no interactions available."
Mad Poster
#163 Old 24th May 2011 at 2:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coward67
My stupid question, is I have a level 10 doctor who needs angelweed for her potions and things, I know where the angelweed is, but I can't click on it to discover it, it just says "no interactions available."

Others have had this problem and I don't recall anyone posting back with a solution or a discovery about why the problem occurs, or that it fixed itself. If you want to get around the issue by buying the angelweed at the market, you can do this with my Market Stall mod, newest version.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Test Subject
#164 Old 24th May 2011 at 1:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
Others have had this problem and I don't recall anyone posting back with a solution or a discovery about why the problem occurs, or that it fixed itself. If you want to get around the issue by buying the angelweed at the market, you can do this with my Market Stall mod, newest version.

Its a bug which should be solved by cleaning out the cache. Haven't done it myself but there should be an instruction how somewhere here.
Lab Assistant
#165 Old 27th May 2011 at 9:02 AM
Stupid question, trying to make the doom staff thingie, mostly cause it's cool looking and my blacksmith has everything she needs expect something called the 'arcane edge'. Where/what is it and where/how can i find it?
Test Subject
#166 Old 28th May 2011 at 4:34 PM
Hi. i would like to know where I can get the awesome jeweled lute of the watcher. The best I could come up with was the heavy metal lute. Can I buy the watcher lute in the village shoppe? There also seems to be no smithing recipe for this thing....
Lab Assistant
#167 Old 30th May 2011 at 12:36 PM
You can get the Jeweled Lute at the village shop, but i think it only shows up once your bard is at a certain level. It also might be one of those 'chance card' things, but more than likely it's tied into the hero's level, kind of like how only certain wizard staffs can be used at certain levels, IE: Staff of the Watcher is lvl 3, Doomstaff is lvl 10, etc.
Test Subject
#168 Old 31st May 2011 at 1:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sentry
Hi. i would like to know where I can get the awesome jeweled lute of the watcher. The best I could come up with was the heavy metal lute. Can I buy the watcher lute in the village shoppe? There also seems to be no smithing recipe for this thing....

If you don't find it you can have a lute with the same skin during the bard guild quest (totally forgot the name, there is also a knight and wizard approach to the guild quest and you get equipment too)
Test Subject
#169 Old 31st May 2011 at 9:03 AM
Thanks for the advice. Damn, my bard is level 16 now, maybe I should go to the shoppe more often. But I didn't find the guild quest. Maybe I completed it already in this kingdom. That would suck. Especially, because there are no information whatsoever to be found on that watcher lute...
Test Subject
#170 Old 8th Jun 2011 at 11:58 PM Last edited by Megahue 2 : 9th Jun 2011 at 12:16 AM.
Information Found
Page 7 of 7