Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
transmogrified
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 8:25 PM
Default TSM mods you would most like to see
How are you hoping the community will be able to change/enhance/modify the Medieval? Spawn your mod ideas here. (Leave the stickied "Mods" thread for actual mods and modding discussion, please.)

Small print: this isn't a requests thread. MTS doesn't have a requests forum. Don't ASK for stuff, varlot.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 8:31 PM
I think it would be nice to be able to change the Sims in CAS . o: Especially the children . Well.. being able to change the childrens' clothes would be perfect already . ♥

Ehm .. and maybe something that makes your Heros Lvl Up slower ? It's a bit boring if they all lvl up to 10 after a few quests . o:

& some custom events would be awesome , too . ♥

Just some ideas that came into my mind first . c:
Instructor
#3 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 8:40 PM
I would like to see a camera-mod with more flexibiliy that the camera in game. Im a little obsessed with weird angels for my pictures, and its so frustrating to not be able to access the buildings from inside and out, only from outside and in. In fact it would be nice to just be able to go anywhere with the camera, no limitations.

"The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory. "
Test Subject
#4 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 8:41 PM
Absolutely agree with a mod that lets you modify children appearance/clothes.

Not sure if it'd be possible, but maybe a mod that enables the reception hall (or other lots) as a choice off the "Get Married at..." pie menu. For those agnostic Sims who don't want to get married wherever they happen to stand
Test Subject
#5 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 8:44 PM
Hot clothes and armours .
Forum Resident
#6 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 9:14 PM
Oh I got quite some suggestions myself.

1. Armor customisation mod.
Maybe I overlooked something, but to my knowledge armor can't be customized. I like to make it match the kingdom's colors.

2. Only male guards mod.
In the medieval period all soldiers where men. I am fine with a hero character being a female knight or such, to be the exeption to the rule, but in my kingdoms male guards are usually rare. I prefer them all as men.

3. Allow customisation at more locations.
Judgement area, docks, the city gates and the part before the forest could all get a little piece to customise. I seriously want clothing chests there to be able to put all guards in matching uniforms to match my chosen kingdom colors.

4. Option to change clothes for children.

5. No more autonomous swordfights.
Everyone is fighting all the time in my castle, unless its some sort of rough warrior culture you are trying to get, its very inappropriate.

6. Allow experience gain and daily tasks in freeplay mode.
This keeps it more interesting and not so pointless as it is now.

7. Larger bedroom at the knight's quarters.
For a nobleman the knight really has a small house when compared to other heroes. He/she is supposed to be priviliged after all, and would want enough room for children that can pass on the legacy,

8. lower requirements for grinding achievements.
I like to earn new stuff through the achievements instead of just unlocking it all through a mod to still feel a sense of accomplishment, but many achievements require a new kind of grinding. Throwing 150 eggs and 150 tomatoes for example.
That could be lowered to 50 for example.

9. A little more leniency with available clothes.
There is quite some stuff that I consider appropriate for some classes which they don't get. Why is the spy's hood restricted for example? It's just as appropriate for wizards and priests. And there are more things like that.

10. Allow the indoor camera to fully go to the side.
I am fine with the front not being fully seen, but the camera could be able to turn a bit further to both sides.
Test Subject
#7 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 9:16 PM
There should be the command to call the children home. I mean, seriously, there are children wandering about the bandit-ridden country side past midnight. Actually, it would be good if there was a time that the entire family would be home by so I don't have to search the kingdom for them. Also, although it was already mentioned, changing children's clothes. In my Kingdom, Princess Elisabett is running around with rags and barefeet while Ward Kira dresses like the princess. And the fact that there is no option to put food in the larder; you have to open it and drag it from your inventory and vice versa when getting food for later.
Test Subject
#8 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 9:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sayyadina
I would like to see a camera-mod with more flexibiliy that the camera in game. Im a little obsessed with weird angels for my pictures, and its so frustrating to not be able to access the buildings from inside and out, only from outside and in. In fact it would be nice to just be able to go anywhere with the camera, no limitations.

Agreed. Sims 3 camera control would be better IMO for several reasons.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 9:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xLadyInRedx
I think it would be nice to be able to change the Sims in CAS . o: Especially the children . Well.. being able to change the childrens' clothes would be perfect already . ♥

Ehm .. and maybe something that makes your Heros Lvl Up slower ? It's a bit boring if they all lvl up to 10 after a few quests . o:

& some custom events would be awesome , too . ♥

Just some ideas that came into my mind first . c:

There is a way to edit kids. It too me awhile but i found it. You have to have testingcheatsenabled and the you press shift and right click on the child the its added to you active family. You can then play the child and tell it to go plan an outfit. The when you are done just right shift click on it again to remove it from your active sims. It worked for me.

As for mods I would love to see one that makes it easier to change kids this way is a bit much -_-
Also a mod that keeps sms from danceing everytime the barb plays......Its fine it just that my hero will stop what they are doing to dance also everyone danceing drives me nuts....Its like the smustle in sims 2.....
and i am with the others on a camra mod.....
Inventor
#10 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 9:52 PM
A No Route Fail Tantrum Animations like the one stevebo77 did for Sims 3
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 10:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by crinrict
A No Route Fail Tantrum Animations like the one stevebo77 did for Sims 3

Ohhh how could i have forgotten that!
Instructor
#12 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 10:15 PM
Well, let's see...

1. Like a lot of other people said, there's a lot of stupid and annoying autonomous NPC behaviour that I would like disabled. Constant autonomous belching and farting with sims who have the "Glutton" and "Unkempt" traits, the screaming tantrums upon route failure, all the autonomous sword fighting, people coming to the castle and swarming the tactics map, etc.

2. A camera mod is desperately needed. When we're outside, why is it constantly switching between pan and rotate? Very irritating, I want it to just stay on rotate because I can already scroll/pan easy by moving the mouse to the edge of the screen. I'd also like rotation to be a little slower cause I find it too fast a lot of the time. The camera for inside of buildings also needs a lot of work, I would like it to be able to turn fully 90 degrees to both side, though making it able to fully rotate would be great.

3. Like someone says, something that makes population of knights and guards almost all, or completely, male. Just for the sake of historical immersion and realism... I'd really like to play a female knight trying to prove herself in leading the men!

4. And again, as was already requested, the ability to change children's clothes.

5. A mod that makes things more customizable would be awesome, in regards to clothing and buildings. Or at least something to give the Monarch a bigger castle. I would also like to somehow make the Physician's clinic look like less of a tiny, cramped dump when he starts making a lot of money.

6. Something that somehow bars random NPC's from constantly autonomously invading your Hero's private quarters and using their chamber pot, bathtub, etc. That's one of the first things that got on my nerves about the game and I'd REALLY love it if someone could put a stop to this.

7. More clothing and hairstyles would be so awesome. More customizable patterns. Also customizable armor.
Test Subject
#13 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 10:32 PM
Here's a couple.

1. The ability to edit sims in CAS after they've been created (mostly for NPCs).

2. The ability to view all hero inventories at once and switch items between them.

3. Stop sims from bathing in my monarchs bathtub, cooking on her fireplace and staring at themselves in her mirror. Seriously i'm about ready to just get her to send them all to the stocks. In short stop NPCs from using stuff in your house like they own it.

4. A way to age NPCs up or down. I'd like to have some kids but having them stuck at child indefinitely is not appealing.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 10:41 PM
* A mod that makes sims autonomously cook better meals if they have any ingredients.
I hate how they start autonomous cooking when they are hungry, and despite the fact that they have delicious whale meat or honey and wheat in their inventory, they cook that tasteless goo and spoil their performance. And you cannot even stop their cooking without having to clean the oven afterwards.
It works with the castle servants, they always cook nice meals. So why don't the heroes!

* A mod that removes the limit of 3 babies per woman

( * A fix for the smith handing over empty packages when a customer has ordered a longsword/armor and the smith produces one of legendary quality )
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 10:45 PM
I have been playing the game for 3 days without even stopping to eat LOL and now I have a kingdom in freeplay mode I would really like the carry on and lvl up my sims and have them do their 2 daily tasks like when their on a quest, I dont know if the sims will get old and die or if they stay as their forever but I would really like them to get old and have their kids take over the family business. Maybe the game was never ment to be like that but it would make it more fun for me if my sims had more meaning to their freeplay lives.
Test Subject
#16 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 10:52 PM
Let´s just note that this game has mages, a worm-like moster in a pit and where the king leaves the castle without any bodyguard. All I`m saying is that historical realism is already out of the question.

However! Following the list trend:

1) A mod that gives customization options for each kingdom/ambition, as the mentioned "make all/most guards male", and allowing to select the outfits for the guards, etc.

2) A "Forbid reading for NPCs in this room". When I started the game, I made a peteran monk and, after a while, I put a bookcase in his room. Immediately after, it was flooded with townies that read its book, sitting on the little room chairs.

3) "Close this room to NPCs". What Le Carrera suggested. It`s a bit annoying to get random people walking up to have a talk between them in the blacksmith`s room, for example. A "close this room except for these sims..." one would be even better, though.

4) In the same vein of thought, sims like to stand up and chat to each other inside the temples, even when the priests are giving a sermon. A mod to stop them from doing so would help immersion a tiny bit.

5) Customizable armors, of course!

6) Tintable exteriors for buildings, maybe. It would help with making interior designs blend better with the outside of buildings. If I make my monarch`s castle with different kind of black stones in the inside, I`d like to have it black on the outside too. This one is problably more work than any of the others, but since this is just whisful thinking...well...

7) More kinds of weapons. Swords are nice, but knights didn`t just use that. We don`t even need new animations, just new models that represent axes and maces.
Inventor
#17 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 11:14 PM
You can already have Daily Responsibilities with Free Time. There is a cheat called enablerespos which enables responsibilities. I've used it and it works.

You can find my Sims 3 Mods at TFM's Sims Asylum .
Instructor
#18 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 11:21 PM
Oh wait, another thing... I think a lot of people would really like the bone assignments on the game's female outfits to be fixed up so they'll work properly and look right with breast size sliders.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 29th Mar 2011 at 12:19 AM
This insanity MUST be stopped!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

My big strong blacksmith merrily dancing to my queens music box while she's sleeping!!!!!

Whatever you do, do it ALL for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31
My mission: To fill the gaps!
Join me on my new Discord channel!
Snag my creations from my LiveJournal!
Instructor
#20 Old 29th Mar 2011 at 12:21 AM
I feel your pain on that.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 29th Mar 2011 at 12:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by katierose33
There is a way to edit kids. It too me awhile but i found it. You have to have testingcheatsenabled and the you press shift and right click on the child the its added to you active family. You can then play the child and tell it to go plan an outfit. The when you are done just right shift click on it again to remove it from your active sims. It worked for me.

i tested this and first of all, you can't add your sims child to the active family. and second- if you add someone like this, you can't control them anyway.

i want mods that allows me to:
1.control multiple sims
2.edit my sims children.
3.edit sims in CAS

these are just my first three. i might add more later.

I'm cooler than cool! I'm stupid!
Field Researcher
#22 Old 29th Mar 2011 at 12:41 AM
Here's another one that needs to be STOPPED!

Dueling in the middle of a wedding?!?! And she's the queen and supposed to be witnessing at this shendig!!!!

Whatever you do, do it ALL for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31
My mission: To fill the gaps!
Join me on my new Discord channel!
Snag my creations from my LiveJournal!
Test Subject
#23 Old 29th Mar 2011 at 12:47 AM
I like a lot of the ones mentioned.

any and all customization is good.

freeplay always a quest choice (so i don't have to type in cheat.)

responsibilities in freeplay

STOP THE HEDGE WIZARD FROM CASTING SPELLS WHILE I AM FORGING!! I hate that guy.
Test Subject
#24 Old 29th Mar 2011 at 12:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jbeach34
Here's another one that needs to be STOPPED!

Dueling in the middle of a wedding?!?! And she's the queen and supposed to be witnessing at this shendig!!!!

The SAME exact thing happened to me. Incredibly annoying.

-

Like everyone else said, being able to customize the clothing, hair, and even traits of the children would be nice. it would be nice to see them grow up too.

Since we're talking mods, it might be cool to see a little more violence in the game. XD Maybe it's because I'm used to playing FPS type games with beyond M ratings, but I feel like the middle ages were a bit less... wholesome.

I mean, come on. There are tons of skeletons hanging around in cages, and yet we can't actually USE these cages for torture? Seriously. I want to see some sadistic variety here.
Test Subject
#25 Old 29th Mar 2011 at 1:10 AM
More hair, sliders for women's figures, optional makeup, black skin (haha drow elves are a guilty pleasure and the dark brown is barely cutting it), better eyes, maybe custom building and kingdom layouts.
Of course all the people partying in my active sim's location should get out when he/she goes to sleep! The one about random strangers bathing in my bath is a good one, as well!
Page 1 of 23