Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 5:06 AM
Default Achievement modding?
i've done quite a bit of looking at some of the files that the game uses. and i noticed the Ach.Package, i'm thinking that has to be info on the achievements. maybe someone can look into this a bit more, someone who has more experience?

if not...theres also the possibility of someone who has unlocked all achievements (or darn near close to all) sharing that file and seeing if it does what i think it does.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 6:51 PM
An interesting experiment, I doubt anyone would be close to it yet though considering the amount of work it would take to reach the highest watcher level. It seems to require finishing all ambitions on platinum, unless the amount of points given differs for each ambition.

Personly I just unlocked the third batch of items and have a long way to go for the fourth.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 11:21 PM
completeing all achievements would be difficult of course, i mean how many of us can complete 30 quests with one hero?
Eminence Grise
#4 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 12:06 AM
Shimrod has a mod that unlocks all the ambitions: http://ts3.tscexchange.com/index.ph...80&topic=5176.0
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 12:35 AM
not talking ambitions, talking achievements. things like what you get for jumping willingly into the pit of judgement and surviving it 5 times.
Eminence Grise
#6 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 12:49 AM
I believe that the game treats ambitions and achievements more or less the same way... ambitions are a special case of achievements... so the same modding approach might work :-)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 12:55 AM
i dont understand the modding process so i cant really say anything, maybe Shimrod can look into maybe making achievements easier to complete, so that we CAN focus on ambitions with at least some of the best furniture and clothing one can find. heck, i'd settle for an 'auto-complete all achievements' if one was possible because really, using achievements as a way to unlock content...not a fun idea.
Test Subject
#8 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 9:12 AM Last edited by frigis : 11th Sep 2011 at 6:42 AM.
I've tinkered around with Shimrod's file and yes, it controls both ambitions and achievements. I've modded his file to also unlock achievements instantly. Just place in your mod folder, load up a saved game (or start a new one), and all achievements should be unlocked right away (and in my game, the unlock is permanent, even after you remove the mod). Word of warning though: I'm no expert, so back your stuff up first.

Also, please let us know if it works, or doesn't.

http://www.mediafire.com/?tz24w29ghsq9jrs

Updated mod for P&N:
http://www.mediafire.com/?1qlatag17os5axy
Forum Resident
#9 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 9:53 AM
Both mods linked here don't work.

I placed them in C/program files/electronic arts/sims medieval and it does nothing.

As far as I understand from another thread, this is where it should go. I havent used other mods yet though so maybe I am doing something wrong.
Test Subject
#10 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 12:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by frigis
I've tinkered around with Shimrod's file and yes, it controls both ambitions and achievements. I've modded his file to also unlock achievements instantly. Just place in your mod folder, load up a saved game (or start a new one), and all achievements should be unlocked right away (and in my game, the unlock is permanent, even after you remove the mod). Word of warning though: I'm no expert, so back your stuff up first.

Also, please let us know if it works, or doesn't.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ic7rw6s4nech610

The mod works however, there seems to be a few points missing to complete the last unlock. Found the file ach.package in the save directory which contains the details of all the unlocked achievements. If anyone can hack that file and correct missing points, it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Test Subject
#11 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 1:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inhuman One
Both mods linked here don't work.

I placed them in C/program files/electronic arts/sims medieval and it does nothing.

As far as I understand from another thread, this is where it should go. I havent used other mods yet though so maybe I am doing something wrong.

Place .package files in C:/Program Files/Electronic Arts/Sims Medieval/Game/Bin/Mods/Packages

You may need to create the Mods and Packages folders. Hope this helps.
Forum Resident
#12 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 1:57 PM
Found a tutorial from Rockerduck and managed to install it, its not under bin though but in the sims medieval folder where I created the mod/packages folders.

Works fine now exept for one thing.

All achievements are unlocked, and all kingdom ambitions are unlocked. Since the requirements for platinum are gone, I quickly unlocked all of the ambitions on platinum to improve the watcher level further.

But, I seem to be short a few points for the last level. I assume theres another level at least since the experience bar is almost full, current level is super seer.

Is there any other way aside from completing ambitions and achievements to get watcher points?
Test Subject
#13 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 2:24 PM
Same problem as Inhuman One.

Is it a bug mayby?
Scholar
#14 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 3:00 PM
Does anyone have a list - or know off-hand - what items the achievements actually unlock?
Would just like to know before I stick it in my game..

...Titanium white...
Forum Resident
#15 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 3:09 PM
Its mostly clothing used by proffesion assistants and such, such as the town crier outfit, jester outfit, jacoban assistant robe but also some commoner and noble clothes. Sadly nothing with weaponry aside from an armor in the first batch that cant be used by knights. Some headwear is unlocked as well.

Furthermore its also furniture such as statues, mirrors, beds, tables, closets, chairs and lights.

Personly I am a bit disappointed since I figured it would unlock pretty much every outfit and armor seen in the game worn by NPC's, especially since they often wear armor as casual wear which can be customized at a chest.
Test Subject
#16 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 3:25 PM
To get the final level: Pupilord

You have to get the limited edition redeem code.

Dunno if I can post it here.
Test Subject
#17 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 3:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by acescolar
The mod works however, there seems to be a few points missing to complete the last unlock. Found the file ach.package in the save directory which contains the details of all the unlocked achievements. If anyone can hack that file and correct missing points, it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I accidentally found where the few missing points went to reach Pupilord level.

When the achievement mod is in place, some values are in zero. Removing the mod will correct the values. However, you have to leave 1 achievement unlocked for the last unlockable clothes and furniture to activate.

Thanks for the mod, really saved me a lot of time.
Scholar
#18 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 4:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inhuman One
Its mostly clothing used by proffesion assistants and such, such as the town crier outfit, jester outfit, jacoban assistant robe but also some commoner and noble clothes. Sadly nothing with weaponry aside from an armor in the first batch that cant be used by knights. Some headwear is unlocked as well.

Furthermore its also furniture such as statues, mirrors, beds, tables, closets, chairs and lights.

Personly I am a bit disappointed since I figured it would unlock pretty much every outfit and armor seen in the game worn by NPC's, especially since they often wear armor as casual wear which can be customized at a chest.

Bah humbug! I was hoping it would unlock more armour for anyone to use - would love to see my Monarch, Spy or even my Wizard in cool, butt-stomping armour! Oh well... I think I'll still stick the mod in and check the unlocked stuff out. Thanks for the reply, Inhuman One

...Titanium white...
Forum Resident
#19 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 4:21 PM
I have the limited edition, that code gave me three new throne rooms and some outfits. No watcher points though as far as I know.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 10:06 PM
maybe leave one really easy to get achievement undone, that might work.
Test Subject
#21 Old 4th Apr 2011 at 2:13 AM
I believe I got the answer: the last couple levels are gained only by completing at least some (if not all?) of the ambitions as well.

But those should be easy to gain with the mod. All you have to do is this:
- Start a new game in each ambition
- Select a monarch
- Select any quest
- Use the cheat "setqp 0"
- Quit the quest (and make sure your QP is indeed at 0)
- You'll get the congratulations screen and the ambition level should be at max
- SAVE YOUR GAME
- Quit to menu
- Repeat

I'm currently still testing this out, but it seems to be working so far.

And also, I realized I messed up the mod a bit. Some achievements weren't being completed properly. Here's the updated version:

http://www.mediafire.com/?tz24w29ghsq9jrs

If you already got every achievement, I don't think you have to worry about this new version.
Eminence Grise
#22 Old 4th Apr 2011 at 2:30 AM
Nice, Frigis Added that to my mod list: http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...d=1#post3488338
Test Subject
#23 Old 5th Apr 2011 at 12:13 AM
Frigis I bow to you. <3 Thanks for the help! Great mod, works like a charm~
Field Researcher
#24 Old 5th Apr 2011 at 12:17 AM
Thanks so much Frigis for the help and the mod - worked great - Some of the achievements are just dumb. Would take too long to get all the achievements.
Forum Resident
#25 Old 5th Apr 2011 at 12:21 AM
well the updated version does improve the watcher level, but it doesnt seem to unlock any new stuff for me.
Page 1 of 4