Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Apr 2011 at 1:02 PM Last edited by hotroxy777 : 16th Apr 2011 at 8:49 AM.
Default TS3 to TSM Hair Conversion Tutorial
Hi this is my very first tutorial on MTS forum so I'll try to explain this as best as I can. Sorry for my poor English. So in this tutorial I've converted hairstyle from Anubis360 which I've found here http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=381016

First you will need the S3 CC to Medieval CASPart Wrapper by velocitygrass which you can find it in this thread http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...704#post3494704
and the latest version of s3pe by Peter L. Jones which you can download it from here http://dino.drealm.info/den/denforu...php?topic=189.0
(for this tutorial I've used 32 bit version)

1. So at the first step you need to open S3PE tool and then select FILE-->OPEN
and select the package that you want to convert. I've already choosed the hair from Anubis360

2. after that you need to find CASP file select it and hit the GRID button

3. when that window pops up expand the Age Gender list to enable or disable the age and gender groups that you want to add or remove it really depends on you
when you're finish just hit the COMMIT button below and go to the Medieval Proffesion list and do the same thing

4. when you finish close the window and go to Resource and select it then select Details
and change the Type and Instance by clicking the FNV64 and FNV32 buttons and save your package file

Now you're ready to go just put the package into your Mods/Packages folder and your hairstyle shuld looks like this in your game

Special thanks to :
Anubis360
velocitygrass
Peter L. Jones
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 15th Apr 2011 at 6:35 PM
Oh fantastic! Thank you so much, I'm so excited to go try this :D
Test Subject
#3 Old 15th Apr 2011 at 7:19 PM
Thx ,nice work.I have just one little problem , can't click ont the grid.What should i do?
Test Subject
#4 Old 15th Apr 2011 at 7:31 PM
I seem to be having a couple of problems;

1. The eyes of my sim seem to be overridden with the 'accessory' color of the hair color.
2. The hair seems to be too large for my sims head

Is there anyway I can adjust those in the S3PE program or should I just re-adjust my sim's face in-game?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Apr 2011 at 8:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by krystalevenstar

1. The eyes of my sim seem to be overridden with the 'accessory' color of the hair color.

Is there anyway I can adjust those in the S3PE program or should I just re-adjust my sim's face in-game?

have no idea I didn't have any problems with the conversion yet
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 15th Apr 2011 at 8:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gifos
Thx ,nice work.I have just one little problem , can't click ont the grid.What should i do?

have you selected the CASP file ?
Theorist
#7 Old 15th Apr 2011 at 8:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by krystalevenstar

Heads are a different size between the games, TSM hairs being converted to TS3 must be made bigger and so obviously TS3 hairs going to TSM must be sized down. Use milkshake or a similar meshing program. I have no idea about the 1st question sorry.

Hi I'm Paul!
Instructor
#8 Old 15th Apr 2011 at 8:38 PM
Hmm, I agree. The hairs do look way too large for the the heads.
Test Subject
#9 Old 15th Apr 2011 at 9:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hotroxy777
have you selected the CASP file ?

Yes,but the Grid button is gray.
Test Subject
#10 Old 15th Apr 2011 at 11:45 PM
Super tutorial. Thank you
Test Subject
#11 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 2:05 AM
Dear hotroxy777,

Thank you for great tutorial.
Anyway, I've tried to do a conversion with your step-by-step tutorial.
Here is my steps:
- download the newest S3PE - download velocitygrass' Medieval CASPart Wrapper (version 1.0.1)
- download hairstyle from anubis360 (same as your tutorial)
- install S3PE - move s3pi.CASPartResource.dll to my safe folder
- copy s3pi.CASPartResource.dll from velocitygrass' Medieval CASPart Wrapper.
After that, when I tried to open Anubis360's hairstyle, why my right pane on S3PE show errors? Or Do I use the wrong version of Medieval CASPart Wrapper?
(I use the 32-bit version s3pe)

Need your help, please.
Test Subject
#12 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 3:19 AM Last edited by sexybrina : 16th Apr 2011 at 5:18 AM.
I have been trying to get it to work as well, seemingly the push grid button won't let me push it.
I don't know what I am doing wrong.
Inventor
#13 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 8:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sakerah
- download velocitygrass' Medieval CASPart Wrapper (version 1.0.1)

That is the one that works on Medieval CASParts. You will need the S3 CC to Medieval CASPart Wrapper (which works on Medieval CASParts, but can read Sims 3 CASParts as well), which can be found here.

It's a bit confusing right now. I plan to create a new thread for all my modding tools, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 8:47 AM
For those who still having errors. I'ts because there is two types of Medieval CasPart Wrapper file. Please use the file from post #363 in this thread http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...25#startcomment

Sorry it was my mistake the proper file is S3 CC to Medieval CasPart Wrapper.
Test Subject
#15 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 2:38 PM
Hi Please advise. I am doing everything as instructed, but my hair does not show. You know why?

Witam Proszę o poradę. Robię wszystko zgodnie z instrukcją ale mi włosy nie pokazuj. Czy wiesz, dlaczego?
Test Subject
#16 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 3:34 PM Last edited by Alin_El_Rene : 16th Apr 2011 at 3:36 PM. Reason: It seem's not only me
I've tested this tutorial not using the hair with the tutorial, I'm using the NewSea Hair which is work but only one package. Just to inform you that NOT ALL the package hair is work for this method. I've used 6 hair package but only one is work. Try and error is needed here since you can't just import any package like that (at least for now).
If this only happen to me then something is wrong with my method. If this happen to you guys then let me know.

EDIT:
Above me is the example of my explanation, the hair is not show or not working. At least my theory is not that invalid. Trust me this should be a warning
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 3:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Alin_El_Rene
I've tested this tutorial not using the hair with the tutorial, I'm using the NewSea Hair which is work but only one package. Just to inform you that NOT ALL the package hair is work for this method. I've used 6 hair package but only one is work. Try and error is needed here since you can't just import any package like that (at least for now).
If this only happen to me then something is wrong with my method. If this happen to you guys then let me know.

EDIT:
Above me is the example of my explanation, the hair is not show or not working. At least my theory is not that invalid. Trust me this should be a warning

Could you send me the hairstyles which doesn't work for you? Or post the link to them??

The orginal ones from TS3
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 4:14 PM Last edited by mangaroo : 16th Apr 2011 at 11:07 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by samko2223
[removed download link]

Seems that it's work for me. Maybe not looks perfect but it works.

Make sure you've ticked the small "Use resource name" box
Test Subject
#19 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 4:26 PM Last edited by mangaroo : 16th Apr 2011 at 11:07 PM.
Could you send me the hairstyles which doesn't work for you? Or post the link to them??

The orginal ones from TS3

I randomly convert the package. I forgot the link since it long ago. But I will try other package. Perhaps I should try again and re-read the tutorial. If this happen again I will upload the file then. Thanks before.

EDIT:
[removed download link]
I'm just testing it, I really appreciate if you can link back the working hair (I mean upload the working converted hair). Thanks!
Test Subject
#20 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 4:44 PM
Seems that it's work for me. Maybe not looks perfect but it works.

Make sure you've ticked the small "Use resource name" box

Super and gave it a link to download please?
Test Subject
#21 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 5:02 PM
This is me in game shows. Why?
Test Subject
#22 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 5:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by samko2223
This is me in game shows. Why?

What do you mean? Not showing again in the game?

BTW, I've download the converted hair, but it still not showing in the game. Perhaps there's something wrong with the mods configuration. But strangely, the "no intro" mod works from the start and my hair conversion is also works, but your conversion is not work. Here's the problem, why this happen? We need to figure this out.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 5:28 PM Last edited by mangaroo : 16th Apr 2011 at 11:05 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Alin_El_Rene
I randomly convert the package. I forgot the link since it long ago. But I will try other package. Perhaps I should try again and re-read the tutorial. If this happen again I will upload the file then. Thanks before.

EDIT:
Here is the hair that didn't work for me.
[removed download link]
I'm just testing it, I really appreciate if you can link back the working hair (I mean upload the working converted hair). Thanks!

It's works fine but looks ugly

[removed link to download]
Test Subject
#24 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 5:33 PM Last edited by mangaroo : 16th Apr 2011 at 11:05 PM.
[removed link]

works on your PC, I wonder why the earlier hair is not work for me. Gotta try this one.

BTW, for modders you can't just upload the converted package from TS3 to TSM because several reason (read here: http://nene.modthesims.info/t/437456) But in this case we just want to proof the conversion tools, we don't upload it to share on purpose, we just testing it. If the moderator angry with this, just edit our post and delete the converted package links. Peace! :D
transmogrified
retired moderator
#25 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 5:34 PM
Do not share TS3 -> TSM content in this forum unless you have the original (TS3) creator's permission.
Page 1 of 8