Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jul 2011 at 12:37 AM Last edited by HugeLunatic : 3rd Apr 2015 at 12:50 AM.
Default Grim's Medieval Core (New Beta See Note)
Note:
I am uploading a new beta version of the mod. This represents a major change in the way I handle a lot of things. It a lot cleaner system, and more accurate, not to mention fixes some bugs. The main thing you will notice is the new Options Menu that allows you to enable or disable Core feature. The other thing is a new spell addition Deadly Arrow which kills the target sim.

Since it's such a major change I've decided to make the last version my official stable version, and keep it here for anyone who wants that. It does include the returned CAS Patterns, but it only returns that code to the original. I've figured I'd probably better keep a version history, so this one's version is 2.0.13.001. The new beta is 2.0.13.002.beta.

3/17/2013:
Latest core fixes DEBUG options check on the options screen.

The package names have been changed in the stable version, so if you've previously used my core you'll need to delete the old beta package.

This is a collection of most of my mods, plus several things I've been working on. It is meant to replace all of my mods except for Auto Save. It also does not include male pregnancy clothing, but I'll add the link here.

New Options

Male / Male Pregnancy
Allows pregnancy during male / male WooHoo.

Female / Female Pregnancy
Allows pregnancy during female / female WooHoo.

Female / Male Pregnancy
Allows pregnancy during female / male WooHoo.

Male / Female Pregnancy
Allows pregnancy during male / female WooHoo. (EA default)

Special Consideration
If at any time the selection may be either sim the default mother will be the sim who started the WooHoo interaction.

Baby Gender Bias (2.0)
Allows increasing the chance of having a male child by eating Sweet Porridge, and a female child by eating Seafood Stew.

Naked WooHoo
Sims will get naked after WooHooing.

Naked Sleep
Sims will get naked to sleep.

Naked Wager (2.0)
Sims will get naked when losing a wager for clothes at the card table. (Thanks to kawaiipd for suggesting it.)

Naked Censor (2.0)
Allows in-game enabling or disabling of the censor mosaic when naked. (Helpful when young eyes show up unexpectedly.)

Toilet Censor (2.0)
Allows in-game enabling or disabling of the censor mosaic when using chamber pot. (Helpful when young eyes show up unexpectedly.)

DEBUG Interactions (2.0)
This adds a bunch of DEBUG interactions to every sim in the game. (Change Profession, Religion, Skills, Levels, etc....) It also will add DEBUG commands to the console if testingcheats is enabled. I haven't tested every new DEBUG interaction. I know some do nothing, but others may break you're game. Use caution.

New Interactions
Door Lock/Unlock(Returned to 2.0 by request)
Allows locking and unlocking of doors. A locked door is inaccessible to all sims until it is unlocked.

Murder By…
Allows killings any sim by selected death type. The interaction occurs immediately after murdered sim finishes their current interaction.

Wish For Child
Allows wishing for a child a the town well. The wishing sim will be allowed to select the “father” of their child. The wishing sim will always become pregnant instantly.

Adopt Child
Allows adoption of a parent-less child from the message post. The child will be added as a regular blood child to the adopting sims family. The child will also be added to the adopting sims spouses family. Adopted children behave as normal children (for those who have read my Same Sex thread the problem seems to be fixed).

Age Child
Allows a sim to age their child to adult.

Age Child and Assign Profession
Allows a sim to age their child to adult and give them the household profession. The child immediately becomes an adult with the household profession, however the child will not be selectable until a new quest begins or a parent sim select the interaction Retire From Profession.

Retire From Profession
Allows a sim to retire from their profession without dying. The sim will pass on any quest or profession to their eldest child. The child, if not aged up already, will age up, and become a sim of the parents profession. The child will also become selectable, and take over the parents current quest.

Notes/Bugs
The quest will not officially change sims until the parent finishes their current quest task, even though the task is listed in the child’s queue.

If the current quest requires a certain quest specific ability using the Retire From Profession interaction after the ability is granted, and when the sim has an eligible child, could make the quest impossible to complete.

Retiring From Profession when no eligible child is present will make the game have no available quest when the current quest is completed. This can be fixed by selecting a new sim for the retired profession, and calling the console command rerollquests.

Set Color Tint(2.0)
Allows selection of a single tint color to be applied to game objects normally unrecolorabled in design mode. Doors, lights, shells, harvestables, urns and more can now have their colors tinted. Some objects do get the interaction, but have no noticeable color change when applied. Sims, terrain, village, and town walls don't seem to change color. Other objects because of the dark nature of their texture show very little difference when recolored. A lighter texture should make tinting more noticeable.

Add Ability or Set Level(2.0)
This adds an interaction to sims which allows setting individual levels. This replaces the former Dynamic Professions addition for adding abilities with my own new ability interaction. This still isn't exactly what I want, but it will do.

Assign Title(2.0)
Allows a Monarch to assign a Title and Name to any non-professional sim.

Returned Patterns to CAS(2.0)
Don't know why they "fixed" this.

New Beta Changes
These changes are only available in the Beta release.
New Interface(Beta)
New Options Menu allows enabling and disabling of all Core options and interactions. Also fixes some bugs, and tidy's up the code.

New Interaction Injectors(Beta)
Interaction Injectors have been reworked to be more efficient and accurate.

New Spell Deadly Arrow(Beta)
Adds a Level 1 spell called Deadly Arrow. This spell when successful will kill it's target.

Translations
Swedish by sparalink

Compatibility
This is a full core mod so it is not compatible with any other core mod. This mod also rewrites the optionsdialog.xml so it will conflict with any mod which overwrites it. This mods is also meant as a full replacement for all of my Medieval mods except for Auto Save, and should not be used with them.

This is a script mod so you must install d3dx9_31.dll in your The Sims Medieval\Game\Bin folder.
Please Refer to How to mod you game for beginners for mod installation instructions and files.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  MaleMaternityClothing.zip (77.9 KB, 12369 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Male Maternity Clothing
File Type: zip  GrimsMedievalCore_V_1_10.zip (2.89 MB, 7254 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: zip  GrimsMedievalCore_V_2_0_13_001.zip (3.37 MB, 14927 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Stable 2.0 and P&N Core
File Type: zip  GrimsMedievalCore_V_2_0_13_002_beta.zip (3.38 MB, 29748 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Latest 2.0 and P&N Core
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 24th Jul 2011 at 1:23 AM
Wow! So many nice additions. Thanks for this -- I can't wait to try it out!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 24th Jul 2011 at 9:14 AM
Is the "Wish for Child" option supposed to be on the well already in town square? I tried to use it with my blacksmith, but the option wasn't there
Test Subject
#4 Old 24th Jul 2011 at 12:43 PM Last edited by Zucabr : 24th Jul 2011 at 1:32 PM.
A small suggestion:

It would be nice if the CAS slider limit was extended or removed. The game has a hardcoded limit of 20 sliders per section, or so say the TS3 mod threads, and this limit removal functionality is usually found in core mods.

Edit: Erm... and also maybe the functionality of Rick's debugenabler? That would be awesome. :P
Instructor
#5 Old 24th Jul 2011 at 2:32 PM
oh wow! This made my day! and everything works great so far! Thanks!
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 24th Jul 2011 at 3:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JNAS2006
Is the "Wish for Child" option supposed to be on the well already in town square? I tried to use it with my blacksmith, but the option wasn't there

All of the interactions should be available as soon as you install the mod. The only cases where this might not be true is when a sim or building is newly added. I have tried to fix those instances when I've found them, but if you come across one a save and reload will add the interaction.

The town well I believe is always there, so it should't need a reload, but it may be worth a try. Also check to make sure you have the new options tab, and other interactions. Maybe it's not installed correctly. I was kind of sleepy when I wrote that write up, and forgot to mention that as a core file you must use d3dx9_31.dll.

Hopefully this helps.
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 24th Jul 2011 at 3:41 PM Last edited by grimreefer24601 : 24th Jul 2011 at 4:56 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Zucabr
A small suggestion:

It would be nice if the CAS slider limit was extended or removed. The game has a hardcoded limit of 20 sliders per section, or so say the TS3 mod threads, and this limit removal functionality is usually found in core mods.

Edit: Erm... and also maybe the functionality of Rick's debugenabler? That would be awesome. :P

I haven't messed with sliders before, but I'll keep an eye out for some way to change them.
(Edit: The only place I see that you can add sliders without modding code is in the facial blend area. It seems the max number of sliders there has already been set to 50. Everything else like muscles and weight seem to be hardcoded sliders.)

As for debugenabler, I've kicked around the idea of adding it to my core, but I haven't decided how to do it. I personally don't want the debug commands all time.

The other thing is I've been looking into ways enable some of that functionality by itself. Murder By..., Adoption, Wish For Child, Age Up and Assign Profession, and Retire from Profession were all things that debug or cheat commands led me to.

(Edit: Just looking at it again, and I thought debugenabler enabled more than it does. Seems the debug "interactions" I was talking about aren't enabled with it.)

I'll probably end up adding an option on the tab to turn them on however.

Any other ideas you have, I'll be open to hear them, and if I come across a way to do it, I'll add it. Just remember, I'm only a one man band, so don't go crazy.
Test Subject
#8 Old 24th Jul 2011 at 8:15 PM
Your work is incredible. Might I suggest adding the Dynamic Professions 1.3 by TheHologramMan (or something blatantly similar or even better, possibly including updates to pirates and nobles code when released, if that's your thing...) since DP was coded in April 11, and he hasn't logged in since June 11... Perhaps even extending it to "Monarch Appointments" which could include NPC roles as NPC spawns, like Adviser spawn, Servant spawn, Witch spawn, et cetra. Just hopeful ideas...
Instructor
#9 Old 24th Jul 2011 at 10:44 PM
This is great! If you can figure out how to add debugenabler, this will be the best TSM mod out there. Possibly it already is though...

My true to life tumblr: http://smargent.tumblr.com/
Test Subject
#10 Old 24th Jul 2011 at 10:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grimreefer24601
(It seems the max number of sliders there has already been set to 50.)

As for debugenabler, I've kicked around the idea of adding it to my core, but I haven't decided how to do it. I personally don't want the debug commands all time.

I'll probably end up adding an option on the tab to turn them on however.

Any other ideas you have, I'll be open to hear them, and if I come across a way to do it, I'll add it. Just remember, I'm only a one man band, so don't go crazy.

Oh interesting. I was under the impression that the sliders were limited to a lower number of sliders (and yes, I think that part is what I meant. Modders have modded in various body parts using "facial" blending). Would it be safe to extend them to some higher number anyhow, just to be safe? :P

The debug enabler is mostly console commands, I think.

And thank you for considering this. I'm not actually that creative, so these "ports" of TS3 coremods will be a-okay for me.
Instructor
Original Poster
#11 Old 25th Jul 2011 at 12:46 AM
Zucabr:
I believe I have already added the debugenabler functionality. Plus I'm testing a Selectable Family addition. I'll update the download when I've tested it more.
As for the slider limit, I'll be happy to increase it if someone needs more sliders. However making it infinate would probably not be worth the amount of code necessary. If you or someone else experiances being held back by this limit let me know.

Hzarg:
I honestly haven't used Dynamic Professions, but I don't want to step on anyone's toes. If TheHologramMan has a version 1.3 it's possible it's the most current around. I'd feel bad about jacking his mod. (Possibly Rick's DebugEnabler too.)
As for titling other sims, I'm looking into options.
And I do intend to update this mod as new patches and updates come out. Barring Qwest shutting me down again. It will take a little bit of time with each new Expansion or Patch, but I usually am an impatient sort of guy, so I update my stuff pretty quick. I also try to write my mods to make them easy to update. I don't plan to keep you waiting long when Pirates and Nobles comes out. I'm pretty excited myself.
Test Subject
#12 Old 25th Jul 2011 at 8:03 AM
Hey again,

DP 1.3 is more of a debug than a script, you seriously ought to take a look; the reason I suggested it was you have done the same thing with "retire" that he did with set profession to "none". The ideas definitely overlap. I understand it's a matter of respect, yet how long should we wait to duplicate useful features from the EA code shuffled into a crystallized form? I hope TheHologramMan hasn't given up on modding it, I know it's popular.

Otherwise, I'm not sure you understood my NPC spawn suggestion, though a titles mod is certainly interesting. Go your own way, it's best.

Glad to hear your dedicated to the future of TSM, it shows.
Instructor
Original Poster
#13 Old 25th Jul 2011 at 2:21 PM Last edited by grimreefer24601 : 25th Jul 2011 at 2:47 PM.
You've got me curious about DP, so I guess I'll have to take a look when I get time.(Edit: Ok, I looked at it. It's not a core mod, so I believe it should work for any game version, and it should work with my core though I haven't tested it yet. I probably will end up making my own version of some of DP's features, because they are things I was thinking about anyway, but it doesn't seem like an update or rewrite is necessary.)

NPC spawns should be a piece of cake. The only question is whether to make them spawn new, assign the role to existing NPC's, or both. Probably both. I'll see what I can do.

I'm also looking for animations for some of my interactions that don't have them like retire,age up, and murder by.... If anyone has seen an animation they think would work well for any of those please let me know.
Test Subject
#14 Old 25th Jul 2011 at 6:34 PM Last edited by Hzarg : 25th Jul 2011 at 6:49 PM.
I might be jumping the gun, just noticed your previous comment on Selectric family, and am interested in that, is it similar to Shimrod adding six hero kids in the guts of it? Or is it better? Is it visually increasing the spindle count from four to eight? Or better? Something simple and completely awesome? Curious minds want to know.

Also, and maybe this is obvious, concerning the NPC spawn, I think the front end could be something like: Hire/Appoint Adviser, Town Crier, Jester, Servant, Barmaid, Squire, Guard, Constable, Executioner, Nurse, Friar, Apprentices (Blacksmith, Sorcerer's Ap :3, Acolyte), Thieves... Still, both spawn new and assign role to existing sound good. Would it be impossible to pre-assign an age group child, teen, adult to elder here? I think it would be easy for some. Child jesters and thieves sound fun... I guess that's where the DP trait assignments could come in handy.

I can see where a Titles mod would relate here, in appoint sir knight, baron, duke, abbot, bishop, falconer, trader, or "Insert text here"... (just a thought, I wonder if any of these assignments might coincidentally show up on the Nobles EP side? Probably not).

You don't have to go into a detailed response about any of this nonsense... we all like surprises.
Instructor
Original Poster
#15 Old 25th Jul 2011 at 10:23 PM
Selectable Families is just adding a hero's family as selectable when the hero is instantiated. So instead of Shift-Right clicking on each family member your spouse, children, and parents, if you've aged up a child, are automatically selectable. Just trying to find hooks for bassinet age up, and marriage.

Right now I really need to tighten up the existing features before I add too many more. Otherwise I'll have so much creature feep it will be unworkable. Hopefully I'll be abled to get some stuff fixed up this week, and can look into new stuff this weekend.
Test Subject
#16 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 1:42 AM
This isn't working for me. I have testing cheats and debug enabler. Do these conflict though they're not core mods?
Instructor
#17 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 2:25 AM
the debug enabler does for sure
Test Subject
#18 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 3:54 AM
still not working
Instructor
Original Poster
#19 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 4:24 AM
If removing debugenabler didn't help there's either another conflict or it's not installed correctly. If those are the only two mods you have, I'd guess it's an install problem. Most common issue is not including d3dx9_31.dll in your The Sims Medieval\Game\Bin folder.
Test Subject
#20 Old 27th Jul 2011 at 7:40 PM Last edited by gapeachpit : 27th Jul 2011 at 8:06 PM. Reason: Update
Weirdness is happening
WARNING - this is a long entry regarding some problems I'm having after using Grim's wonderful mod -- I'm hoping someone may be able to help, or that it may alert Grim to something that's going on with the mod.

I've been using your (Grim's) mod for a number of quests now, and something weird happened. (now, I have several other mods, but nothing like this has happened before.)

I was doing "Ye Olde Magic Show" with the wizard and the bard. Towards the end of the quest (just when both heroes are supposed to go to the town square) The Hunger and Energy markers started doing weird things: the Bard (who has legendary trait Satiated) was constantly full and energized, the Wizard (who has legendary trait Industrious) was constantly running out of energy, even after meditating. (okay - I do have Simmodder99_TSM_EnhancedWizardMeditation_FillMotives mod loaded as well -- that one's new for me.)

Nonetheless I was able to complete the magic show, and all the pop ups regarding the end of the quest came up -- except for the End of Quest itself. So I quit and restarted (after saving), and when the kingdom came up, it said I needed a new Bard. I added one, but upon playing the next quest (see below) the old bard was still very much there.

SO, I went to do another quest, but the only one that came up was "The Philosopher's Stone". (I could get others with the cheat, but this was the only one offered by the game.) When I went to play - the wizard and the bard were still loaded. Of course, the wizard is part of TPS, but earlier I tried a different quest, and he and the bard were still there. SO...I went ahead and played TPS, and the wizard is now put away.

However, the bard is still loaded. I'm going to do a quest with the bard so that she gets taken care of. But it's all rather annoying, and I wish I could figure out how the glitch happened. I hope it's nothing to do with you mod, Grim! I really like what you've done.

Update: When trying to run quest with Bard, I get new Bard. Old Bard lingers like a ghost.
Instructor
Original Poster
#21 Old 27th Jul 2011 at 10:31 PM
Did you have your bard retire during the quest? This sounds like the bug I noted about retiring without an heir. A little diffferent though.

I have some ideas on areas that might be worth looking at, but nothing in your description really jumps out at me. I will be looking into it, but if you have any other experiances please let me know.

This mod is for testing so any other bug, error, or suggestion comment is welcomed. I do hope you game hasn't been corrupted, but remember this core is only a beta at this point. There is no way I can test these things to their fullest by myself, so I've uploaded some of my latest work for people to play with and help me test. I highly reccommend keeping multiple different saves to protect yourself from losing a kingdom.

Thank you for all the information you included. I really appriciate the details. It's really helpful in tracking bugs. I will let you know if I come up with anything.
Test Subject
#22 Old 28th Jul 2011 at 3:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grimreefer24601
Did you have your bard retire during the quest? This sounds like the bug I noted about retiring without an heir. A little diffferent though.
Thank you for all the information you included. I really appriciate the details. It's really helpful in tracking bugs. I will let you know if I come up with anything.

Happy to be a beta tester. It certainly breaks up the tedium that can set in. (And I am loving the options.) I didn't retire the bard, unless (and this is a distinct possibility) I accidentally clicked that during play. I tend to play quickly, and there are a lot of options when you accidentally click your active hero rather than the character they're interacting with.

I don't think it's cacked up my Kingdom for the Ambition I'm currently working on (Wealthy Populace.) My bard had reached over 9K simoles, so I don't really need to do any more quests with her anyway.

One thing I did was take my Sims through a few clothing changes during the game (including bare skin). That may have messed something up or made a conflict. I'll try to keep an eye on anything else weird that could be happening.

Thanks Grim!
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 29th Jul 2011 at 5:20 PM
Thanks Grim, there are some on here that I haven't tried yet. But I'm really looking forward to it!

Yes it is the clothes that makes the Sim
Test Subject
#24 Old 1st Aug 2011 at 10:55 AM
I am not sure if I am doing something wrong or not, but my game isn't loading after launch when I use this mod. It'll get up to the first loading screen before it goes to where you can load saves, but just sits there. I've tried it with just this mod, with and without the d3dx9_31.dll and it does nothing, but when I remove the file from the folder it goes back to working just fine.

Would you have any idea what could be causing this? Thanks in advance.
Test Subject
#25 Old 1st Aug 2011 at 12:59 PM Last edited by Zucabr : 1st Aug 2011 at 2:18 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Hawkeyes
I am not sure if I am doing something wrong or not, but my game isn't loading after launch when I use this mod. It'll get up to the first loading screen before it goes to where you can load saves, but just sits there. I've tried it with just this mod, with and without the d3dx9_31.dll and it does nothing, but when I remove the file from the folder it goes back to working just fine.

Would you have any idea what could be causing this? Thanks in advance.

Random shot in the dark, what's your patch level? Have you patched to 1.3? (full version number 1.3.13) Also, where did you get your d3dx9_31.dll? Are other script mods (grim's autosave, Dynamic Professions Mod, edit in CAS) working? Are other core mods (Rick's debugenabler, older coremods of grim such as samesex preg, lockenabler) working?

EDIT: btw, when might the next version be? Just idly wondering, no rush.
Page 1 of 31