Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jun 2015 at 8:10 PM
Default Accidentally changed sims3pack file
I somehow manages to change a sims3pack folder into an adobe folder Dx Is there any way i can change it back? Now every sims3pack folder i have is an adobe folder ! Dx Heeeelp
Advertisement
is going to be a cat when she grows up.
retired moderator
#2 Old 1st Jun 2015 at 10:05 PM Last edited by spladoum : 2nd Jun 2015 at 7:59 PM.
1. Right-click on a .sims3pack.
2. Select the "open with" option, choose the Sims 3 Launcher.
3. Check off the box on the bottom left that says "always use this application to open this type of file."
4. Hit OK.

Strangers in a Strange Land--The Shin Yi Legacy | last updated 3.7.2014
My Simblr | Is probably NSFW
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Jun 2015 at 8:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by spladoum
1. Right-click on a .sims3pack.
2. Select the "open with" option, choose the Sims 3 Launcher.
3. Check off the box on the bottom left that says "always use this application to open this type of file."
4. Hit OK.

There is no sims 3 launcher icon there though ;n;
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 2nd Jun 2015 at 8:24 PM
That's odd. I am assuming you have TS3 installed?

Try: Control Panel --> Programs --> Default Programs --> Set Associations

Select on the list under descriptions: The Sims 3 Custom Content or under the Name .sims3pack
click on the button on the right Change Program and find Sims3Launcher Starter Application

Good luck!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 2nd Jun 2015 at 9:45 PM
Do you have file extensions on in your folder options? In the folder it's in, go to "Tools" at the top and then select "folder options". Click on the "view" tab then look under "advanced settings" and under "Files and Folders" there should be an option called "Hide extensions for known file types". Uncheck it and hit okay. Then rename your file again. This time don't use a period and change to (what I assume you have is "yourfilename.pdf") change it to "yourfilename.Sims3Pack". Then when you're all done you can go ahead and recheck the box again in the folder options.