Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 2:33 PM
Default How to get the neck to match the child's neck without distortion.
I sized an adult mesh down to a child size. I'm still working on the legs and the arms but I couldn't get the neck to match up while using the unimesh normal and vertex data tool and wound up messing up the neck.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 2:00 PM
hrm sized down as in, scaling down even the bits that show skins? Because that's actually not a really good idea. The thing is is that whenever you apply the normals data to it, the child's head will have tons of gaps and it will look... not as much as a neck. (Just in case you did this ) So what I'd do, if you really want to keep the adult body at least, is to delete the neck part, replace it with the actual child mesh reference, attach it to the body so there are no gaps and then apply the normals and vertex data to it
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 3:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lyralei
hrm sized down as in, scaling down even the bits that show skins? Because that's actually not a really good idea. The thing is is that whenever you apply the normals data to it, the child's head will have tons of gaps and it will look... not as much as a neck. (Just in case you did this ) So what I'd do, if you really want to keep the adult body at least, is to delete the neck part, replace it with the actual child mesh reference, attach it to the body so there are no gaps and then apply the normals and vertex data to it

Thank you for answering. Do I do the same thing with the arms and legs as well? What do you think about the child neck that I attached to the body?
Screenshots
Virtual gardener
#4 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 2:38 PM
basically when you're doing a Age>child conversion, you always wanna use the child reference mesh, never use the adult one and make it look like a child's body. But the neck looks quite realistic
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 4:10 AM
basically when you're doing a Age>child conversion, you always wanna use the child reference mesh, never use the adult one and make it look like a child's body. But the neck looks quite realistic

Thanks, I'm trying to fix the sleeves because they're clipping into the child mesh but I'll upload it once i'm finished.
Virtual gardener
#6 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 1:03 PM
oHh awesome! Can't wait to see them! No idea what exactly you're working on but more kids clothes is always appreciated

*puts on mod hat*

Don't forget to read the Guidelines though : http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...ines/Sims_3_CAS
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 5:37 PM
oHh awesome! Can't wait to see them! No idea what exactly you're working on but more kids clothes is always appreciated

*puts on mod hat*

Don't forget to read the Guidelines though : http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...ines/Sims_3_CAS

I didn't know that you were even interested in it anyways i'm still having problems trying to get the sleeves to fit around a child's arm without clipping other than that everything seemed to be in order although I would still need to test them out in the game to make sure that it's working properly but I must say for one of my first age conversion projects i'm shocked that I was doing this well or that I had even gotten this far and this is coming from a guy that never 3d modeled.
Screenshots