Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
The other one
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Apr 2013 at 9:36 AM Last edited by missroxor : 3rd Apr 2013 at 8:30 AM.
Default Official MTS Competition: Multicultural Sim/Photo Competition
Hello MTSers! Now that the dust is just about settled from our recent upload queue revamp and all the shenanigans that went on yesterday, it’s time we got our official competitions back on track!

Multicultural Create Competition

Our recent Cultural Diversity Create Competition is officially closed. Well done to those who participated! We’ll start collating and judging pretty soon and have the results to you by the end of the month.

Multicultural Sim/Photo Competition

Over the last three months we’ve been asking you to make or build something from different cultures around the world that interest and inspire you. Well now the photographers, story tellers and contest fans among you will get your turn! This isn’t a beauty contest or a fashion contest: we want you to make a sim to represent a country of your choice then use that sim to teach us a little something about that country and the people that inhabit it. I’m looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

As always, there’s a separate thread for TS2 and TS3 as well as a chat thread for each. Please keep general chit-chat, discussion of entries, additional/bonus pics etc in the chat threads so we can keep the official contest threads clutter free

A note about prizes
As you know, our intention has always been to provide prizes specially made for these official contest winners and participants in addition to the usual contest winner ribbons. Unfortunately with one thing or another we ended up quite behind schedule meaning that we still have 24 people awaiting their light-bulb trophies and badges as well as an additional 78 people waiting for participation badges (plus those who participated in the create competition). We haven’t forgotten you! We’re keeping note of who’s owed what and we’re doing our best to get these finished and distributed as soon as we’re able but we’ll need you to hold out a while longer. Getting these competitions up and running has been a bit of a bumpy road but we’ll get there
31 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 17th Apr 2013 at 1:23 AM
Default Quick question.
Quote: Originally posted by missroxor
Hello MTSers! Now that the dust is just about settled from our recent upload queue revamp and all the shenanigans that went on yesterday, it’s time we got our official competitions back on track!

Multicultural Sim/Photo Competition

Over the last three months we’ve been asking you to make or build something from different cultures around the world that interest and inspire you. Well now the photographers, story tellers and contest fans among you will get your turn! This isn’t a beauty contest or a fashion contest: we want you to make a sim to represent a country of your choice then use that sim to teach us a little something about that country and the people that inhabit it. I’m looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

As always, there’s a separate thread for TS2 and TS3 as well as a chat thread for each. Please keep general chit-chat, discussion of entries, additional/bonus pics etc in the chat threads so we can keep the official contest threads clutter free

A note about prizes
As you know, our intention has always been to provide prizes specially made for these official contest winners and participants in addition to the usual contest winner ribbons. Unfortunately with one thing or another we ended up quite behind schedule meaning that we still have 24 people awaiting their light-bulb trophies and badges as well as an additional 78 people waiting for participation badges (plus those who participated in the create competition). We haven’t forgotten you! We’re keeping note of who’s owed what and we’re doing our best to get these finished and distributed as soon as we’re able but we’ll need you to hold out a while longer. Getting these competitions up and running has been a bit of a bumpy road but we’ll get there

So, what's the official closing time for this? I've just gotten my Sims working again!!! And also, whats the rules about CC and Store content?

Please and thank you! Jessxx
Site Helper
#3 Old 17th Apr 2013 at 1:17 PM
Click the link for the contest you are interested in for full details. Basically you have until April 30 to get the full entry posted, although if the contest fills up before that you are out of luck. (Although it doesn't look as though there is much chance of that. )

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
#4 Old 25th May 2013 at 5:04 PM
Default Don't feel too bad about the contest Ghost
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
Click the link for the contest you are interested in for full details. Basically you have until April 30 to get the full entry posted, although if the contest fills up before that you are out of luck. (Although it doesn't look as though there is much chance of that. )

I've noticed a huge decline all around with the ferver for the sims ever since the sims 3 came out...hopefully EA gets it right with the Sims 4, we love having our world with all the modifications we can dream of, this seamless world just doesn't work as well as S2.
Inventor
#5 Old 26th May 2013 at 6:27 AM
I wonder what the next official MTS competition will be...

The Darkdusk Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
The Nightmagic Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
Last of Her Kind has ended thanks to a dead computer.
Test Subject
#6 Old 28th May 2013 at 5:11 PM
Default Vamps and Zombies
Quote: Originally posted by PSDuckie
I wonder what the next official MTS competition will be...

Vampires. Everything is vampires or zombies nowadays
Inventor
#7 Old 28th May 2013 at 5:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CrumpleBtmGrl
Vampires. Everything is vampires or zombies nowadays

I seriously hope you're right. Vamps are so fun to play.

The Darkdusk Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
The Nightmagic Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
Last of Her Kind has ended thanks to a dead computer.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 14th Jun 2013 at 7:27 PM
hannahsim201999- I'm not an MTS official, but I trust that patience is key.
I have yet to receive the participation prize and ribbon from a contest that ended December 1, 2012.
I don't doubt that it is forgotten, but I think that a few site things got sidetracked for awhile.
I loved your Africa entry, by the way.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 15th Jun 2013 at 5:58 AM
Thanks
Yeah apparently its written on a list
Test Subject
#10 Old 16th Jul 2013 at 4:19 PM
This comp seemed really interesting. Wish I could have participated but I never got the chance.
Test Subject
#11 Old 16th Jul 2013 at 10:46 PM
Cool competition, do supernatural Sims count as culturally diverse :P
Mad Poster
#12 Old 2nd Aug 2013 at 12:48 AM
And, the winners are: ____________

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Test Subject
#13 Old 9th Aug 2013 at 7:27 PM
When do you think the next competition will be?
Instructor
#14 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 4:09 PM
Default Picket Fences! Part 42
[/center]

Picket Fences! Part 42