Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 3:17 AM
Thank you all so much for your hard work and help. I think I'm gonna turn in and check back on this forum tomorrow. I'm beginning to feel my "Madman" start to break through my thin layer of sanity. Thank you all again.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#52 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 3:25 AM
my sims cant use the toliet?/ lol must be a mod somewhere

i take my sims photos using fraps!!!!
Scholar
#53 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 3:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by carlydunham
my sims cant use the toliet?/ lol must be a mod somewhere

Do you use the no fountain toilets mod? - I do and it's on the list of broken mods.
Theorist
Original Poster
#54 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 3:32 AM
Okay guys, I'm heading off to bed. Also, I'll try and get on before class in the morning to do a quick update (if there's anything), but I can't guarantee it. So if anything comes up, you guys probably won't see a post update until around 1PM tomorrow (I have a 4 hour math class in the morning), and I'll play catch when I get home. Thanks everyone for your cooperation!
Forum Resident
#55 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 3:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aparkison
Do you use the no fountain toilets mod? - I do and it's on the list of broken mods.

i did i took it out and moved the sims back in and out it fixed it everything seems ok now

i take my sims photos using fraps!!!!
Forum Resident
#56 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 4:01 AM
So basically all scripting mods are effected? Yep NOPE definitely not touching this for awhile.
Test Subject
#57 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 4:02 AM
The pixelswirl hairs are sims 3 hairs, as she confirmed on her tumblr account.
Scholar
#58 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 4:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by carlydunham
i did i took it out and moved the sims back in and out it fixed it everything seems ok now

Awesome. I'm afraid to patch, because I'm only building and making Sims right now - but I hear CAS is screwed up and some people have lost their skins and eyes. So, going to wait. Glad you got sorted!
Scholar
#59 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 4:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by inchysquinchy
The pixelswirl hairs are sims 3 hairs, as she confirmed on her tumblr account.

My question is: how was this person (whoever they are) playing with Sims 3 hairs in their Sims 4 game and not crashing till now? Color me gobsmacked.
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 4:22 AM
Hey there, this is pixelswirl from tumblr. The hairs you have listed by me are for TS3, NOT TS4. That would explain why they're crashing people's TS4 games. I do have TS4 hairs too but they're working just fine.

Whoops, didn't actually check the end of the thread before I posted. Glad someone else mentioned it, haha.
Test Subject
#61 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 4:24 AM
Found another one for you

[artsims] Michael Costello Fall 2015 Lace Dress.package
Deceased
#62 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 4:28 AM Last edited by scumbumbo : 1st Apr 2015 at 6:50 AM.
Mods of mine *confirmed* to be broken:
  • Evolve All Outdoor Retreat Add-On
  • **PHEW** the list is finally getting shorter....

FIXED:
  • Change Sim Name
  • Teen Homework Fix
  • Smarter Baby Care
  • Put Books Away
  • Improved Death Reactions
  • More Traumatic Divorce for Children
    • (no changes were actually required but I reported is as broken earlier)
  • No Leftover Parts
  • Violin and Guitar Bugfixes
  • Evolve All with or without Faster Gardening
  • Faster Gardening
  • Change Career Branch
  • Call Anytime (all flavors)
    • (more fixes are required, but it's basically working until the new EP)
  • Longer Song Titles

Confirmed working:
  • SimLotto
  • Satisfaction Cheat
  • Outfit Tools
  • Gender Preference Commands
  • Never Weary Unnerfed
  • Darker Progress Circle
  • Molding Clay Builds Creativity
  • Always Start Lots Paused
  • Keep Instruments in Inventory
  • Wakeup Early
  • Pregancy Mega Mod
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 4:28 AM
please add the following as well:

drchillgood flunkingkidsdontgetdeleted + kidscandieofanything
mr s_a_clotheschange_x

Now playing Waverly Chronicles, rotational gameplay
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 4:29 AM
Sad, many of these mods i'm already use. EA digging where it should not :\
Scholar
#65 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 4:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by borisXborisette

Are you sure that's not for Sims 3 - they don't tag their downloads as for whether they are Sims 3 or Sims 4 and I can't tell from the Sim pictured.
Scholar
#66 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 4:39 AM
my mom is gone. disappeared :'( that is so wrong. this game has broken my heart.
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 4:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by borisXborisette

This is also for Sims 3 (art-sims doesn't create for TS4)

As far as I'm aware, the only CAS content that's not working is custom skin colors & some default replacements.

Also, a quick way to check if something is for TS3 or TS4, try to open it in S3PE or s4pe. if it opens, it's for that game. if it throws an error, it's for the other one. (It won't mess up the file or anything afaik)
Scholar
#68 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 4:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by asyouwish
This is also for Sims 3 (art-sims doesn't create for TS4)

As far as I'm aware, the only CAS content that's not working is custom skin colors & some default replacements.

Also, a quick way to check if something is for TS3 or TS4, try to open it in S3PE or s4pe. if it opens, it's for that game. if it throws an error, it's for the other one. (It won't mess up the file or anything afaik)

I forgot about S3PE or S4pe - good advice! I would do that, but a lot of people probably don't know how to use either of them. And I thought Art Sims was only Sims 3 - thank you.
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 4:50 AM
I forgot about S3PE or S4pe - good advice! I would do that, but a lot of people probably don't know how to use either of them. And I thought Art Sims was only Sims 3 - thank you.

Hmm, good point. Though it really only involves going to File>Open so it shouldn't be tooo intimidating. (Not very helpful for Mac users, however :\)
Test Subject
#70 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 5:00 AM
Oh my god seriously... I just got the update and my game won't even load! I took away all the mods and tried again but nothinnng! at first I thought only mods would make it crash, not CCs! I don't have the patience to check all of my ccs I have like 1400 files in my mods folder >__< how could EA let this happen!? I have a youtube channel and do let's plays on the sims 4 (CAS also) and now I don't even know when I'll be able to play again!! I tried playing without any CCs or mods but the game gets boring!! what are we supposed to do ?

thank you guys for listing all these mods, I don't even know how you do to find the exact mod or CC that causes problems. I'm quitting sims 4 until it is all fixed I think
Scholar
#71 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 5:03 AM
judaisimcontacts.package is a Sims 3 file and needs to be removed from the list. Reference here - http://judaisim.tumblr.com/post/105...e-right-type-of - please make sure you are using Sims 4 CC in your games to help out the creator of this thread, so it doesn't become a confused mess.
Scholar
#72 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 5:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by koichan
Oh my god seriously... I just got the update and my game won't even load! I took away all the mods and tried again but nothinnng! at first I thought only mods would make it crash, not CCs! I don't have the patience to check all of my ccs I have like 1400 files in my mods folder >__< how could EA let this happen!? I have a youtube channel and do let's plays on the sims 4 (CAS also) and now I don't even know when I'll be able to play again!! I tried playing without any CCs or mods but the game gets boring!! what are we supposed to do ?

thank you guys for listing all these mods, I don't even know how you do to find the exact mod or CC that causes problems. I'm quitting sims 4 until it is all fixed I think

Make sure you accidentally don't have any Sims 3 CC in your game. I just verified two files submitted to this list were not for Sims 4, plus the Pixel Swirl hairs were not made for Sims 4. So double check your CC.
Scholar
#73 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 5:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by asyouwish
Hmm, good point. Though it really only involves going to File>Open so it shouldn't be tooo intimidating. (Not very helpful for Mac users, however :\)

I know veteran simmers that have never used S3PE once. I thank Twallan (bless his soul) for all his guidance and good advice back when he was around. He really taught me a lot about my Sims game from reading all his posts. I think I'm going to pull my mods and patch. I can do without mods, since I'm only building and making Sims, because I can't stand not knowing what will happen and I'm impatient. That said - at least I know I'm not running any Sims 3 CC!
Test Subject
#74 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 5:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by koichan

I have roughly 3k cc/mod files - It actually won't take as long as you think. Just test 'em 100-200 files at a time, putting the sets that work until a separate folder as you clear them. Once you've figured out which group it's in, repeat with smaller groups until you find it.

But yeah, if you had any Sims 3 cc accidentally installed, after this patch it'll crash your game.
Test Subject
#75 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 5:22 AM
Make sure you accidentally don't have any Sims 3 CC in your game. I just verified two files submitted to this list were not for Sims 4, plus the Pixel Swirl hairs were not made for Sims 4. So double check your CC.

I'll try that, not sure if i have the patience though... it's quite a task checking 1400ccs...
Page 3 of 29