Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#51 Old 25th Jun 2010 at 8:47 PM
I changed the resolution to 1024x768. Members is still the only tab I see so the resolution wasn't a problem.
Advertisement
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#52 Old 26th Jun 2010 at 8:21 AM
wtfever2: The search not being applied to the filter boxes is a bug. As for opinions about functionality and layout - I made the decision to split the search from the filter in terms of position on screen. I also made the decision to deliberately make the filters more prominent and to change the way they look. It's not fully done yet As for db queries, well, I'm the only one who can see that, and considering the number of people who actually use the filters, the load is bearable.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Inventor
#53 Old 26th Jun 2010 at 8:52 AM
That's a very nice feature and I don't think those filter-buttons doesn't match the style of the site. At least I like it.
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
#54 Old 27th Jun 2010 at 11:41 PM
OMG! Thanks a lot for this! I love it, I always wanted something like this :D

Check out my tutorials: For TS4: Eyelashes and for TS2: Eyes and Eyes 2
-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#55 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 2:12 AM
Delphy- Well, this is odd. I was downloading my stuff (because of the hdd crash) and noticed that 1 of my downloads had the tabs. Strangely enough, it was the one you thanked while checking out the thanks count for me. Looking at all the others, it would seem that no staff and no creators have ever thanked me. Which I know isn't right.
Mad Poster
#56 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 12:07 PM
Yes, still having the same problem as mustluvcatz. It's not a big deal, just a bit of a shame not being able to see if any fellow creators have thanked my items!
Instructor
#57 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 12:10 PM
I can confirm that skimming one thread I found 4 featured creators and alot more MTS creators that are only showing up in the normal list, those are obviously only names that I know. Tried a second thread and I see the same people some of whom are still very active as creators.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#58 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 2:58 PM
buggy: Give me an example of a thread where you see creators in the normal members list?

Instructor
#59 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 5:35 PM
It can be any thread. If a creator is listed as a normal member in one thread he or she will list as a normal member in any of the others that they thanked too.

Example http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=326637

I have highlighted part of it here:

Hope that helps.
Theorist
#60 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 5:43 PM
I think the members that have the supporter symbol before the creator one are the ones showing up under members. A few names I recognized that show up under members are amythestfenix, CatOfEvilGenius and Kims*Designs.
Test Subject
#61 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 11:25 AM
ummmmaa, interesting.. just signup into forum and reading a lot.. catch u soon
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#62 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 11:26 AM
buggy: Thanks for the link. I've adjusted the code so hopefully now it should be better. Please let me know if it's still not working right.

Instructor
#63 Old 30th Jun 2010 at 5:45 AM
Definitely better! The users I recognise are now featuring in the right categories although the normal list is still the same (so some are showing up double). One notable exception is Catofevilgenius who has now "dissappeared" from all lists including normal. I guess she may not be the only one.

Edit: Did not actually look at the staff tab, silly me! Sorry Cat=)
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#64 Old 30th Jun 2010 at 7:31 AM
Yeah I moved Helpers to the staff list becuase, well, they help the site out.

You might still see *some* duplicates appearing in the normal members list but thats usually becuase the particular member has a "special" state and shouldn't be affecting more than 2 or 3% of people.

Mad Poster
#65 Old 3rd Jul 2010 at 6:15 PM
Hmm, still not working for me, but I discovered something strange: it DOES seem to work for a short time after a new creation has just been uploaded, but then stops working at some point. For my last two uploads, for a short time after upload while there were only a few thanks, I was seeing Featured Creators, Creators, and Members tabs, and I thought 'OK, it's working now - I can see everybody'. But then when I look again a few hours and several more thanks later, all tabs except Members have disappeared and I can no longer see anyone who thanked me except non-creator members. So it's as if there's some cut-out moment after either a certain number of thanks or a certain number of hours, where it stops working. ???
Test Subject
#66 Old 4th Jul 2010 at 8:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
wtfever2: The search not being applied to the filter boxes is a bug. As for opinions about functionality and layout - I made the decision to split the search from the filter in terms of position on screen. I also made the decision to deliberately make the filters more prominent and to change the way they look. It's not fully done yet As for db queries, well, I'm the only one who can see that, and considering the number of people who actually use the filters, the load is bearable.

Yeah, I figured it was a bug because when I copied the filter query string and added it to the fresh url for new searches the filter worked fine. It looks like it's working now, though. No worries about the design, it was just my opinion, as long as functionality works any design will do! This site is very easy to navigate through. Thanks!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#67 Old 4th Jul 2010 at 12:28 PM
EsmeraldaF: It's probably becuase of your low resolution, so stuff doesn't fit on the screen when you get a lot of thanks (ie the numbers in brackets increase), but when it's low, you see all tabs.

Mad Poster
#68 Old 4th Jul 2010 at 2:32 PM
EsmeraldaF: It's probably becuase of your low resolution, so stuff doesn't fit on the screen when you get a lot of thanks (ie the numbers in brackets increase), but when it's low, you see all tabs.

Hmm, just tried it on my other PC, which runs at 1280x1024 (as opposed to 1024x768 on the previously-mentioned laptop I use as my main PC), and my MacBook which runs at 1280x800, and got the same result - Members tab only. Tried it with both Firefox and IE on the PC, and Firefox and Safari on the Mac. I know there were Creator and Featured Creator thanks on my items when they were first uploaded, as I saw the first few, but can no longer see either those or whether there were any further ones since, which is a shame, as it's nice to know if fellow Creators and Featureds have liked your work. Do we need a higher resolution than 1280x1024 or 1280x800 in order to see all the tabs?
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#69 Old 4th Jul 2010 at 4:34 PM
When I view the tabs at 1024x768 I see 2 lines of tabs (with Members appear on the second line). Do you seen both lines, or just 1?

Also, which thread is this appearing on? I can check the backend and see if you are actually getting the right thanks from the server.

Mad Poster
#70 Old 4th Jul 2010 at 6:02 PM
When I view the tabs at 1024x768 I see 2 lines of tabs (with Members appear on the second line). Do you seen both lines, or just 1?

Also, which thread is this appearing on? I can check the backend and see if you are actually getting the right thanks from the server.

I only see one line, on all three computers I tested.

I checked my last 8 uploads and then looked at my very earliest two uploads, and they're all the same (Members tab only), so age of upload doesn't make a difference.

But, I found something interesting: I looked at my least-thanked upload, at 41 thanks, and that one shows a Creators tab and a Members tab! http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=373221 . I then looked at my second-least thanked upload, at 57 thanks, and that only shows the Members tab. At least two creators had thanked that one, according to the comments, so they should have shown up in the tabs. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=371833

So it looks like there's some sort of cut-off between 41 and 57 thanks??
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#71 Old 4th Jul 2010 at 7:36 PM
If there are less than 50 thanks on a download, then it will load all possible tabs at the same time. If there are more than 50, then it only loads all non-Member tabs, and the Member ones are then accessible via a second click.

Former Hamster
retired moderator
#72 Old 4th Jul 2010 at 7:50 PM
I'm still having the same problem as Esmeralda. My resolution is the same as hers and the only thread I see all the tabs is on my least thanked one. All the rest of them only have the members tab.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#73 Old 4th Jul 2010 at 8:02 PM
Okay I found a bug that occurs when you have nobody in your friends list - it basically only loads the Members tab in that case. I've fixed it and text it with your two threads Esmeralda, and they both seem to work ok.

Can you check and confirm?

Thanks for the detailed info - that helped me to fix it.

Mad Poster
#74 Old 4th Jul 2010 at 9:42 PM
Okay I found a bug that occurs when you have nobody in your friends list - it basically only loads the Members tab in that case. I've fixed it and text it with your two threads Esmeralda, and they both seem to work ok.

Can you check and confirm?

Thanks for the detailed info - that helped me to fix it.

Thank you! It works now - works perfectly even with my lowly old 1024x768 laptop. No, I've never had anyone in my Friends list, didn't even know there was a Friends list!

Thanks again!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#75 Old 4th Jul 2010 at 9:59 PM
Yup, theres been a friend list forever here, just it hasn't been promoted much. Try going to somebodies profile and you'll see the option to add them to your friends list.

Page 3 of 4