Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#401 Old 3rd Jan 2011 at 1:16 AM
really, really helpful.
Thanks!
Im doing a llama career, without university. Still doing chance cards on word, but im doing great.
Im looking forward to posting it on MTS2 in about 2 weeks.
Any situations ill be posting here. Thanks!

LLAMAS!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#402 Old 26th Jan 2011 at 3:26 PM
This is a bit off-topic...but I'd like to EDIT a career (like rename some jobs in a career), and I have no idea where to find the career object files! I have Bidou's Career Editor, but I have no idea what package files contain the careers.

I want to edit a couple of careers that came with Seasons. I've been hunting through the Seasons files.
Test Subject
#403 Old 3rd Feb 2011 at 6:30 PM
Damn! XD
I was a bit quick reading this tutorial through, so I thought I was going to need 100 chance cards, 10 for each level!
I´m at number four level 1 and it was killing me already, LOL, so thank heaven I decided to read this once more!

But I´m going to start over again, and then hopefully learn to upload my careers here
Test Subject
#404 Old 21st Apr 2011 at 3:14 PM
Yay! Now I know how to make Custom Careers. Thanks!
Test Subject
#405 Old 31st May 2011 at 3:56 AM
I'll assume the Level Description goes in the "String" box?
Test Subject
#406 Old 30th Jun 2011 at 7:02 AM
Thank you so much for this tutorial. I'm currently using it to make several custom careers that will be available here on MTS2. I'll link to this thread in the descriptions as well so that anyone who downloads will know how awesome you are!
Lab Assistant
#407 Old 3rd Jul 2011 at 3:15 AM
I swear I've searched all over creation for this, and I can't find the answer. I'm sorry if it's already been asked and answered a million times.

In Bidou's career editor, when entering money rewards for chance cards, does 1=1 or 1,000... or something else? In my own testing it seems to be inconsistent (one of my downloaded careers has a "reward" of -400 and took my Sim down to 0 from ~800,000, one has a reward of 5,000 that did indeed give 5,000). If 1 does equal 1,000, is it okay to use decimals to give rewards less than $1,000?

Thank you so much, anyone who replies.
Scholar
#408 Old 5th Jul 2011 at 9:12 PM
Neat tutorial, I was recently creating a career, followed the instructions, and was successful in making the texts appears in-game. Encountered the issue of only 9 out of 10 chance card slots occuring, but Bidou's Career Editor did the job of fixing that.

My question is about the chance cards, and I haven't found the answer to it yet.

How can I edit the probability of a result to appear after the chance card is displayed?

For example, first we have the scenario, it asks which two of the results to choose, or ignore. Say I choose Chance A. There's a good or bad result that occurs. How do I edit Chance A so that good or bad results appear 50% of the time for either? Or 40% probabiliy of good result occuring, 60% probability of bad result occuring? Etc.?
Lab Assistant
#409 Old 22nd Aug 2011 at 5:45 PM
How I can change the outfit of the law career, included in hobbies, at level 9?
Without having to create a personalized career.
Lab Assistant
#410 Old 1st Sep 2011 at 11:30 PM
what would you do for the chance card edit level if the sims were to be promoted?
Test Subject
#411 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 8:41 PM
Well, I think it turned out good for my first mod ever. This was really helpful, though, now my brain hurts.
Test Subject
#412 Old 10th Sep 2011 at 7:38 AM
Can you start with file ? or the begin of the turtorial is in first text
Test Subject
#413 Old 3rd Dec 2011 at 10:32 PM
Default thanks
thank you thank you thank you after reading this i started doing making careers i am so thankful i will give credit to you in every request i do thanks ~austin~
Test Subject
#414 Old 8th Jan 2012 at 9:03 PM
I may seem like a bit of a dork here, but I hope someone will help me. I'll be short: I downloaded the newest version of simPE, but I've never used it before (I downloaded it for this purpose only). I downloaded Emma's template, and I unpacked it with winRAR. I went into simPE, chose "file" and then "open", and I chose the template. When I do that I get a series of pop-ups, saying that the type of file caused an error. The whole SimPE window is empty, except for the menus of course. The template is a DBPF package file, by the way. I hope someone can help me. Please send your answer in a PM, or send me a PM with a notification about your answer if it's in the forum, I never check back to forums for answers, so please, send me a PM.

I have another question too; The template, is that for an English career? I would like to make my job available for downloading, but do I need to translate it to all languages, or does it do that by it self? Do I have to write the chance cards in English? If I do, will it be available only in English? Again, please send me a PM, I do not check back to forums.

Thanks in advance
Test Subject
#415 Old 23rd Sep 2012 at 1:18 AM
Well written and very helpful; Thank you!
Test Subject
#416 Old 12th Oct 2012 at 4:08 PM
Default Sort need some help!
First of all thanks for this tutorial but somethings, I think, aren't explained very well. I am a total complete beginner to this and that is why I am probably a bit slow. I will list the things I don't really get. (Please PLEAASE! Look over these!)

Qoute 1
"male 1 title
male 1 description
male 2 title
male 2 description … through to ten and then the same with female!"

If I was making a Doctor career would I write:
male 1 Nurse
Male 1 you are now a nurse! well down etc, etc, etc.
male 2 Best Nurse
male 2 well done you are so fantastic at being a nurse etc, etc, etc

(I am normally write better than this but I'm just trying to be quick!)

and so on and so on then write ones for females?

Quote 2

Start with all the chance A good results and work your way down the list, this can get confusing so I’ll go through it with you for the first one

If on your list level 5 chance card option A good was a bonus of $50 then type 50 in 0x1 dec box and then if level 4 chance card option A good was a bonus of $500 then type 500 into 0x5 dec box and so on

Do this for all the chance card A good files (remembering that skill points are in multiples of 100) and then move on to chance card A bad files. This is exactly the same but remember to put a minus symbol ( - ) in front of the number.

I slightly understand this better than the first, but what if I wanted to add a skill point or a job level or minus a skill point or job level? How do I this?

Sorry if I sound a bit snobby and ungrateful. I am truly thankful for this tutorial and would be so happy if you could help me. I just have one last request, would it be possible you could create a video how this is done?

Thanks again, Matt
Test Subject
#417 Old 25th Nov 2012 at 7:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MatthewIDI
First of all thanks for this tutorial but somethings, I think, aren't explained very well. I am a total complete beginner to this and that is why I am probably a bit slow. I will list the things I don't really get. (Please PLEAASE! Look over these!)

Qoute 1
"male 1 title
male 1 description
male 2 title
male 2 description … through to ten and then the same with female!"

If I was making a Doctor career would I write:
male 1 Nurse
Male 1 you are now a nurse! well down etc, etc, etc.
male 2 Best Nurse
male 2 well done you are so fantastic at being a nurse etc, etc, etc

(I am normally write better than this but I'm just trying to be quick!)

and so on and so on then write ones for females?

Quote 2

Start with all the chance A good results and work your way down the list, this can get confusing so I’ll go through it with you for the first one

If on your list level 5 chance card option A good was a bonus of $50 then type 50 in 0x1 dec box and then if level 4 chance card option A good was a bonus of $500 then type 500 into 0x5 dec box and so on

Do this for all the chance card A good files (remembering that skill points are in multiples of 100) and then move on to chance card A bad files. This is exactly the same but remember to put a minus symbol ( - ) in front of the number.

I slightly understand this better than the first, but what if I wanted to add a skill point or a job level or minus a skill point or job level? How do I this?

Sorry if I sound a bit snobby and ungrateful. I am truly thankful for this tutorial and would be so happy if you could help me. I just have one last request, would it be possible you could create a video how this is done?

Thanks again, Matt

If you download the latest SimPE, it comes with Bidou's Career Editor (found under the Tools menu). It has a GUI that makes editing the career much easier.

But in case you can't use that, re. part 1 yes, you enter all the male titles and descriptions for levels 1-10 then all the female ones. Re. part 2, to set the chance card results, find the Behavior Constants called "Tuning - Chance - A - Good - [Money/Job Level/etc.]" You'll see lines 1-10 where you enter the value (remember each skill level = 100) So for example, if the good outcome if the user chooses option B for the level 5 chance card is gain 2 body skill points, you'd click on Tuning - Chance - B - Good - Body and go to line 0x5 (5) and for the Value, enter 100 in the Dec box (or 0x0064 in the hex box, which equals 100). And then you enter all the bad results too. Each combination of A/B, Good/Bad, and skill/money/job level has its own instance in which you enter the results for all 10 career levels.

I hope that helps!
Test Subject
#418 Old 1st Feb 2013 at 12:50 AM
it won't work for me what should i do help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Test Subject
#419 Old 14th Jun 2013 at 6:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emma_Barrett
yeah it is a package file you need to open it from within SimPE (file,open)
it's the package file which will become your career as you work through it.
if its not opening with SimPE maybe it corrupted when you downloaded it? try re-downloading!

I CANT FIND THE CAREER TEMPLATE!!!!!!!!
Test Subject
#420 Old 14th Aug 2013 at 10:19 PM
Nothing opens up when I click on the text list thing. So...... Whats up with that guise?
Test Subject
#421 Old 14th Oct 2013 at 10:14 AM
I do not understand this at ALL because SimPE looks VERY different to me. Why can't I just edit the text comfortably in the first window that opens? (as in the one that shows the text and the earnings and so on) It would be WAY easier. Sorry if this was asked already but I don't have any time nor motivation to read through 420 pages. My problem is mostly that I can't find any German carrers otherwise I wouldn't attempt to make own carrers because the English ones do not work in my Sims
Site Helper
#422 Old 15th Oct 2013 at 7:00 PM
If you're trying to create brand new custom careers, then they need to be new objects with unique GUIDs. However, if you just want to change the German text on existing careers, that should be a much simpler operation. In that case, I would expect that you could open the existing careers, find the text, and add the German translation.
Test Subject
#423 Old 18th Dec 2022 at 8:10 PM Last edited by Sim1419 : 18th Dec 2022 at 9:50 PM.
So here I find myself, 9 years and 2 months behind the last poster, in an attempt to add custom outfits to my sims 2 career, reading this and thinking im in way over my head...
So; I got a career with 10 levels of chance cards, wages and working hours, promotion info, required skills, etc. Thats how far I got using bidou's career editor for my Outlaw Biker career path.

But here the fact that I am in fact an outlaw biker - with some reasonable computer knowledge - and not so much of a modder of any kind, catches up with me.

I created 4 custom outfits for adult male and one for teens, that I recently uploaded but are still in moderation right now,
then I have 1 custom outfit for females.

I want these outfits added to the career and would love for someone to reach out and give me some pointers or help finish adding the outfits to the career (for due credit ofcourse).
I think people would enjoy seeing their sims rank up in the MC and earning their patches all the way up to the top.
Reflecting official ranks, my official "working hours" and realistic chance cards that may or may not represent real life scenarios I have witnessed. So I'm hoping someone reaches out to help me finish it up so your Sims can have a realistic taste of what the MC life is all about and feel the satisfaction that comes with earning your patches. See attached image for a preview, since the upload is still under moderation. Hope someone can help, feel free to PM me. thanks in advance!
Page 17 of 17