Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Drinks For Your Sims - updated for patch 1.63/1.67

by ani_ Posted 19th Apr 2010 at 8:15 PM - Updated 8th Nov 2014 at 8:12 AM by ani_

338 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 270 Feedback Posts, 67 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 7 of 14
Test Subject
#151 Old 9th Jul 2011 at 4:24 AM
Cool! I haven't had time to test this yet but I'm excited for when I have time to tomorrow! If you are ever going to make new versions, here's something I think you should try but I don't know if it's possible or not... I saw a mod somewhere that let sims have more traits than the standard max so I thought maybe it would be possible to have drinking more than one drink at a time add a random new trait to your sim so they would act a bit differently when they were drunk because it would make it very interesting that way! lol Like if they already had the drunk moodlet but they kept drinking, a speech bubble would come up like "_____ is so drunk that they are starting to act a bit _____." And they would temporarily be given a random trait like flirty, friendly, charismatic, party animal, daredevil, easily impressed, excitable, over emotional, slob, clumsy, even mean spirited, etc. If you could do that it would be really awesome cuz you'd actually get more interactions available and if they got the traits like charismatic/flirty it would make romance more easy as well and they might be able to act out of character temporarily. Idk if you could do it though cuz oyu'd have to be able to take away the trait once the sugar rush wore off.

Also, I think the actions done to yourself shouldn't be able to be cancelled because there really isn't any reason since they wont have any permanent affect like some of the social ones could (ie fight w/ spouse or somehting) plus if oyur sim is going to puke or something it kind of defeats the purpose if you can stop it.

also it would be cool if at random times while they're still drunk a new random random action would appear instead of just one at the beggining but not so frequently that it would be annoying... just like one or two extra times to make it more intersting...

sorry if this isnt even possible or anyhting lol i'd try myself but i really dont know what i'm doing...
Lab Assistant
#152 Old 24th Jul 2011 at 2:04 AM
I love this mod, finally base game bars are useful.
I have one question though, is it possible to make it so sims get drunk after a few drinks.
My sim had one drink and she's already hungover, apparently all my hood is walking around drunk.

"It's not true that life is one damn thing after another; it is one damn thing over and over"
Test Subject
#153 Old 12th Sep 2011 at 7:35 AM
Default Help
Hi I'm new here.

I've downloaded the mod and installed it fine, when I load up the game it says 'mod found' or something like that, so It's all working fine. Only when get a Sim to pour a drink at the bar in my Sim's house, there's no 'Get Drunk' option. Help?

I only have The Sims 3 installed, I also have World Adventures but haven't installed that yet.

Thanks in advance,

~DV
Field Researcher
#154 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 9:23 PM Last edited by JT` : 9th Nov 2011 at 10:28 AM.
Would it be possible to disable the interaction popups? Those seem like debug messages and I say the mystery is more enjoyable: when you see people suddenly doing silly things after getting drunk instead of simply following a script, the results are a little more fascinating. (edit: It occurs to me that "interaction popups" isn't nearly clear enough. I mean the alerts/messages that say such things as "Alpha Sim"/"Brawl"/"Bravo Sim".)

I agree with Vicky above; having some sort of threshold needed to get drunk would be great, instead of your first drink rendering you inoperable for hours.

It could probably be accomplished by three stages of custom moodlets -- "buzzed", "tipsy", and then "drunk" -- at which point hangover penalties apply. Additional features could even be worked in so that Cowards would never autonomously drink after hitting "tipsy", whereas Daredevils would have a huge Fun/Social incentive to get drunk right away.

I love the mod in general!

Also, a slight inconsistency: with Buzzler's Mood Fix Harder Mood Tuning just two drinks made my sim Furious even when the drinks were still in effect before the hangover. This is an understandable side effect of using Buzzler's mod (which divides the benefit of positive effects and multiplies the penalty of negative effects), but nevertheless would it be possible to tune down the duration and intensity of the effects? Buzzler's mod (which I've since downgraded from "Painful" to "Mild" for sake of this mod) is pretty much mandatory for me since it's too easy to have Elated sims in the vanilla game.
Test Subject
#155 Old 11th Nov 2011 at 7:12 PM
Do you NEED World Adventures for this? I have all EP's except that one...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#156 Old 18th Nov 2011 at 3:47 AM
JT`: I like your suggestions about the three stages, I've never done custome moodlets before, so I'll have to investigate and see what I can come up with. I also was suppose to remove the notification messages, and make it optional to see them or not. But due to lack of time, I ended up just updating and forgot about that.

LimpyDuckSims: You shouldn't need it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#157 Old 13th Dec 2011 at 4:08 PM
I'm using pets version in Brazilian language and i can't see the option for get drunk

I can only see the pop ups
Test Subject
#158 Old 9th Jan 2012 at 9:12 PM
Help, I've got the same problem as above. I'm playing in spanish and there is no Get Drunk interaction. However, if my sim drinks, instantly they will become drunk, but I don't want them to be drunk everytime!!
Test Subject
#159 Old 10th Jan 2012 at 2:36 PM
Also, here's the translation for the Spanish (ES) strings:

Sing: Cantar
Pass Out: Desmayarse
Get Drunk: Emborracharse
Pee self: Mearse encima/Hacerse pis (difference between one and the other, is that the former is more vulgar than the latter)
Wear any outfit: Ponerse cualquier atuendo
Get naked: Desnudarse
Bad buzz: Chispita maliciosa
Cry: Llorar
Drunk Hysteria: Borrachera histérica
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#160 Old 24th Jan 2012 at 8:01 PM
Thank you so much for creating these awesome mods *_* Makes the game way more interesting and fun. Can't wait to test this one out. Nää sun modit tuleekin tarpeeseen. Kiitos paljon.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#161 Old 26th Jan 2012 at 9:33 AM
So... do we play this with Pets/Gen/LN or only if you don't have LN? I'm confused, sorry.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#162 Old 29th Jan 2012 at 12:16 AM
lol this is y u are one of mi fave creators this is awsome im gonna go crazy with this
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#163 Old 31st Jan 2012 at 6:11 PM
GoEmmanuel: Thank you for the translation, but I no longer translate my mod, it's impossible to keep up with changes and such. But I will always have the STBL files in the mod so you can translate it to your own game freely.

Thank you guys for the nice comments

victorsena13: There is no longer a get drunk interaction. That was a very old version. I cleaned up the text, so there shouldn't' be any confusion any more.

Ravynlee: You need WA and LN, other than that just make sure your game is updated.

OPG kiva että näistä modeista on sulle iloa
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#164 Old 31st Jan 2012 at 8:59 PM
Hmmm, when I try to click on the V2, I get a message saying: No input file specified.

BTW, I use I lot of your mods. Thank you for every single one of them!

Edit: Of course, now that I've post about it, it worked. Meh!
Thank you!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#165 Old 31st Jan 2012 at 9:18 PM
Now this is a MOD....How wonderful, I love the new touches you've done to it, I'm downloading now, and I'm going to see how it works...Thanks
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#166 Old 2nd Feb 2012 at 1:26 AM
Thank you Ani. Will test in game now
Scholar
THANKS POST
#167 Old 2nd Feb 2012 at 4:51 PM
Been waiting for this new version, thank you for sharing it!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#168 Old 5th Feb 2012 at 10:07 PM
I really like this mod, however everytime a sim drinks, they immediately get the nauseous moodlet. From my understanding after reading the overview, the sims has to drink more than once in order to get this moodlet, right? If I have misunderstood this please let me know.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#169 Old 6th Feb 2012 at 6:43 PM Last edited by ani_ : 7th Feb 2012 at 10:35 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Simsdestroyer
I really like this mod, however everytime a sim drinks, they immediately get the nauseous moodlet. From my understanding after reading the overview, the sims has to drink more than once in order to get this moodlet, right? If I have misunderstood this please let me know.

Yes, they should have three drinks, and when the third drink's time is run out, they get the nauseasu moodlet. Can you please try without other mods, maybe something is not compatible.

Silly me, you probably downloaded the old version, not the new one. Please re-download and try again.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#170 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 5:53 PM
This is so, so awesome. Thank your for all your hard work on this mod!

I'm having the same problem as Simsdestroyer with the Pets version: my Sim got nauseous for 24 hours after his first sip of a drink! I will try downloading the other version.

Also, is there an option to disable popups? The popups come up whenever any Sim in town has a drink.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#171 Old 23rd Feb 2012 at 6:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by piratekimchi
This is so, so awesome. Thank your for all your hard work on this mod!

I'm having the same problem as Simsdestroyer with the Pets version: my Sim got nauseous for 24 hours after his first sip of a drink! I will try downloading the other version.

Also, is there an option to disable popups? The popups come up whenever any Sim in town has a drink.

If you get pop-ups and the hang-over moodlet every time, then you downloaded the old version, not ani_GetDrunk_V2.zip.

Pop-ups are by default now set to false, and the hang-over comes after the third drink.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#172 Old 1st Mar 2012 at 12:38 AM
Okay I love this mod, is it compatible with buzzler's moar interactions, because if so, it's going to be some lovely chaos in my game. I just downloaded your working bed mod too. So yeah Sims 3 just got more real.....You guys are so freaking necessary, thanks so very much.....
Lab Assistant
#173 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 10:07 AM
Just trying ascertain if this is a case of the mod needing an update or user error (probably the more likely scenario), but has anyone got this working with patch 1.31? The random interaction and buffs don't work for me after patching.
Scholar
#174 Old 5th Mar 2012 at 12:27 AM
@Simsdestroyer, I have this with buzz's moar interactions and it works great! Won't patch up til tomorrow. For now I'm just enjoying the game as is and watching people drinking one drink after another. It's hilarious to watch, some sims stumble at 'tipsy', some sims get more chatty, one sim peed herself at 'very drunk'. And you can tell who is prone to be an alcoholic as some sims drink more than others, either at home all by themselves or in a bar or pub! I'll report back when I've patched.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#175 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 2:28 PM
Excellent! Ani has updated this great mod for 1.32! Thank you so much.
Page 7 of 14