Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#8526 Old 14th Jul 2014 at 2:12 PM
Children can be Supernatural Fans but not Supernatural Skeptics.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#8527 Old 14th Jul 2014 at 2:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AsaButler
Rations fill hunger more, also.

Rations? You mean morsels and dried food from WA? I wouldn't be surprised though, since these are all unique kinds of food.

Quote: Originally posted by AsaButler
Children can be Supernatural Fans but not Supernatural Skeptics.

Yes. It's pretty silly. I guess EA thought all children can be imaginative but cannot be skeptical enough not to believe in magic and stuff.

Just call me Nikel
Lab Assistant
#8528 Old 14th Jul 2014 at 6:09 PM
When teen sims are dating and one of them grows up, they're still considered a couple, but they don't have any romance options available. If the second teen grows up, they can continue the relationship from where it left off as normal...not sure if this is a glitch or not

Also, when two sims are dating and their parents are also dating each other, they can have a relationship. But if their parents get married and they become step-brothers/sisters, they don't have any romance options available. Tis strange - it's like the game treats them like family even though they aren't related by blood.

And for both this instances, you always have the option to "break up." I never tried it,.
Field Researcher
#8529 Old 14th Jul 2014 at 6:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CrystalBits
When teen sims are dating and one of them grows up, they're still considered a couple, but they don't have any romance options available. If the second teen grows up, they can continue the relationship from where it left off as normal...not sure if this is a glitch or not

Also, when two sims are dating and their parents are also dating each other, they can have a relationship. But if their parents get married and they become step-brothers/sisters, they don't have any romance options available. Tis strange - it's like the game treats them like family even though they aren't related by blood.

And for both this instances, you always have the option to "break up." I never tried it,.

What if it's the other way around? What happens if the children get married while the parents are dating?
Top Secret Researcher
#8530 Old 14th Jul 2014 at 8:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CrystalBits
When teen sims are dating and one of them grows up... they don't have any romance options available...not sure if this is a glitch or not

It is the game's representation of a real-life glitch.
Instructor
#8531 Old 14th Jul 2014 at 9:07 PM
My proper sim rolled a wish to give their enemy "what for", and I also discovered there was a "slap with glove" interaction. I thought that was strangely adorable.
Lab Assistant
#8532 Old 14th Jul 2014 at 9:07 PM
Sims can not only freeze, but the mode with which another sim thaws them out is by using a hair dryer.

A hair dryer, EA? Seriously?
Screenshots
Scholar
#8533 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 4:59 PM
you sim has just feed the baby...baby food in the high chair....another sim comes along and trys to feed the baby
more food when its full....baby will push the bowl onto the floor making a mess of the high chair...
dodgy builder
#8534 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 7:26 PM
I'm testing farming because I'm building a farm, and Aina Wulff just ran off with the tractor!
Mad Poster
#8535 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 7:49 PM
I just learned that children can get the fatigued moodlet. I moved Olive Specter and Nervous Subject to Sunset Valley to a house with a pool. Both Olive and Nervous will not stay away from the pool and child Nervous swims until he gets the fatigued moodlet.
Instructor
#8536 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 9:49 PM
Sims do spoon

Mad Poster
#8537 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 11:57 PM
If your sim has twins or triplets, they can all get imaginary friend dolls. Marsha Bruenig tried for a baby with her hubby... and ended up having a litter. Quite appropriate though, since my version of her is a werewolf. It was a good thing I aged up her first kid a couple days early. Let's just say I took a couple measures to make conception far more likely, and got more than I bargained for. I figured it would be wise to have her firstborn be capable of feeding herself before the 'big day'.
Field Researcher
#8538 Old 16th Jul 2014 at 12:07 AM
Unlike in TS2, it don't matter what the toddler's bladder bar is, you can potty train them as long as they are in a good mood. You can potty train them twice, empty it, potty train twice, empty and potty train once more all at once. Once you do that, the toddler's potty trained all in one session in under two hours.
Scholar
#8539 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 4:30 PM
So, my current Sim couple is gonna have its first baby soon. She announced the pregnancy to her fiancé and later, I told him to play the piano and he's playing Rock-A-Bye Baby. Not sure if announcing the pregnancy triggers this song as a flag or if it's random, but I think it's a cute little thing.

C-A
Field Researcher
#8540 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 6:04 PM
I didn't know you could ask a Sim who is already in the shower to woohoo with you. Usually I would click on the shower and select the two Sims and they'd go in together. But while playing the University world, my Sim got a dare at a party to woohoo with a Sim. I was looking for a spot where this could be performed, found a shower but another Sim was already in it, busy taking a shower. I accidently clicked it and the option to woohoo just came up so I went with it. My Sim went upstairs into the bathroom... Mind you, these Sims don't even know each other, never spoken. Regardless he entered without being shooed out. And the animation for asking cracked me up. It was kinda cute and funny. He wiggled a little, made suggestive hand movements and I suppose she agreed cause he stepped in and they were at it. Lol. I've been playing this game for so many years and I didn't know that...
Field Researcher
#8542 Old 18th Jul 2014 at 8:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kaiko Espurr Mikkusu
Then the parents would still be able to date.

Or at least i guess so, i might try it. (but in another savefile than my one with Agnes trying to resurrect Erik, of course.)

EDIT: Yup, my newest family is a "Papa" and a "Mama" who are married to each other, but Papa's son and Mama's daughter are also married to each other. So it's possible to do that. Also, i think both Mama and her daughter are pregnant. They're even called the "flirty stepsiblings household"!

Also I discovered that although a Simbot you build is listed as being your sims child they can still date them. So Alley's father is dating Alley's half-sister. And not her half sister on her alien mom's side.
Inventor
#8543 Old 18th Jul 2014 at 12:01 PM
That I should get a life before it's to late.

Quote:
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.

- poof gone -
Space Pony
#8544 Old 18th Jul 2014 at 12:13 PM
I discoverd that zombies use laptops
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#8546 Old 19th Jul 2014 at 1:04 AM
That a single midas touch potion can rapidly take your sims from less than $100,000 to millionaires.
Scholar
#8547 Old 19th Jul 2014 at 1:22 AM
Sims teleport to get in/out of the Carrousel. It's just so... God.
Mad Poster
#8548 Old 19th Jul 2014 at 5:01 AM
Ghosts of Sims with the Cowardly trait will faint upon seeing another ghost. I saw this when I decided to zoom in on the local graveyard while my Sims were sleeping.

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Scholar
#8549 Old 19th Jul 2014 at 9:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AlexandraSpears
Ghosts of Sims with the Cowardly trait will faint upon seeing another ghost. I saw this when I decided to zoom in on the local graveyard while my Sims were sleeping.

Just as well. I had a Cowardly playable ghost, but he got wiped because of house moving goofs before his wife died. Looks like he would have had a miserable eternity in the world of the living Sims.

Unselectable Supernatural Types (from forcing one of these into CAS with MasterController): Mummies and Imaginary Friends have icons in the "Supernatural Type", while SimBots and PlantSims don't. Mermaids show nothing at all. Thirst ghosts do not have a death type selected.

1/8/2016: New avatar! Pre-censored for EA's approval.
3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
Field Researcher
#8550 Old 19th Jul 2014 at 10:56 PM
Apparently repairing objects, making beds and cleaning objects at another sims house will get the owners telling you "Hey, how dare you clean my house! Stop behaving inappropriately or get out!"
I don't know about you but if someone comes over and cleans my house and unclogs the toilet, I'd be pretty grateful. Perhaps I'm just strange like that.
Page 342 of 490