Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jun 2012 at 12:22 AM
Default Looking for a lot-creating "partnership"
The thing is, I love making shops. I've built many shops for my sims to make it more realistic. For example I've built pet shops (selling beds, bowls, aquariums, etc), furniture shops (more IKEA-style, selling all sorts of things you need for your house) and the last one that is my favorite, a baby boom that sells everything you need for your kids.

I love making the interior, what to sell and where to place, filling shelves, finding the items. But, I've always been really uninterested in architecture and the outsides of lots. My residential lots I do put some effort in to, but I have no idea how to make a shop look interesting (nor am I too interested in it). For my taste, my shops are fine, but they'd never be accepted here on MTS. I love to share my work, as I'm sure more people than me like having their sims going to the store and buying a couch rather than it magically appearing in their house.

I spend hours upon hours on perfecting my shops, but as I'm sure many of you know, lots on MTS are far more about outside than inside, which means I'm basically screwed.

So, I thought... why not look for someone who loves to design outsides, but hates to decorate? Either I could detail more or less how much space I need and how it needs to be distributed, and the person can build the lot as they please first, or I build the shop with my boxy shapes, and they work their magic afterwords. Who uploads what I suppose either take turns, or the other person does always. Priority isn't to get thanks or download count, I just want to share what I've made.

Anyone who would be interested? Send me a pm, and we can talk about it =)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2 Old 11th Mar 2013 at 2:55 PM
I'm going to revive this topic. I never quite got around to this due to not being able to run Any-Game Starter. It didn't feel like much of a point making lots that only a section of the Sim community could use, and installing only specific games on my laptop for each build was complicated and ended up far down on the priority list when life butted in and demanded attention.

But, I have been able to replace the games I had that were incompatible with AGS, and can now use it. Therefore, I'd love to get on with this project of mine and I am hoping there is someone out there that is interested =)
Test Subject
#3 Old 27th May 2013 at 12:51 AM
Default Building Exterior/Interior design.
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
I'm going to revive this topic. I never quite got around to this due to not being able to run Any-Game Starter. It didn't feel like much of a point making lots that only a section of the Sim community could use, and installing only specific games on my laptop for each build was complicated and ended up far down on the priority list when life butted in and demanded attention.

But, I have been able to replace the games I had that were incompatible with AGS, and can now use it. Therefore, I'd love to get on with this project of mine and I am hoping there is someone out there that is interested =)

Hey there, i was looking for messages and found this very interesting, if you still want some help on the outside of your lots please let me know.
I think i can help you, i like to design houses mainly, you will not find any of my works in here or another place because i don't share too much, but you can test what can i do and perhaps we could do something great.
I can work in both modern or classic designs.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 30th May 2013 at 4:15 AM
I appreciate the offer, and I'll keep it in mind, but I'm afraid I already started working with another person here on MTS
Test Subject
#5 Old 31st May 2013 at 4:41 AM
Pretty good, have fun and show us what you both do.
Locked thread