Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 10:43 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Late Night
Default Help please? No play button for game.
I'm in need yet again -_-' of some help. I've noticed this problem for awhile so the past 2-3 days I've been looking in the troubleshooting and past posts that has anything to do with problems about the game. I've tried my best to wrap my head around it and just can't figure out the problem, so here it is hopefully someone can help. =)

I have the Sims3 bundle pack with high end loft stuff and Late night. I have installed all 3 to my computer. I read in the paperwork that came with the game that I can install the game and no longer have to use the disk, but it won't play without it. <_<
I also have problems to where I will load and run the disk then go to the launcher and where I should be able to click the game and push play the play button is a dulled color and cannot be clicked. I keep messing with it (pulling out the disk and closing again.. clicking run again ect..) and after 2-3 hours of this not working it will suddenly let me click play again and everything is working fine I go into the game and no problems at all. So if anyone has any idea why it would be doing this please let me know. Its very annoying. -_-'
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 11:50 AM
I suggest starting the game from the TS3W.exe file instead of the Launcher file, in other words bypassing the Launcher, as it is called.

To try this, use Windows Explorer or My Computer (or whatever) and go to your Sims 3 base game installation, which might be Program Files\ Electronic Arts\ The Sims 3 (not the place in My Documents). In The Sims 3 folder is a folder called Game and in that folder in a folder called Bin. In this Bin folder are around 25 files. Double-click the TS3W file which is an application file.

Presuming the game starts up fine; when you're done playing, make a shortcut to this file by right-clicking on it, and move this shortcut file to the desktop.

Afterwards just use the Launcher for installing new stuff, and start the game in this new fashion.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/