Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Oct 2014 at 6:11 PM
Default CC without labels
Is there any tool to find out what CC you used on your Sim? For example, this is what my make-up section looks like:

As you can see, there's quite a few options that have no label or anything to figure out which CC it is exactly. But if I want to put a Sim up for download, I have to be able to link people back to the CC.
Is there any good way to figure out what is what, when the CC pieces have no labels? How do you guys do that?

(I hope my question is clear -it's a little hard to explain- and that I posted it in the right place.)
Advertisement
One Minute Ninja'd
#2 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 12:10 AM
The little blue folders mean those are package files. The more "official" looking Sims badge thingy (not in your photo) would mean a sim3pack. As to knowing which one it is? You can swap things in and out until you know which item is in use.

Although in your photo, there are some useful hints, such as one lipstick you have is an S-Club lipstick, so if you have only one S-Club lipstick in your packages folder, well, there you are. If you have several, I guess you could go back to the site and try to look at which one matches the one you chose to use, or at least limit yourself to swapping around just the S-Club lipsticks until you were sure. Otherwise, it's kind of a bitch to figure out, which is why folks who post stuff that will be offered for download start out with a very limited selection to work from, knowing they will be able to properly attribute content back to the creator.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 2:16 PM
Thank you for your reply!
Yeah, I know the difference between the sims3pack and package - that's why I usually go for packages, so I can sort them more easily. The lipsticks from S-Club etc. are easy to find, because of the little customized labels. That's why I wondered how people find out what those others are, and I secretly hoped there would be another method then getting everything in and out until one finds the right one. But I guess I'll just have to be patient then haha.