Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 9:49 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default HELP Merging PACKS ON MAC- DELPHY'S NOT WORKING FOR ME??????
Hey guys I'm honestly not at all sure where to post this but I am seriously frustrated after trying and failing every day for a week in merging my packages. I've read every tumblr tutorial, mod tutorial, and creator tutorial I can find and nothing is helping me out. I have a macbook pro 2011 and I have mono and quartz/x11 and everything is fine; but Delphy's pack extractor for some reason only is extracting 5 out of 50 something in any given folder i've set up. It's incredibly irritating to have to keep organizing and then not seeing any results. I've tried to find other pack extractors to no avail. Sim3PE is working from what I can tell; but I did have to download a previous version in order for it to run. Is there some obvious step i'm missing?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 10:35 PM
Can you clarify a bit more? Are you having trouble merging all of your packages or are you having trouble turning sims3packs into packages with Delphy's Multi-Extractor? What exactly are you trying to do?

''After all this time?''
''Always'' said Snape.

''Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and above all, those who live, without love.''
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 1:15 AM
Sorry I'm guessing that was confusing yes I'm having trouble extracting the packages from sims3packs with delphy's tool.

Quote: Originally posted by kissmeurniall
Can you clarify a bit more? Are you having trouble merging all of your packages or are you having trouble turning sims3packs into packages with Delphy's Multi-Extractor? What exactly are you trying to do?
Test Subject
#4 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 4:02 AM
Hmm, I think that has happened to me a few times with Delphy's tool. It has acted a little wonky on me at times. One of the reasons this happens is because if a sims3pack is too large, it will take the tool a little while to figure out what to do with it. This is what I did:

1.) Create a completely seperate folder and label it Sims3Packs (or whichever name you prefer) and place it on your Desktop. Place all of your sims3packs into this folder
2.) Depending on how many sims3packs you are trying to install, create another folder on your desktop and label it Batch 1
3.) Take no more than 30 package files from the Sims3Packs folder and drop them into Batch 1. If you have more than 30 sims3packs, create another folder and label it Batch 2, Batch 3, etc... I don't have a mac, but I'm pretty sure it'll tell you how many packages you have selected (to save you from all the counting )
4. (OPTIONAL): Create one more folder (sorry it is a lot, but for me, the outcome was perfect) and label it 'Done' without the quotations
5.) Now open Delphy's Multi-Extractor and direct the tool to open Batch 1. Then, where it says "select the destination folder to extract to" please direct it to the folder labeled "done" or directly into your your Mods>Packages folder
6.) Repeat step 5 until you have completed extracting all of your sims3packs into packages.
7.) Once you have no more stuff to extract, keep your Sims3Packs in a safe place as a backup (things happen )

If you are still unsure about something, please tell me and I will try to specify more clearly.

''After all this time?''
''Always'' said Snape.

''Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and above all, those who live, without love.''