Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th May 2014 at 9:37 PM
Default Adding Morphs to Hair in Mesh Toolkit, please?
Hello again!
I am trying to figure out the Auto-create Morph Mesh tab for GEOM.
In it there are TWO sections for reference meshes; do I use the same reference mesh for both?
Also, when I import the GEOM file I'm using as a reference, it says the base mesh has no vertex IDs and cannot be morphed. What am I doing wrong, please?
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 29th May 2014 at 7:53 AM
"Reference base mesh" is the base mesh of your reference.
"Reference morph" is either the morph mesh or the BGEO of your reference.

Base meshes are a full mesh with the positions, normals, UV mapping, bones, vertex IDs, etc. for each vertex. Morph meshes are used only for morphing and contain only the vertex IDs with the changes in position and normals for that morph. Morph meshes have names with "_fat", "_thin", etc. BGEOs are a compressed form of the morph information and also have names with "_fat" etc., and a filetype of .bgeo or .blendgeom.

If it says the reference you're using has no vertex IDs, you're probably not using the right reference. What mesh are you using as reference? Is it a hair mesh of about the same hair length?

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th May 2014 at 10:55 AM Last edited by murfee : 29th May 2014 at 7:49 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
"Reference base mesh" is the base mesh of your reference.
"Reference morph" is either the morph mesh or the BGEO of your reference.

Base meshes are a full mesh with the positions, normals, UV mapping, bones, vertex IDs, etc. for each vertex. Morph meshes are used only for morphing and contain only the vertex IDs with the changes in position and normals for that morph. Morph meshes have names with "_fat", "_thin", etc. BGEOs are a compressed form of the morph information and also have names with "_fat" etc., and a filetype of .bgeo or .blendgeom.

Okay, no files I am using are Bgeo anything, so obviously I missed a pretty big step. Crap.

Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
If it says the reference you're using has no vertex IDs, you're probably not using the right reference. What mesh are you using as reference? Is it a hair mesh of about the same hair length?

Yes, I am using a hair by Coolsims as a reference, since it's got an excessive amount of ponytail, which I needed. http://mysims3blog.blogspot.com/201...guays-hair.html

I imported it into TSRW, exported the whole thing out as a .wso, opened up the Project Contents, exported the whole thing out as a package file, and then used S3PE to extract one of the lod0 simgeom files--It had 2 groups in TSRW, so I exported the group with the higher number of joints & polys; I think the first group had fewer. And that's what I used as a reference, for the bones.

(I used Daboobs, btw)

[EDIT] I'll start poking around in S3PE to see if I can find all the right bgeo stuff; I think I saw something like that.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 29th May 2014 at 7:56 PM
Okay, I see something! Does the BBLN mean Bgeo-Blend, by any chance?

Gonna try it!
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#5 Old 30th May 2014 at 1:55 AM
You should be using the ones tagged BGEO for the morphs. BBLN means bodyblend, I think, and they're part of the chain that links from the CASP to the BGEO. Are you still getting the error message?

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 30th May 2014 at 3:23 PM
Yeah, but I don't think I exported them the right way in the first place--I ended up with BlendGeom files and BodyBlend files, not simgeom files, pfft.