Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd May 2015 at 8:00 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Sims crashing cuz of MODS? (I guess)
Hello simmers! Soo, I'm having this problem. Once I installed my packages, my sims 3 isn't opening. I have thought it was because I had installed sp-s yet, if I move my mods past to my desktop, sims would open normally. I have already unistalled my packages and download it again, same for mods/resource.cfg
It happens that when I click on play on Launcher it goes to a full black screen and +- 15s later it crashes and says "The sims has stopped working".
any ideas how to fix these? I mean, I don't wanna play without mods. Thanks, appreciate your help! (If there any mistakes pardon me since I'm not that experienced in english)
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 22nd May 2015 at 8:12 PM
When this kind of things happens, it usually means that there are mods in your setup that doesn't play well together, usually cause they alter the same resource file in the EA coding.
Have you tried, adding them one by one at a time (instead putting them all together at once) and see if the combo of mods works together. Usually the creators of such mods mentions which Resources they altered, if another creator mentions the same resource you won't be able to use those together in their current format.

Also since there are lots of Mods out there, make sure they run on The Sims 3 (Sims 2 and Sims 4, also uses the same "package" format).

This tool can help you to find any conflicts in your mods setup in tuning mods conflicts: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=387006
Scan it solely on your Mods folder.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd May 2015 at 10:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by stevset
When this kind of things happens, it usually means that there are mods in your setup that doesn't play well together, usually cause they alter the same resource file in the EA coding.
Have you tried, adding them one by one at a time (instead putting them all together at once) and see if the combo of mods works together. Usually the creators of such mods mentions which Resources they altered, if another creator mentions the same resource you won't be able to use those together in their current format.

Also since there are lots of Mods out there, make sure they run on The Sims 3 (Sims 2 and Sims 4, also uses the same "package" format).

This tool can help you to find any conflicts in your mods setup in tuning mods conflicts: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=387006

Thanks! I'll try it and update here.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th May 2015 at 1:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by stevset

hello, I did it all, yet, my sims still isn't working. Do u have any idea what I can do? I already deleted my cache filed as instructed in some forums, but didn't solve the crashing. Thanks
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 24th May 2015 at 2:39 AM
There are some conflicts that the Dashboard does not detect. Maybe I missed it but did you try just adding your mods files back in a few at a time and test by trying to start a game as stevset suggested?
Have you checked to make sure your Mods Framework is set up correctly?
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 24th May 2015 at 1:50 PM
Beside what @barbarat mentions, please follow Buzzlers advice in this thread http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=555658 postcount 3 and post your results in here.

Without knowing, which patchversion you are on, where you are placing your mods and what type of mods you trying to run on your system, it's really hard for us to pinpoint where the error lies. Though when you removed your mods the game ran correctly as you said, so clearly its something related to these things.