Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Mar 2017 at 9:48 PM Last edited by sam&skye : 2nd Apr 2017 at 4:02 AM.
Default value counter with drawers
I know of Nix's add ons from here: https://nixedsims.wordpress.com/201...ter-completers/

There's a drawer version of the value counter in there. But it doesn't actually match the others, it looks really odd when placed next to them (no shadow/different light). So... I deleted it now, which is a pity.

Does anyone know of another one, or if someone has fixed this somewhere?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 18th Mar 2017 at 10:00 PM
Not sure but did you download them before or after shadow fixes were added?
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Mar 2017 at 5:04 AM
Can't be more than a few weeks ago, but I'll try downloading the shadow fix one anyway. Maybe there was still the old one in the other ZIP.
(Plus, I just saw it's only from 2016 so there might be hope in just PMing them...)
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
#4 Old 19th Mar 2017 at 9:01 PM Last edited by NixNivis : 19th Mar 2017 at 9:14 PM.
@sam&skye I don't quite understand why you'd post here rather than leave a comment at my blog. I'm no longer active at MTS (but I am active at my blog), so you're very lucky that someone told me about this thread. I wouldn't have seen it otherwise.

Can you show me a screenshot of what the counter looks like in your game? Because when I check it in mine, it looks exactly the same as my other Value counters - same light and same shadows. (This wasn't one of the counters that had bad shadows, BTW.) And I can't troubleshoot what I can't see.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Mar 2017 at 10:01 PM
Eh, it's such an old game. Most of my messages to creators land in Nirvana so I wrongly assumed it'd be no use before I saw that the upload is from 2016.

Here's a screenshot; yours have no groundshadow. (This is after I downloaded the zip that said fixed and tried again.)
I couldn't see any odd lighting on the rest of the counters this time, so that might have been the room I put them in rather than the object.
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
#6 Old 20th Mar 2017 at 5:49 PM
A quick look at the rest of my blog would have told you I'm still active and answering comments. Just a tip for next time.

That's strange, they're supposed to have groundshadows. (And yes, the lighting in the room would effect how these and other counters look.) I'll look into it - but it might be a while before I get to it, I have a lot on my plate right now.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#7 Old 20th Mar 2017 at 6:29 PM
You know what - those look the same in my game (and I never noticed?!?). BUT they *do* have shadows, they're just really faint. And I'm sure that they do because I placed about 8 of the same mesh in the same spot to check my theory out. So yes, there are shadows but they're not very noticeable.
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 20th Mar 2017 at 10:26 PM
I'll just keep using them on dark floor for now, then. (I would've probably redownloaded them within a few days either way. )

Knowing that there are actually shadows but they're "wrong", I might just be able to figure it out too...