Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

[OUTDATED] AnyGameStarter v. 1.6

by Numenor Posted 27th Sep 2007 at 9:41 AM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 9:08 PM by Nysha

Closed Thread Locked by: Reason:
633 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 632 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 26
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 10:07 AM
Oh now this is interesting! And above all some bloody good coding! Thank you for this, it'll make playing this game just that bit more exciting :D
Test Subject
#3 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 10:17 AM
that's brilliant numenor!!lov it!!!
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#4 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 10:20 AM
Whats the difference between this and the updated basegame starter?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
#5 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 10:24 AM
oooohh. awesome!!
8D
Scholar
#6 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 10:27 AM
So this is BaseGameStarter, except better, is it not?
Scholar
#7 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 10:28 AM
OMG! I cannot wait to try this, thank you so much!!!!

CC4Sims
Love will humiliate you and hate will cradle you.
Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits.
Instructor
#8 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 10:36 AM
Ok...just some daft questions.
If I say wanted to play all expansions & stuff packs but not BV which disc would I use? Also would I see recolours of the loo stalls if I chose not to play BV? Because I am waiting for EA/Maxis to fix BV before I play it any further but I don't want to uninstall it as it gets too messy then.
Sorry if I seem dense...but this program looks really promising.
Zen

www.crystalgecko.co.uk

Never wake a sleeping Dragon...for you are small and crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
Field Researcher
#9 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 10:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Whats the difference between this and the updated basegame starter?

Hi Inge
The difference is that this can exclude some EPs or EPs.

With the BGS you can only run TS2+ONE EP without any other or with all the EP installed before your choice, i.e if you install the game UP2Pets and you have all installed all the EPs and SPs the BGS will run ALL from TS2 to Pets. or you can install OnlyPets an it runs TS2+Pets.

With the AGS you can choose WHICH EPs or SPs you'd like to run; i.e if you have ALL the EPs and SPs you can choose to run ONLY ALL the EP without SPs or run a custom configuration: TS2+Uny+SSN, TS2+NL+Pets, TS2+Uny+OFB, ecc ecc You can create any type of configuration.

The main goal of the AGS is to ri-create a particularly configuration that an user can have, to test some problems, but is also usefully to create a new CUSTOM game configuration preserving the whole installation: for i.e. I don't like some SPs, but I have all them to be "update".

Hope you can understand me

Bye
MaryLou

Edit: No, this is not just better of BGS: is different.
With the BGS you can install e preserve many configuration, but they are fixed in order which EPs and SPs you have installed.
With the AGS you can CUSTOM the configuration whatever, but you can have at the same time ONLY 3 alternative game, no more.

Of course you can use booth and install all the game configuration with the BGS plus all with AGS

If you like my creations, you may consider to make a little donation to support my site and my modding activity.
MaryLou's Sims 2 World - MaryLou Sims 2 Forum (Italiano)
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 11:00 AM
I can't wait to try this, i'm excited! I hope it supports Greek in my system, hihi ;-)

Thanks for all your hard work Numenor!

You will find my older and newest creations here
Mad Poster
#11 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 11:03 AM
This is wonderful!!! Does the game run faster if we exclude some of the packs?
Field Researcher
#12 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 11:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ZenFrog76
Ok...just some daft questions.
If I say wanted to play all expansions & stuff packs but not BV which disc would I use?

If you have Season you must use its DVD.
You can install a configuration that include all except BV, or you can use the BGS installing the game Up2SSN.

Quote: Originally posted by crocobaura
Does the game run faster if we exclude some of the packs?

Yes, and its run more faster if you use also the mini-game, but you can install all the neighborhoods you like

If you like my creations, you may consider to make a little donation to support my site and my modding activity.
MaryLou's Sims 2 World - MaryLou Sims 2 Forum (Italiano)
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 11:46 AM
i just have the university EP, but nevertheless its very useful for testing some stuff. and as soon as i have a new pc with all EPs running on it, this will be so helpful, i reckon! thank you so much, numenor!!!
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 12:01 PM
Great, can't wait to try it. =D
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#15 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 12:03 PM
Thanks for the comparison summary, Marylou

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 12:09 PM
~This is freakin awesome Numenor,Is it possible say when you run just the pets ep that you can save & exit the game then go back into it later or is it just to test objects & modifications for that ep?
Moderator of pixels for pixels
retired moderator
#17 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 12:31 PM
So kewl! Thanks Numenor :D

Need to know which object came with which EP or SP? Check the CEP Object database
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#18 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 12:43 PM
Thanks for the credit - I forgot all about that idea, and the tool I did.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 12:51 PM
It's really useful. Thanks!!
Forum Resident
#20 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 1:12 PM
Though I didn't test this tool until now I think it seems to be the better solution for configuration of different games. That's what I was hoping for and again you did an excellent job! Three options will do the most purposes. Thank you!
hexameter

PS. "... note that the installer is "intelligent": ...": Any software is only as intelligent as the coder's/programmer's skills allow it to be. Chapeâu!
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 1:27 PM
Just a question: if we're going through our downloads looking for something that is crashing the game and exclude a EP, will the said EP's CC be recognised?
Test Subject
#22 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 1:33 PM
Thanks for sharing, great work
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 2:38 PM
All hail the Mod Father! Thank you I will be able to do so much more with the game now. And my sister thinks you shouls be working on the sims 3 lol

OMG! MF Snakes on a MF Plane!!
August 18th everywhere
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#24 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 2:41 PM
...Also would I see recolours of the loo stalls if I chose not to play BV?

You will see the recolours made with the CEP for the "old" toilet stall. Of course, you won't see the new Maxis recolours that come with BV.

------------------------------------------------------------

I am waiting for EA/Maxis to fix BV before I play it any further but I don't want to uninstall it as it gets too messy then.

Quote: Originally posted by Tramen
Just a question: if we're going through our downloads looking for something that is crashing the game and exclude a EP, will the said EP's CC be recognised?

Just to be clear, the AnyGames created by the installer are completely separated from the Full game. Upon installation, the AnyGames contain an empty Downloads folder. Of course, you can copy all your custom content in the AnyGame folder but be warned: every time you change configuration (e.g. adding or removing an EP), the AnyGame is deleted (with all its Downloads) and replaced by a new one.
That said, if you create an AnyGame excluding Pets, then all the CC that require Pets won't work with it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote: Originally posted by simotized
Is it possible say when you run just the pets ep that you can save & exit the game then go back into it later or is it just to test objects & modifications for that ep?

Yes, the AnyGames are persistent: once created, they can be played and saved as many times you want, until you decide to delete or replace it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote: Originally posted by hexameter
PS. "... note that the installer is "intelligent": ...": Any software is only as intelligent as the coder's/programmer's skills allow it to be. Chapeâu!

Did you notice the subtle way I've used to make compliments to myself?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
Thanks for the credit - I forgot all about that idea, and the tool I did.

That idea is the real "Columbus' Egg" I didn't use your tool, but I "borrowed" the method behind it. "The water always flows along its easiest course", and the simpler solutions are always the best

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 3:11 PM
This looks like a wonderful and very handy tool. Thank you!
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 26