Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#401 Old 15th Apr 2011 at 8:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by azraelchan
So I've been trying out some different eyes from TS3 in the game to see how they work, and I really liked the way these looked, but found this one very odd problem:

I don't have TS3; is this something I would be able to fix myself?

I had the same problem before, i just downloaded and took diffrent eyes. Every eyes dont seems to work but some do and then was like normal not that crazy cheek.

Sorry for my bad english...
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#402 Old 15th Apr 2011 at 9:08 AM
So I've been trying out some different eyes from TS3 in the game to see how they work, and I really liked the way these looked, but found this one very odd problem:

I don't have TS3; is this something I would be able to fix myself?

I'm curious, how long have you been using the eyes to get this problem? is it in cas or after a while in game play? Are they default or contacts? I've been using Pure Eyes [default] by Flajko for a week now with no problems at all. I know it doesn't solve your issue but I thought maybe it might help a tiny bit. Maybe constant changing to test the eyes stuffs up something???? I have pushed the game in other ways and it's gone nuts.
Instructor
#403 Old 15th Apr 2011 at 9:20 AM
So I've been trying out some different eyes from TS3 in the game to see how they work, and I really liked the way these looked, but found this one very odd problem

Hmm, to me it looks like something wrong with the alpha, maybe it wasn't noticeable in TS3 because the face proportions are different.

"Deep down I'm pretty superficial"

Lab Assistant
#404 Old 15th Apr 2011 at 3:18 PM
Update on the "lip-chin" eyes: I had tried several different default eyes, some with funny patches of skin or lips on the chin, but I'd only seen them show up in CAS; when I went to live mode my sims still had their old maxis eyes. After finally deciding on some eyes (without the lipchin) and putting them in, I knew they weren't showing up in live mode so I cleverly thought "I'll delete the cache files! That works in the Sims 2, surely the new eyes will show up!"
So I deleted worldcastle.objectcache in the Caches folder...turns out that's not a great idea. I suddenly had lip-chins on everybody in live-mode, (but the sims in CAS showed up fine) even though the eyes I had put in should have been fine. The game was somehow finding the texture from some other eyes I had tested, maybe? I thought I'd borked my game, but I had a backup of the cache file, and when I put it back (without any default eyes) everything was cool again. Phew! I also noticed the lip-chins don't show up on males, just females. Anyway, I'm back to maxis eyes, at least for now.

paysites suck.
Instructor
#405 Old 15th Apr 2011 at 5:08 PM
Maybe try the deleting the cache files in your The Sims Medieval folder (CASPart, Compositor, and SimCompositor), those are safe to delete and might fix your problem.

Test Subject
#406 Old 15th Apr 2011 at 8:26 PM
Okay, I've never used S3PE before, and I'm slightly confused about how to flag custom hair for Medieval. I have installed Velocitygrass' CASPart wrapper, but I'm confused as to what I'm supposed to change.
transmogrified
retired moderator
#407 Old 15th Apr 2011 at 8:29 PM
Pandanapped, have you looked at hotroxy777's tutorial?
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=439834
Test Subject
#408 Old 15th Apr 2011 at 8:39 PM
NO! Thank you so much! If I have instructions, I can surely figure it out.

It's funny, I can convert mods from Oblivion to the Oblivion overhaul Nehrim, but keep getting lost with the Sims.

Also, thank you for such a fast reply.
Instructor
#409 Old 15th Apr 2011 at 10:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by [email protected]
I made this MOD to use SIMS (only female) without Clothes.

I don't know if it's because of this mod, but when I tried to create a new Knight after the one I had died, and I picked a custom Sim from the Sim bin, a naked elf lady appeared and my game froze!

Instructor
#410 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 5:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by alexpilgrim
I don't know if it's because of this mod, but when I tried to create a new Knight after the one I had died, and I picked a custom Sim from the Sim bin, a naked elf lady appeared and my game froze!

While I haven't had the fortune of any naked elven ladies, my game did keep freezing up until I removed this particular mod.
Scholar
#411 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 10:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by alexpilgrim

work good for me
Test Subject
#412 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 12:14 PM
I wish there was a mod to transfer all my characters (with their current level and items) to new kingdoms, I hate making new ones
Lab Assistant
#413 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 1:28 PM Last edited by Leticron : 16th Apr 2011 at 1:55 PM.
No Mod yet AFAIK but some kind of workaround: save your actual Kingdom under a different name just before you start the last quest.
Now finish that quest and start the new kingdom. Save and quit.
Go to C:\Users\<Username>\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval\Saves\<whatever name you gave the last save of the old kingdom> and copy the "WorldCastle_0x00000000.nhd" to replace the file with the same name in the save you made for the new kingdom.
Before you do that, you might want to make a backup copy just to be on the safe site
Now your new kingdom has all the buildings and heroes from the old kingdom

You might want to set the quest points back to were they were, CTRL-SHIFT-C and then say "setqp 60" or so
-le
Theorist
#414 Old 21st Apr 2011 at 5:05 PM
Is there a way to view TSM OBJD files? S3PE couldn't read them.
Lab Assistant
#415 Old 22nd Apr 2011 at 8:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by atavera
Anyone successfully enabled build mode? I tried with a script and I can get into build mode and buy doors/windows/trees/shells that weren't in buy mode but the actual build tools like wall/terrain/etc. tools don't do anything at all.

Where is the mod on this one? or how do I unlock this feature? thanks
Test Subject
#416 Old 26th Apr 2011 at 4:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ridoo
NoMosaic?

here!

This does not work with patch 1.2
Test Subject
#417 Old 29th Apr 2011 at 2:14 AM
Can't get this to work with new version 1.3 Anyone else have this problem?
Field Researcher
#418 Old 29th Apr 2011 at 5:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tavi6233
Can't get this to work with new version 1.3 Anyone else have this problem?

It'll need to be updated - I just updated my game and then started it up with the debug enabler installed and it crashed. The patch just came out today - hopefully it won't take long to update the mod.
Giblets for hire
Original Poster
#419 Old 29th Apr 2011 at 8:27 AM
Debug enabler for 1.3.13 posted in OP.
Theorist
#420 Old 29th Apr 2011 at 6:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rick[b
Debug enabler (for version 1.3.13)[/b]
Debug enabler (for version 1.2.3)
Debug enabler (for version 1.1.10)

Thank you for releasing the new debugger so amazingly quickly after the lastest EA patch!
Instructor
#421 Old 30th Apr 2011 at 6:31 PM
Amazing you are...
thanx

22 I will give him the key to the house of David. When he opens doors, no one will be able to close them; when he closes doors, no one will be able to open them.
Field Researcher
#422 Old 30th Apr 2011 at 10:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rick[b
Debug enabler (for version 1.3.13)[/b]
Debug enabler (for version 1.2.3)
Debug enabler (for version 1.1.10)

Thanks for the fast turn around on the debugenabler and Resource.cfg file to be compatible with the 1.3 patch! I've installed the updated files and my game is working great (so far )! Thanks again for your marvelous mods!
Lab Assistant
#423 Old 1st May 2011 at 12:35 AM
I patched and updated to 1.3.13 debug enabler -- debug menu not coming up for me! I probably should just reinstall, I can't make a new kingdom at all..
Field Researcher
#424 Old 1st May 2011 at 12:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pooklaroux
I patched and updated to 1.3.13 debug enabler -- debug menu not coming up for me! I probably should just reinstall, I can't make a new kingdom at all..

pooklaroux - Did you install the new Resouce.cfg file Rick included with the updated debugenabler in X:/Program Files/The Sims Medieval? And do you still have the d3dx9_31.dll file in the X:/Program Files/The Sims Medieval/Game/Bin folder? Did you remove the old Resource.cfg file? Hope these suggestions help!
Giblets for hire
Original Poster
#425 Old 1st May 2011 at 3:31 AM
d3dx9_31.dll is not necessary to use my debug enabler.
Page 17 of 24