Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jul 2016 at 3:57 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Into the Future
Default Installing Origin SIms 3 expansions without getting 1.69 patch
I have the Sims 3 Town Life Stuff on Origin but the rest of my expansions are disk versions and my current patch version is 1.67 currently I am unable to install Sims 3 Town Life stuff and it instead prompts me to patch my game to the 1.69 patch which I don't want to do. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 24th Jul 2016 at 8:24 PM
I don't use Origin but.............I think you can go into settings and choose for it NOT to update your game. Someone else here that uses Origin can probably tell you exactly where to find that option.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 24th Jul 2016 at 8:37 PM
If you are going to download/install from Origin it is my understanding that even though your game is all discs and you have selected to turn off Auto Updates Origin requires 1.69 to install any product on Origin.
To really play it safe best bet is to buy the disc or at least hold off doing anything until someone can tell you for sure you can avoid 1.69.
There is more information on 1.69 On This Page.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 24th Jul 2016 at 10:00 PM Last edited by igazor : 24th Jul 2016 at 10:23 PM.
Sorry, but you can't do this. Any downloaded base game, EP, or SP from Origin now requires Patch 1.69. If you refuse the patch, you don't get the download.

I can understand not wanting 1.69, but having recently acquired it myself it's not fatal (it wasn't for me, anyway). Core mods need to be updated but there aren't many, I miss some of the tools from other parties that no longer work, just getting the game launched now takes more steps, and that EP/SP chooser in the new Launcher is for the birds, but the game itself once you get it going is exactly the same.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Jul 2016 at 3:36 PM
Thank you for the responses. I updated to 1.69 and downloaded the packs I had on origin. So far the patch doesn't seem as bad as I thought
Scholar
#6 Old 25th Jul 2016 at 4:49 PM
Just watch out for the launcher...every time you load up the game, check the expansion pack tab and make sure it lists all your expansions. If not, abort the launch and start over. Repeat until you get either all your packs showing or (more likely) a prompt to choose packs. In my experience, I have to go through this whenever Origin does an update or I make changes in the program files or the stars align in some mysterious way. It's not a big effort but you don't want to skip this step and bork your saved games.