Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th May 2015 at 9:28 PM
Default A Medieval Legacy- From Outlaw to King
Hi Everyone

I have a new challenge Idea I'm calling A Medieval Legacy- From Outlaw to King. I haven't play tested it yet, but I will be soon, and I will be blogging about it here: http://sarahssims3challenges.blogspot.com/
It's not perfect yet, and I will probably make more than a few changes as time goes on, but if anyone has any suggestions, or wants to play along, go ahead!
The basics: You begin with two sims, both are outlaws in a medieval world. They need to play through several stages, each designed after a social class in feudal Medieval society: Outlaw, Minstrel, Servant, Peasant Farmer, Craftsman, Knight, Noble, and finally Royalty.

I do have the Sims 3 + All Expansion Packs, though I suppose only one of either World Adventures, Generations, or Island Paradise is absolutely required, because they contain tents or sleeping bags, which at least one of is required for the outlaw stage of the challenge. I also have the NRAAS Master Controller Mod, and I will use it throughout my challenge to keep track of a sim family I create as Royalty in the beginning. I may be able to figure out a way to play without the mod later, though at this stage it is necessary. You can find the Mod here: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/MasterController
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 28th May 2015 at 12:30 AM
Sounds interesting!

The Darkdusk Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
The Nightmagic Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
Last of Her Kind has ended thanks to a dead computer.
Test Subject
#3 Old 2nd Jun 2015 at 2:40 PM
Love this idea! I had one similar to it but I never got far. You can count on me to try this challenge :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 2nd Jun 2015 at 6:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KyrieKaimei
Love this idea! I had one similar to it but I never got far. You can count on me to try this challenge :D

Thank you. I just posted a Day 1 blog post. I'd love to hear how yours goes.
Test Subject
#5 Old 5th Jun 2015 at 4:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sarah26!
Thank you. I just posted a Day 1 blog post. I'd love to hear how yours goes.

I've read your first two chapters and while I don't know that I'll write a story myself, i will take pictures in case I do want to. Today I'll be setting the challenge up and may get to play a little bit of it before I head off to work or so I hope. I love how yours is going. I can't believe they're expecting their first child already! :D
Test Subject
#6 Old 28th Jun 2015 at 1:49 AM
I've actually started my own blog for this. I hope some other people start stories for it as well! Its super fun! :D

http://silverthornlegacy.blogspot.com/
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 4th Jul 2015 at 8:40 PM
I've bookmarked your blog. It looks good. You are a much better storyteller than I am.

Quote: Originally posted by KyrieKaimei
I've actually started my own blog for this. I hope some other people start stories for it as well! Its super fun! :D

http://silverthornlegacy.blogspot.com/
Test Subject
#8 Old 5th Jul 2015 at 12:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sarah26!
I've bookmarked your blog. It looks good. You are a much better storyteller than I am.

Nah! I love your's and you're alot farther than I am anyway haha. Plus, you actually tell the reader where you are money-wise. Which is really nice because its easy to see your progress then too.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 26th Aug 2015 at 5:59 PM
Hi everyone,

Sorry for the delay at new postings, but I've just posted another chapter to my blog. finished stage 1: Outlaw, today, and will soon begin stage 2: Minstrel.
Test Subject
#10 Old 27th Aug 2015 at 8:56 AM
Gonna give this a go! :D
Test Subject
#11 Old 27th Aug 2015 at 5:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Razzberry
Gonna give this a go! :D

If you make a story out of it be sure to link it. We def need more stories on this challenge ;D
Test Subject
#12 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 3:38 AM
I soooo love both of your blogs I can't wait to read more they are amazing, I have made a way to renovate your challenge on PS3 luckily so I can play it now yay!
Test Subject
#13 Old 24th Jan 2016 at 1:08 AM
Hey, I know no one has posted here in a while, but I wanted to say I am still working on my challenge. I'm just trying to readjust my castle for the next part of the challenge. I never was a talented builder so I'm having some trouble...but more will be coming soon!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 11th Jun 2016 at 7:56 PM
For everyone who's interested, I just posted my last post for stage 2 of my challenge. I will be starting on Stage 3 soon.
Test Subject
#15 Old 7th Aug 2016 at 1:10 AM
I started this challenge last week. I'm not much of a blogger, so here's my summary: Shane and Gwen Terry snuck into Castle Keep Populated and pitched their tent (Generations turned off, so no sleeping bags). Fishing by day and sneaking onto vacant lots to live off the land by night, they waited to have kids. Shane was a fair thief, so he stole some statuary to fence for extra income and also lifted a guitar for his virtuoso wife.. When they got near to collecting all the bribe money, they began to focus on starting a family. Gwen was pregnant with their first when the city official they bribed "lost" their warrants and they became legitimate. No more stealing for Shane..

The Terrys moved into an inn. It was run down, but had two cribs and a toddler potty. Gwen and Shane formed a band, but Shane mostly stayed at the inn with the toddler, Harper, and their newest child, Naomi. Gwen, however, played at the inn and in the crypts (strongly resembling modern subways) and quickly rose to fame. They caught the eye of the queen one day, and were conscripted to work in the castle just after both children started school..

The castle life was busy, caring for the king and queen and three active princes, but it was much easier than living off the land. The queen threw a lot of parties, and the Terrys worked off their indenture during Harper's and Naomi's high school years..

Shane built a modest peasant farm with a few extras, using his discount as a master handyman. Gwen announced she was pregnant again, and all four Terrys set to work in their liege lord's farm. They worked while the baby, Tabitha, grew to childhood. Using the proceeds from the farm and a bit of shiny they still had around from their outlaw days, Shane and Gwen succeeded in buying an apprenticeship for their little artiste, Tabitha.

Tabitha moved to the mountaintop to live in the wagon caravan with Spring and Vernon Troller. It was scary at first, living with trolls, but they mostly just ignored Tabitha and let her paint. Tabitha found she had to homeschool in order to fulfill the goals her hosts set for her, and even then, she failed to master her skills before ageing up, probably due to spending too much time with her boyfriend.

-=End Scenario=-
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 27th Apr 2017 at 9:11 PM Last edited by joeabuy1000 : 28th Apr 2017 at 2:31 AM.
I just stumbled into this thread and found the concept interesting. I'm tempted to try a variant of this challenge one of these days.