Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Aug 2016 at 10:40 PM Last edited by Salamancer : 18th Aug 2016 at 11:03 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Supernatural
Default After Origin claimed TS3 and Supernatural were fully installed, a box pops up saying the download is at 90% whenever the game is launched.
I attempted to reinstall TS3 and the Supernatural expansion through Origin, then unintalled and reinstalled again when it seemed to incorrectly install it. Both times, Origin claimed the installation completed, yet if I try to launch the game it claims it's at 90%. Link to screenshot on Imgur

Both times, it stays at exactly 90% and 2,004.01 MB and doesn't seem to be installing whatever it's attempting to install. The last attempt at installing, the TS3 wasn't on the desktop but was in my programs. The game could be launched with minimal bugs that I've noticed and default skintones and eyes could be added, but no other custom content worked. This second install, I have not yet attempted launching the game.

I'm not really sure what to do about this. Since the download is so small, I'm assuming it's an update that won't go through.

(By the way, the origin download in the taskbar is a TS4 trial because I was curious about it. Hopefully that doesn't wreck my computer, dear lord.)

Edit: Just uninstalled Origin. I'll come back to this later. For now, I'm just tired of wrestling with it for the past two days.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 19th Aug 2016 at 3:14 AM
I think you have a bad install of either Origin, TS3 or both, so starting fresh makes the most sense. It sounds like you are already doing this, but I would recommend:
uninstall Origin
uninstall TS3, base game and any EPs and SPs
clean your registry
reinstall Origin and TS3
Good luck!
Scholar
#3 Old 20th Aug 2016 at 5:56 PM
yeah - it's another reason for love for this crapware >.> You may try to clean temporary files (Application Data files in particular, they're placed in different folders depends of Windows' version) and reset the Origins' download. But probably uninstall/clean/install Origin/install game routine would be best working (if working at all, because it sometimes does not works >.> ) solution.

Clean and *reboot* the machine after uninstallation. And if the stubborn windows does not delete its temporary files (it happens) do it manually.

Also check, please, particular topic on the support page (download/installation problems).

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"