Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th May 2017 at 8:04 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons
Can I run Sims 3 plus the expansions & stuff packs?
Here you go everyone, am I able to run sims 3 or no?

And it's under the spoiler so it's not so long.

Advertisement
Mad Poster
#3 Old 10th May 2017 at 9:42 PM
If the question was, can that computer be expected to run the game well with all EPs, the answer is yes, certainly. Provided that the Nvidia Control Panel, Nvidia Inspector, or some other such tool is used to cap the frame rate on your Nvidia 1050Ti card. You have a 75 Hz monitor, so the frame rate should never wander far above 75 fps in-game. Unlike more modern games, TS3 does not have a built-in frame rate limiter and the newer, more powerful cards can run wild on it leading to graphical glitches, screen tears, lag, and crashing (or worse). Actual frame rates achieved can be checked by using the cheat code fps on (enter) in the cheats console. Then fps off (enter) to make the rate display go away again.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 10th May 2017 at 10:15 PM
@Nitronmon - Well Sims 3 is a bit of a demanding game, even for 09! Some people don't have modern computers or at least the latest. But I chuckled at your reply anyway :P

@Igazor - Thanks for the response, I'm glad I know it can run it well! I mean, my towers a custom gaming one so I'd hope it ran modern games well to a degree. XD
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 11th May 2017 at 1:33 AM
Thanks for the input! That is all very interesting to know

My fps in CAS is between 130 - 150, is that normal?? CAS tends to be a little slow for me but I DID just load up the game so yea.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 11th May 2017 at 9:01 AM
Is there an advantage to capping the fps at 60 instead of 75 when the OP has a 75 hz monitor? Though, to be fair, I doubt that many of us could "see" the difference. But I agree that 130+ is far too high. The excess frame rates generated are the equivalent of digital noise that the monitor cannot possibly use and can cause all of the issues I listed above including yes, overheating the GPU.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 11th May 2017 at 4:37 PM
At least I came to you guys and said something or else I would've thought it was fine! I'll definitely look into the Nividia inspector
Mad Poster
#10 Old 11th May 2017 at 4:52 PM
Easily, you'll have no trouble whatsoever. And indeed, make sure to cap the FPS.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 11th May 2017 at 5:36 PM
Thanks Grij! And I tried a few programs but the inspector seems to do a better job, I even tried S3Booster.

I'm probably just dumb at program usage so forgive me. When I play in windows the fps seems to be lower then full screen, and goes from around 100fps to in the 50's. I notice whenever I close the inspector window it goes back up, is that supposed to happen?? The highest it goes with it open is the 100's.

If any of you want to private message me instead that's fine.