Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#26 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 9:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
I have 2 32gb usb drives and 1 1000gb external hard drive plus I will burn off DVD's with my Sims 2 stuff just to be safe. (All this just for Sims 2.) I have backups of the backups of the backups.

Considering how quickly sims 2 stuff is disappearing from the internet, I don't blame you. That's part of the reason I was terrified I might have to replace my downloads folder.
Just out of curiosity, is there a quicker way to delete the .bin from the end of my files than manually renaming them individually?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 10:43 PM
Quote:
OP if this has happened to all your files grab a bulk renamer program which will do heaps at once. Maybe not the whole thing at once, but in chunks; mine stops responding if I do more than a good handful of folders at any one time.

You missed post #18
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#28 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 11:03 PM
This is the one I use http://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/Main_Intro.php There could be better ones, I don't know.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
Original Poster
#29 Old 31st Aug 2015 at 12:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
You missed post #18

Yep, I did. That'll teach me to read posts while I'm still half asleep.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#30 Old 31st Aug 2015 at 11:47 AM
Ant renamer is one that I use, it's nice and simple.
http://www.antp.be/software/renamer

Let us know how you get on, @katreina!
Scholar
Original Poster
#31 Old 31st Aug 2015 at 1:21 PM Last edited by katreina : 2nd Sep 2015 at 1:50 AM.
I'm only about half way through the renaming since I started out doing it manually. The bulk utility tool is a lot faster and a huge help so I should be able to get everything up and running after work. I'll update you guys then.

Update: Got everything renamed and installed and everything's showing up now. Thanks again for everyone's help. I really appreciate it.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#32 Old 2nd Sep 2015 at 6:45 PM
Page 2 of 2