Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Oct 2013 at 11:39 PM
Default Sims 3(from Origin) Won't launch
So I recently downloaded Sims 3 through Origin, and I have the Late Night, Generations, World Adventures, and High End Loft stuff packs. It has been working fine since I got it then suddenly when I try to load it (By clicking the Sims 3 icon from my desktop like I always do) it doesn't Launch. The screen just goes black for a few seconds then minimizes and in my task bar it shows the Sims is running, but if I click on that it just goes black then minimizes again. It could be from a few things, either Bad CC or the recent Update. It happened after I had installed some CC and Updated. Another thing that I noticed, is before it stopped working, when I would click the icon on my desktop it would take me directly to the Sims launcher, now it takes me to my Origin "my games" tab and I have to click on the Sims then click Play which then takes me to the launcher. I've tried to bypass the launcher by going into my program files but it still just takes me to Origin and I get the same results. I just got this game about a week ago. (I know I"m behind on the times, I always liked Sims 2 better until it just stopped working on my laptop). My laptop is fairly new and a quality computer that I specifically bought to handle games. Anyone else have similar problems or know a solution?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 19th Oct 2013 at 4:41 PM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
  • Sims 3 - Game Problems
    Please go through this FAQ and follow the instructions, doing each step in order and not skipping anything:Most issues with the game can be resolved by following those steps.

Try the steps in the guide above to either solve the issue or rule out CC as the cause. If you find the game runs without CC, then see Game Help:TS3 Finding Problem Custom Contentwiki
Test Subject
#3 Old 5th Jul 2014 at 8:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsiness10711
So I recently downloaded Sims 3 through Origin, and I have the Late Night, Generations, World Adventures, and High End Loft stuff packs. It has been working fine since I got it then suddenly when I try to load it (By clicking the Sims 3 icon from my desktop like I always do) it doesn't Launch. The screen just goes black for a few seconds then minimizes and in my task bar it shows the Sims is running, but if I click on that it just goes black then minimizes again. It could be from a few things, either Bad CC or the recent Update. It happened after I had installed some CC and Updated. Another thing that I noticed, is before it stopped working, when I would click the icon on my desktop it would take me directly to the Sims launcher, now it takes me to my Origin "my games" tab and I have to click on the Sims then click Play which then takes me to the launcher. I've tried to bypass the launcher by going into my program files but it still just takes me to Origin and I get the same results. I just got this game about a week ago. (I know I"m behind on the times, I always liked Sims 2 better until it just stopped working on my laptop). My laptop is fairly new and a quality computer that I specifically bought to handle games. Anyone else have similar problems or know a solution?

Its the fullscreen bug on origin fix this by Going into were the sims 3 folder is in your documents and right click Options and click edit then once notepad opens look for fullscreen = 1 change that to 0 load the game again it will be in windowed mode then look for EA and Maxis If you see it your good to go! note this is for windows
i just had this bug today
In the Arena
retired moderator
#4 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 2:58 PM
Well, thanks for the input. But, did you check the date of the post and still overrode the warning?
I doubt OP is still checking this thread. Plus, what happen then might not be the same as what is affecting you now.
Locked thread