Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Dec 2010 at 3:07 AM
Default How to correctly package sims 3 for upload?
I have looked everywhere to find how to package a sim 3 when done and ready to upload but al i find is sims 2

It sounds simple enough, I follow instructions I find elsewhere, use the share sim feature in CAS but Whenever I have made my sim, then go to test if it works ok (temporarily removing ALL my saved sims then JUST installing my sim) it shows up as installed in the launcher, but doesn't show up n game! I even got other people to test the sims and they say they cant see them in game either!
How do i successfully package a Sim into .sims3pack??

You guys Are my last hope! I have faith in you! Please help!

If you want one of my sims to test or something to see what I've done wrong then there is one here... http://steviesims.webs.com/Beckki%2...eSims.Sims3Pack
Thank you everyone who replies!

♥ Glee ♥ Supernatural ♥ Sherlock ♥ Heroes ♥ THG ♥ Marina & The Diamonds ♥ Lana Del Rey ♥

Visit My Sims Blog - Legleeksims ♦
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 25th Dec 2010 at 6:00 PM
Save it to the Sim Bin, and then share the .sim file from the SavedSims folder in My Documents/The Sims 3 (It'll be called YourSimsName.sim, e.g. JaneDoe.sim). Bear in mind that you have to switch to a default skin and hair first, or it'll crash people's games, even if they have the custom hair/skin installed.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Dec 2010 at 11:18 PM
I think the Skin and hair is the Problem!
So what do I do? Remove the skin and hair, then post a link on where to get them from?

♥ Glee ♥ Supernatural ♥ Sherlock ♥ Heroes ♥ THG ♥ Marina & The Diamonds ♥ Lana Del Rey ♥

Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 25th Dec 2010 at 11:28 PM
Yep. Skin and hair shouldn't cause a problem in terms of sims actually not showing up... but then I never install sims3packs, so maybe I just haven't heard of them. In any case, the Launcher is shit, so using .sim files instead of .sims3packs is always more reliable.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Jan 2011 at 9:16 PM
Ok, I have another question. If say, I was removing the Hair and skin, and I had a hair on my sim that i wanted to remove. How would I find what Hair that was in my 'mods' folder? Becasue I can't see what they look like when I'm in the folder!

world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#6 Old 8th Jan 2011 at 9:22 PM
You don't have to remove it from your mods folder - just put a hair from the base game on your sim in CAS before saving them. If you need to credit a hair that you've shown in the pictures, well... that's a lot harder. Rename your files as you download them is the best advice I can give - or you can ask in Where Can I Find for a link to where you got the hair.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th Jan 2011 at 9:24 PM
Thank you. I know that I do not have to remove it from the mods I just wanted to find the file, so I could either package it separately from the sim, or so that I can find out what it's called to credit it
And Yes, I wish I HAD renamed them! :S Because The picture on CAS dosn't give me ANY clue to where the hair is from or what it's called!