Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Feb 2015 at 4:07 PM Last edited by Tleilaxu3 : 25th Feb 2015 at 1:50 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Forever burn,Safe Fireplaces by Carrigon
sims2workshop.com/index.php?form=Search&searchID=146991&highlight=forever+burn+fireplace

Forever Burn, Safe Fireplaces (TS2 or Uni only) Unrar, place the package into downloads. Once you light a fire in the fireplace, it will always stay lit, forever. All interactions are still available, but watch that View. Your sims won't leave the View very much on their own since the fire never goes out. To delete a forever burning fireplace, you must use moveObjects on cheat. If you don't want a lit fireplace at any time, delete the burning one, buy a new one and don't light it

Does anyone use this ? I noticed it doesn't seem to work for the outdoor fireplace that comes with the " Bon Voyage" expansion pack....
Not sure how well it worked with the "invisible fireplace" by Sunni , since I installed it late last night after work and then had to get to bed ...before seeing how long the 'forever burning fire' lasted.
Also need to download the 'forever burn,safe fireplaces' PETS .package ; as it is the most recent if you have all of the exp. and stuff packs installed.
Noticed as well that there is no "object" to place for this... so it just automatically adjusts itself for the fireplace ?
hope this works in my game since I'm loving the concept and it will make my sims' lives even more realistic !!

I didn't register for this site as I could not actually find the "pets" version of this hack.... had to download it from a different site @ PBK.

" Inama Nushif "
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 24th Feb 2015 at 5:52 PM
Yeah I do - it's fine. It was made a good while back and might not work with more recent fireplaces though.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#3 Old 24th Feb 2015 at 6:04 PM
LInk, please?

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th Feb 2015 at 6:19 PM
http://www.medievalsims.com/forums/...c.php?f=49&t=73

Scroll down to Sunni's second post. Edited to add--Sorry, thought I got this at pmbd, but that was some fisherman deco boats and pail by WoodforSims.

The link to Sunni's download is the correct ForeverBurningfire, the pets exp. pack one. Tried to find it at Carrigon's site, but it said the page 'could not be found'. Not sure if it was the site or just my computer. :p

Tried this out on the regular fireplace--not the campfire one--and it seemed to work fine.

" Inama Nushif "
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#5 Old 24th Feb 2015 at 10:03 PM
It's at Sims2Workshop - at least the original Pets version is. It says in the thread it was made in 2006:
http://www.sims2workshop.com/index....d&threadID=1998
I can't remember with Sims2Workshop whether you have to register to DL the files. I've been a member forever (I used to talk to Carrigon on newsnet before TS2 was released - she's one of the oldest modders in the sims community - long since stopped of course - so I have history there).

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 24th Feb 2015 at 10:22 PM
Thanks for the correct link, maxon !
For the outdoor fireplace that came with BV , you just place your invisible fireplace and put the campfire over it. (don't forget to light the invisible fire first)
Very handy for your medieval or cave dwellers... so their source of heat/light doesn't go out.

" Inama Nushif "