Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Feb 2015 at 6:25 AM Last edited by Afroshero : 3rd Mar 2015 at 12:40 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default NPC Spawn for Impresso Espress-o-Matic
I posted this over at SimPE and was told to ask here for help. So I'll just copy and paste the problem here.

Hello,

Okay, so I'll start off by saying that I'm one of those people who had a problem with the Impresso Espress-o-Matic disappearing because of Store Edition. I installed Double Deluxe and later got Univeristy. I didn't know the Espresso machine was missing until I stumbled across some custom content on here that allowed for you to place it on any counter. That's when I searched up the bar and found out I wasn't the only one who had this problem of the Espresso machine disappearing.

I then went through [the very vaguely explained] steps of cloning the Espresso machine using SimPE and finally got it to show up in my game [Yay!].
Everything seems to work great when testing it out on my lot, except for the fact that it doesn't seem to spawn an NPC to run the bar.
I've fiddled around with getting an NPC to spawn, but I don't want to break anything.

So my question is: Does anyone know how to tell the bar to spawn an NPC to actually run it?
I would be most grateful.
Thanks for your time.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 28th Feb 2015 at 1:28 PM
I would repost this in Create/Modding discussion

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#3 Old 28th Feb 2015 at 1:39 PM
Try this fix I made a while back. Cloning the whole object is not necessary, all that should be needed is the OBJD recategorized.
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  DD_EspressoMachingFIX.7z (384 Bytes, 55 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 12:36 AM Last edited by Afroshero : 3rd Mar 2015 at 7:17 PM.
Thank you HugeLunatic for the speedy reply!
Okay, so I moved out the cloned Espresso file and replaced it with the patch you gave me. I tested it and it crashes on me while loading the lot, this happens if I go to the lot with or without a sim.
I can still go to lots that don't have the Espresso bar, they still work fine. I used the lot without the Espresso machine to view the Espresso in buymode and it seems to treat the file the same way that it treats the Jewelry rack [Which is only for Bon Voyage...which I don't have]; it shows the item as "No Pic" and while I can pick it up, I can't place it down. So it's there yet not.

HUGE EDIT :
Oh. My. Gosh *Insert goat scream*.
Okay, so first I said that if I couldn't get the NPC to spawn, I would just use Dolphin's NPC controller to make a random Sim on the lot work the bar. However, sims would talk to the controlled barista and pull them away from tending the bar. So that was a no go.
Since this didn't work, it pushed me to continue on with fiddling with the Espresso file.
I then thought to take the files from the regular ol' bar that tells it to spawn a NPC and add that to my cloned Espresso machine file.
Lo' and behold it worked! Of course a LOT of tweaking had to be done as the Espresso bar does not have the function to pour or mix drinks.
Once I edited that up, [Tester] Tom was able to go to the lot and order espresso without any problems from the NPC! Plus, I'm still able to tell him to work the bar.

So, I went from Espresso not showing up [thinking Maxis just made another weird lot...]

To Espresso showing up with no NPC:

And finally, to Espresso showing up with NPC and working!

Yes, I'm super happy to have this finally work, especially considering that this is my first time even using SimPE and even modding an item for the sims.
Even though most folk have probably moved on to the Sims 3 or 4, I'll still add the file in case someone doesn't want to go through the long hassle of searching, extracting, cloning, and changing files around.
[Note: It works just like custom content, just download the file and unzip it to your Download folder.]
*Phew* now, back to fixing up my town.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  University-Working Espresso.rar (89.8 KB, 64 downloads) - View custom content