Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#126 Old 16th Jan 2007 at 5:26 PM
If you prefer in french...there is a french forum in my signature !lol!
Ton français est correct

For the "EP-specific" just in the tut page it is sufficient.
dont worry for the driveways...If the player dont have cars in his game it dont have driveway to place !

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

* Plus j'échoue plus je m'approche de la réussite
* The more I fail the more I approach the success

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#127 Old 16th Jan 2007 at 6:07 PM
Seemingly, niol forgot the many tutorials of garage and driveways are EP-specific...
Let's laugh at him...
Probably, throw some tomatoes at him... Wait, he's opening up his big mouth for that...
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#128 Old 16th Jan 2007 at 11:44 PM
Hey guys.... I've been writing some overviews here and there and I also tried to create a new fansite page. The problem is that it won't let me give it the correct title. The title says New Page instead of Komosims. I don't have any option to make a title.

http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?title=Fansites
Mad Poster
#129 Old 17th Jan 2007 at 6:22 AM
It is done my dear, use the move tab to rename a page

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Mad Poster
#130 Old 17th Jan 2007 at 6:42 AM
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#131 Old 17th Jan 2007 at 5:31 PM Last edited by porkypine : 17th Jan 2007 at 5:36 PM.
Merci, Patul. Perhaps that tidbit of information could be added to the Create New Page information, No?
Mad Poster
#132 Old 17th Jan 2007 at 6:44 PM
Perhaps but not sure... to much information in this page will avoid the writers to read the complete wiki edition tutorial. Someone (dont remind whom) has transfered some tuts in plain wiki, have a look to the 1st nbhood tuto.

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Mad Poster
#133 Old 17th Jan 2007 at 7:12 PM
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#134 Old 17th Jan 2007 at 7:28 PM
Yes, Patul.... But then you get someone like me, who glances at the wiki tutorial and says to themself, "Ah-Ha! This has formatting rule and cheats! I know where to look when I need to know how to format a document.!" the only problem is that I did not find, anywhere, that I had to MOVE the document to change the Title, So, I fixed that little bit of information. Perhaps we'll get more people doing some creating.

I modified this page: http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?title=Help:Contents

My addition is in italics.

------------------
Creating Pages

To create a page you can either use the Search box to search for the term, and then click the resulting "Create this page" link that shows up, or you can type the URL in directly, for example http://sims2wiki.info/DummyTestPage

Once you have composed your new page to your satisfaction, use the MOVE tab, (found above the edit box), to give it the correct title and location.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Mad Poster
#135 Old 17th Jan 2007 at 8:47 PM
It depends on what you want to do, fot tutos it is easier to paste the title directly in the adress bar, the underscores are automaticly added as the special character. Informatic is a job for lazy people ! Copy and paste is the greatest invention since the wheel to gain time and efforts !

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#136 Old 17th Jan 2007 at 9:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by patul
It depends on what you want to do, fot tutos it is easier to paste the title directly in the adress bar, the underscores are automaticly added as the special character. Informatic is a job for lazy people ! Copy and paste is the greatest invention since the wheel to gain time and efforts !

?? Copy and paste a previously uncreated title into the address bar and it will append itself to the new page? How? Obviously, I am missing some steps on what you are doing. What is Informatic?

Yes, I can open a New Page and copy some other template and PASTE it into the new page. The problem was that I did not know how to give it a title. THEN you told me to use the MOVE tab and that gave it the correct title.

So... if I understand what you are saying, Create a new page and put the title in the Address bar? I'll see if that works.

OK, Delphy... I'm gonna try not to brokeded it. :D
Mad Poster
#137 Old 17th Jan 2007 at 9:59 PM Last edited by patul : 17th Jan 2007 at 10:30 PM. Reason: tin d'anglais
To make a new page, just change the name in the adress bar
For the building tuts they are named :
"http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?title=Tutorials:Basement_for_a_House_on_a_Hillside
Paste or type the string you want in place of the bold string then press enter or click the green arrow...it is done !

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#138 Old 17th Jan 2007 at 11:11 PM
Oh! Merci! :0)
Mad Poster
#139 Old 19th Jan 2007 at 3:38 AM
Thanks all for the will to join to help, and this is priceless.

But, there are something we all have to keep in mind.

Lol, it's often good to view the tutorial at least once before adding infos about it.

The tutorial date or its update date can also tell right away if a tutorial may need a particular EP.

Although some build features are generally regarded as features of a particular EP, let's not forget the potential existence of the pre-EP(particular) approaches. People without certain EP(s) may still need them.

Thanks again for the efforts and the good wills. :bow: &
Mad Poster
#140 Old 22nd Jan 2007 at 5:08 AM
Mad Poster
#141 Old 22nd Jan 2007 at 6:27 AM
What do you want to do ?
to add a page in this category add [[Category:Build Mode Miscellaneous Tutorials]] in the bottom of the linked page
to create a category : add first [[Category:Build Mode My new category]]
and verify the likage is good before delete the old one...
Other ?? ....

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Mad Poster
#142 Old 22nd Jan 2007 at 4:16 PM
Alright, I finally see it. Sorry... I've been rushing on things without spending enough time to digest what I should have noticed...
Sorry again...

Merci..., patul. :electronically verbal friendly hugs:
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#143 Old 24th Jan 2007 at 8:54 PM
On the Sims2 Modding section page, I think we need to reorganize the category structure a little bit.

http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?title=Sims_2_Modding

This page is for broad categories, like Body Shop tutorials, Object creation, Build Mode tutorials.

There is a link for Wall and Floors. I don't think it belongs there. I think it should be inside the Build Mode tutorial category. I have not made any changes. I've just brought it to the discussion.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#144 Old 25th Jan 2007 at 4:33 AM Last edited by niol : 25th Jan 2007 at 4:49 AM. Reason: typos
:D... I can see the confusions, too...
I guess we may need Delphy to clarify it a bit.

I'm unsure it's related to techniques on how to mod the game files of build mode or technqiues on how use build mode related tools and cheats. Surely, they are both related to the build mode.

But, @ MTS2, issues related to techniques on how to mod the game files of build mode belong to the modding sections while those related to technqiues on how to use build mode related tools and cheats belong to the build mode section.
Both can get so complicated as one likes it! Different modded states of certain build mode game files can create various limits of usages. Different ways of combinations of building strategies can result in different resultant build features.
After all, there can be cross-overs of them. Namely, one may need some techniques on modding game files and some techniques on building at the same time in order to make particular build features.
Mad Poster
#145 Old 25th Jan 2007 at 6:04 AM
Walls and floors are mainly recolors but some of them need modding techniques (ix:transparent). As the single homecrafter recolor ned not a bunch of tuts, and more for transparent or 2 sided floors one, I think the tuts must be in the modding section.

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Locked thread | Locked by: ThreadMover Reason: Outdated / No Replies
Page 6 of 6