Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Feb 2015 at 5:13 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default is custom content allowed on uploads
i asume this is the correct forum to post this question ...
i have been a user of a different sims site and i have uploaded 5 lots i built and many some 10,800 users have downloaded my lots , to cut a long story short i had a pc crash and lost everything sims 2 related ....now i have a new pc and have installed sims 2 expansion and stuff packs and i want to upload lots again . common sense said that if i download my 5 lots i will get back a large chunk of the CC i installed , but i have found out that no CC was uploaded with my lots , according to the site forums its how there site is ... so my question is this , if i use CC downloads from this site then upload a lot to MTS using the CC i got from here will they be downloaded with the lot by Mod The Sims users , if no then what is the point in being creative and desining a awesome looking lot if only basic sims furniture is in the lot , if any furniture .............sorry if this is to long winded but forum said as much info as i can will get me best answer ......................
thank you for reading and any answers i get
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 26th Feb 2015 at 5:16 PM
Yes, you can include CC with your lots uploaded here, as long as the creator of the CC doesn't have a policy or ToU which forbids it.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Feb 2015 at 5:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
Yes, you can include CC with your lots uploaded here, as long as the creator of the CC doesn't have a policy or ToU which forbids it.
what is TOU ?
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 26th Feb 2015 at 5:18 PM
Terms of Use - basically if they ask that you don't upload their stuff elsewhere you can't include it and have to include a link on your download page instead.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#5 Old 26th Feb 2015 at 5:24 PM
As long as the creators on TSR don't say that you shouldn't include their stuff in lots, then yes, that's fine. If any creators do say you can't use their stuff in lots, you'll have to clean it out of the sims2pack file and tell downloaders to get it themselves.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 26th Feb 2015 at 5:26 PM
As long as the creators on TSR don't say that you shouldn't include their stuff in lots, then yes, that's fine. If any creators do say you can't use their stuff in lots, you'll have to clean it out of the sims2pack file and tell downloaders to get it themselves.
ok thank you for your time ........ i look forward to uploading some of my lots here ........ thanks again
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 26th Feb 2015 at 5:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Terms of Use - basically if they ask that you don't upload their stuff elsewhere you can't include it and have to include a link on your download page instead.
thank you
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 26th Feb 2015 at 5:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sykeen
ok thank you for your time ........ i look forward to uploading some of my lots here ........ thanks again
sorry 1 more silly question . when i upload here do i have to add hyperlinks to the CC i used ?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#9 Old 26th Feb 2015 at 5:35 PM
Yes, you do need to add links, unless the site isn't around any more. We have a system which automatically does the links for any CC it recognises from previous uploads, which should help make that a bit less arduous . And you can read all of these rules and stuff here: MTS2:Creator Guidelineswiki

Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 26th Feb 2015 at 5:38 PM
Yes, you do need to add links, unless the site isn't around any more. We have a system which automatically does the links for any CC it recognises from previous uploads, which should help make that a bit less arduous . And you can read all of these rules and stuff here: MTS2:Creator Guidelineswiki
ok thank you very much for your time and help ,,auto hyperlinks sounds good .. thanks again