Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Feb 2015 at 11:30 PM Last edited by ANiallGirl4Life : 12th Mar 2015 at 1:00 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sims 2 In Windows 8!
So, I do not have an actual issue with Windows 8. I'm posting this in order to help other people who may have issues
Alright, so, we all know that Sims 2+Windows 8=a pain in the ass. And I also know that there is at least one solution to solving the problem, but I think I have found a much easier way to fixing the game than moving files from one computer to another and downloading patches and blah blah blah.
Please note that I have all of the EPs and SPs for TS2 except for University and the two SPs that come with it (which I believe are Teen Style and IKEA). My solution should work with those too, but if it doesn't, you may want to search other methods to get the game to work. Also, the computer I got the game to work on is an HP Windows 8 laptop that's just a little over a year old.
HOW TO GET YOUR GAME TO WORK!
1. Uninstall ALL your EPs/SPs, including the base game
2. Starting with the base game, reinstall starting with the base game (I have Double Deluxe to start). Enter in your code and everything. ONCE IT ASKS YOU WHERE TO PUT THE FILES ON YOUR GAME (aka the directory, I believe) DO NOT go with the default settings. Instead, click the ADVANCED USER - SELECT DIRECTORY button.
3. VERY IMPORTANT! Go to My Computer > Program Files, NOT Program Files (x86), aka the default settings. If you choose the x86 folder it will not work
4. Within the Program Files folder, create a new folder for the base game.
5. Proceed with installation
6. Once you get the base game to work, repeat steps 2-4 with the EPs/SPs you have. (VERY IMPORTANT: With the Program Files folder, create NEW FOLDERS for EACH EP/SP. If you use the same folder for multiple EPs/SPs, one game may overlap another. This happened with my Glamour Life SP and the Seasons EP–if one or both of them doesn't work, you have to uninstall both of them and repeat the process. Both the games work perfectly fine now, though c
7. Once you have all your EPs and SPs installed, right-click each icon and set their compatibility by going to Properties>Compatibility once you right click. My games work with Windows 7, but if that doesn't work for you I'd try Vista or XP.
8. Enjoy your game! If you've done everything correctly, your game should work c: besides the glitch with Seasons and GL (which, as I said, I have managed to fix), my games work great! I'm playing Sims 2 for the first time since my old laptop broke in September 2013 o:

UPDATE: I just got University again and, so far, it seems to be working fine with the method detailed above I'm adding all three colleges to my legacy neighborhood as we speak

Call me Britt, an amateur ToTer
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 12:00 AM
Thank you, I've been trying to get my game to work on it as well, though, as I mentioned in another post, it seems like literally every single user (even if they're somehow using the EXACT same computer) ends up with different problem and result when trying to get their game to work. I'll try moving the files first, and, if that doesn't work, then un/re-install them using the method in the sticky-ed thread, but installing them in the other system folder as you suggested.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 12:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by anothereyjana
Thank you, I've been trying to get my game to work on it as well, though, as I mentioned in another post, it seems like literally every single user (even if they're somehow using the EXACT same computer) ends up with different problem and result when trying to get their game to work. I'll try moving the files first, and, if that doesn't work, then un/re-install them using the method in the sticky-ed thread, but installing them in the other system folder as you suggested.

Good luck!

Call me Britt, an amateur ToTer