Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#2726 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 6:15 AM
Don't read the official forums right now, it will make your head explode. *BOOM!*

Now I am seeing posts that ask if they should place lot markers on all their lots, so the seasons will change on the lot. One other member answered "yes, the coding to change seasons is in the marker and all the lots with the marker will change seasons but your uploaded lot will not. It will always be summer on it."

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2727 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 6:52 AM
I think I'll stay here where it is safe!

~pets UPS tracking number~

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2728 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 7:12 AM
Seasons is a really small expansion pack. O_O

I think it's smaller than Generations lol

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Alchemist
#2729 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 8:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Seasons is a really small expansion pack. O_O

I think it's smaller than Generations lol

Wait what?
Instructor
#2730 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 8:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kattenijin
12:06AM...WHY WON'T YOU DOWNLOAD?!?!!!! ARGH!!! lol!

(Origin pre-order)

EDIT: 12:19AM Downloading now! Guess the guy with his finger on the "make available" button had to "go see a man about a horse".

It's still greyed out for me. Beginning to suspect my origin is acting up again.
Forum Resident
#2731 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 8:35 AM Last edited by ticklish : 13th Nov 2012 at 10:42 AM.
I got my copy playing now. does the festival for the different seasons only happen on the holiday for that season?
Mad Poster
#2732 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 10:56 AM
I notice it takes a couple of sim days for the festival set up. It was up about three days before the holiday and closed midnight after the holiday. So the festival lot is up for several days, according to how long you set your seasons. I have mine set up for a while, 9 days.

Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Forum Resident
#2733 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 10:57 AM
Oh okay will watch for it then. Thanks
Test Subject
#2734 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 12:52 PM
Quick question about this ice lounge. I don't want this hideous thing in my game, so i was wondering if its possible for me to give the serial number to someone who does want it,but wasn't able to get it? That's not illegal or anything, right?
Mad Poster
#2735 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 1:25 PM
The ice lounge is only available after your registration of the game. It doesn't require a code. It downloads in the store.

Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#2736 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 1:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
A major aspect of the game is interior design. There's an in game career devoted to it. limits aren't cute.

And I'm kinda pissed we finally get an in-game EP/SP coat rack, and it has stars all over it.

I really could go on for days about the furniture in this game, but I'd rather not.

I'm also kind of bummed out how little decorative stuff there seems to be in this EP. I was hoping for a bunch of foyer stuff, especially coat racks, umbrella stands and all that... But just one coat rack which looks like it belongs to a children's room?

Although, EA has probably kept new objects to a minimum in this EP and they will release a huge batch of new sets in Store that "complement" this EP. They've done it for a while now with new EPs. They put only very little new things into EPs, then put the rest available in Store to rip off more money!
Mad Poster
#2737 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 1:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pinkfishegg
Quick question about this ice lounge. I don't want this hideous thing in my game, so i was wondering if its possible for me to give the serial number to someone who does want it,but wasn't able to get it? That's not illegal or anything, right?

When you register your game on the official website it will unlock the ice lounge for download in your Store purchase history. If you don't want it in your game, just don't download it.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Forum Resident
#2738 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 1:58 PM
Are there any pre-made houses added to the bin?
Mad Poster
#2739 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 1:59 PM
Nope, just the community festival lots. The one used in the producers chat came from the empty houses lot bin, one from the base game. Forgot the name. Graham said he will upload it later.

Forum Resident
#2740 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 2:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
Nope, just the community festival lots. The one used in the producers chat came from the empty houses lot bin, one from the base game. Forgot the name. Graham said he will upload it later.

Oh awesome, I really liked the look of that house!
Mad Poster
#2741 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 2:05 PM
Sorry, didn't fully type out the last part, Graham remodeled it for the walk-through, that is the one he is uploading. The one in the lot bin still needs a redo.

WTF with the attraction/love letters in the game. I sent the wife to get the mail and she notified, "There's a letter for Mookey. So and so said they can't stop dreaming of you and want to get together." After that, no mad moodlet, no queues to question him about so and so, and nothing to argue about. Shaking my head NO!! That system is bull.

Oh yeah, my sim don't get phone calls, he gets love letters.

Forum Resident
#2742 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 2:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
Sorry, didn't fully type out the last part, Graham remodeled it for the walk-through, that is the one he is uploading. The one in the lot bin still needs a redo.

WTF with the attraction/love letters in the game. I sent the wife to get the mail and she notified, "There's a letter for Mookey. So and so said they can't stop dreaming of you and want to get together." After that, no mad moodlet, no queues to question him about so and so, and nothing to argue about. Shaking my head NO!! That system is bull.

Oh yeah, my sim don't get phone calls, he gets love letters.

Hehe I guessed What is his account name at the Exchange? I rarely use that place if I can help it.
Mad Poster
#2743 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 2:10 PM
I think his name there is SimGuruSemedi. Not sure of the spelling.

Top Secret Researcher
#2744 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 2:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by acid_fairy
Hehe I guessed What is his account name at the Exchange? I rarely use that place if I can help it.
http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/SimGuruSemedi
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2745 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 2:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coltraz
Wait what?

The only thing Seasons has more of than generations is clothing, which consists of a lot of repeats, or reused materials. For example, every pair of boots in seasons for everyone is the same. Of course, there are other use, and there needed to be a lot of stuff for every age group, again, but facts are facts.

There are less build/buy items in the game by comparison. I, also, don't think the furniture as useful as the Generations furniture, but the usable items are large in number.

The gameplay has a far greater scope and lifetime than generations, but, it's kind of obvious that it's lacking in certain areas, but then again, it makes up for it in others.

Seasons is just barely over 1 Gig.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Test Subject
#2746 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 4:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
When you register your game on the official website it will unlock the ice lounge for download in your Store purchase history. If you don't want it in your game, just don't download it.

I didn't plan on downloading it. Its just that the emails i got from origin gave me 3 different serial codes. One for the expansion, one for the costume pack, and one for the ice lounge. I wasn't sure if someone could use the serial code for my ice lounge to get it in their game, if they didn't have it.
Scholar
#2747 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 4:20 PM
My local WalMart sold out, so I had to break down and am downloading it on Origin. I had to have it today (and literally right now) because I will not have much time to play it again anytime soon. Really wanted a physical copy, but what could I do? =(

Seriously, when does that happen? I was able to get the Limited Edition (meaning first shipment) of Pets an entire month after it was released.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Forum Resident
#2748 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 5:14 PM Last edited by chreai : 13th Nov 2012 at 5:36 PM.
omg, SEASONS! Just picked up my pre-ordered copy from Gamestop and am installing NOW! So excited I can't sit still!

Edit: It's installed! Actually installed pretty quickly....Should I be worried? Oh, well. Going to check it out now. See you in (insert high number here) hours!

My TS3 Sims, patterns & recolors

Check out my Simblr! (TS3-focused, sometimes NSFW)
♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Instructor
#2749 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 5:26 PM
Have anyone tried The Weather Stone yet? It's AMAZING but it takes them AGES change the weather.

Fear is only in our minds ♡ Taking over all the time..❤
Forum Resident
#2750 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 5:58 PM
I had my teenage witch make it rain with the weather stone did not see anybody do anything strange though.
Page 110 of 111