Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Nov 2010 at 12:18 AM
Default Giftings and Callings ...
I was wondering if anyone would be willing to share what God is doing in their lives, what they felt that their giftings and callings were. For me, I'm being led into counseling. I'm currently earning a Doctorate in Pastoral Psychology and I'm involved somewhat in counseling now.

What's everyone else doing?

Be the type of Christian that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, the devil says: "Oh no! They're up!"

"You call me a Jesus Freak like it's a bad thing!"

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." - (2 Timothy 1:7 KJV)
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 24th Dec 2010 at 1:59 PM
Hi Simaboder!
I see the hand of God so often in my life, most recently the last week of school. Early last Wednesday, I was just walking up to the office and I saw my third grade student, Omar, being dropped off. He got out of the car and closed the door, and when he did, some kind of cord was left hanging outside the door in a loop, and Omar's foot was in the loop! The car started to move, and I don't even know if I got a yell out, just a silent, "No, stop!" At that, the car did stop, and Omar pulled his foot out of the loop. I told him, "Omar, God just saved your life!" He didn't answer, but later that day, I heard him tell someone that God had saved his life that morning. God be always and forever praised for his love towards us!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Dec 2010 at 4:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by triciamanly
Hi Simaboder!
I see the hand of God so often in my life, most recently the last week of school. Early last Wednesday, I was just walking up to the office and I saw my third grade student, Omar, being dropped off. He got out of the car and closed the door, and when he did, some kind of cord was left hanging outside the door in a loop, and Omar's foot was in the loop! The car started to move, and I don't even know if I got a yell out, just a silent, "No, stop!" At that, the car did stop, and Omar pulled his foot out of the loop. I told him, "Omar, God just saved your life!" He didn't answer, but later that day, I heard him tell someone that God had saved his life that morning. God be always and forever praised for his love towards us!

Love it! It is so amazing when God does miracles like that. To Him be all of the praise, honour, and glory. Yes, I probably spelled "honour" wrong but I'm Canadian and that's how we spell it. Hehehe.

Be the type of Christian that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, the devil says: "Oh no! They're up!"

"You call me a Jesus Freak like it's a bad thing!"

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." - (2 Timothy 1:7 KJV)
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 21st Aug 2011 at 12:53 PM
I saw a Christian story in the internet. It didn't happen to me or anybody from my family, or friends, but that calling is - as I think - a really beautiful story, and really makes us to think. So I tried to translate it to share with you, English is not my first language, so I'm sorry if there are some mistakes in the text:

Once a man went to the barber to cut his hair and shave his beard. As the barber began to work, they began to talk. They mentioned lots of things in several themes.

Finally they talked about God, and then the barber definitely professed:
- I don’t believe that God exists.
- Why are you so sure in this?
- Well, just look at the streets to understand, why is it unimaginable that God exists. Tell me honestly, If God was there, how would be that many ill person? How could parents leave their children? If God was, there wouldn’t be that many misery or pain. I can’t imagine a God who allows all these horrible things.

The guest was thinking for a short time, but he decided not to answer to the barber’s supposition, beause he didn’t want the conversation to turn into an argument.

After the barber finished his work, the man payed, said goodbye and stepped ont he street. The next moment he saw a man, who had long, uncared-for hair and uncut beard. He looked really dirty and uncultivated.

The guest turned back and stepped to the barber’s again, where he called his barber:
- Do you know, what’s my opinion? There aren’t barbers in the Earth!
- How can you say that, Mr.? – asked the suprised barber- I’m standing here, i’m a barber, am not I? I’ve just finished the trim of your hair and beard.
- No, no – persevered the guest – I’m sure barbers don’t exist, because if they would, there wasn’t that many long, uncared-for haired and bearded person, like that man is there, do you see?
- Oh, but aside from this barbers exist! Is it my fault, that this man didn’t come in to me?!

- That is it! – said the guest – That is it! God EXISTS so! Is it his fault, that people don’t turn to him, they don’t look for him? That’s why there is so many pain and misery int he world.

Most of us thinks for sure that they could do great things if someone would help to solve their smaller problems to clear their way.
Test Subject
#5 Old 25th Aug 2011 at 2:32 PM
That was a beautiful story. People are always blaming God. They don't realize that they have to give their lives unto him so they can see him work in their lives. If you don't let him then how is he supposed to help you?
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 26th Aug 2011 at 5:27 PM
I totally agree with you and I'm glad you liked this story. I really like these kind of short Christian stories, we can learn a lot of them, and realize lots of true things. People always just blaming God, and saying that why did he allow this. But they don't look for the reasons. Everything happens for a reason. And if we look deeply in the problems, we can see that people cause problems to themselves and to another people. God wants to help everybody, but people don't accept it. They just stay stubborn, or atheist, or don't want to change... And if he gives people something good, they don't really appreciate it, or they say that it was just a random. Nothing is God's fault. He wants the best for us, even it's not accepted and appreciated.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 27th Aug 2011 at 10:28 AM
Yes, it's hard... If someone who is near us dies, it will be good for him/her in the Heaven... (if he/she believed) That is a good place with no longer suffers and pain... Just we will miss him/her.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 27th Aug 2011 at 9:51 PM
Amy, cool story :O
I never have any nice explanation of God's existance. I believe in Him, because I can see He does good things in my life, but I'm aware that only I am myself, so I find it difficult to prove anybody that He REALLY is among us.
Mostly people who aren't Christians in 100% don't understand that God gives us good thing, happiness and He helps in critical situations if we want Him to do so.
I'd better pray for such people as I find praying as a very helpful thing in my life.

In Heaven people are really safe in the arms of God and they're turly happy If we loved someone who died, we should be happy for this person - bad feelings and emptiness aren't lasting forever, but being the closest to God as possible is (and true love is when we want somebody's happiness more than ours)
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 3rd Sep 2011 at 6:39 PM
Liv, it's the explanation of God's existence how I see. He's like wind, we don't see him, but we can feel that he exists and he is there with us. He gives us so many good things even if we misunderstood where it came from. He also helps us if we trust in him and he want his help. He even helps us when we didn't except. He gives us so many good things. And of course, prayers... He always listens to us. He wants the best and does them so, if he sees it's the best. Usually when I pray for my friends for my family and friends, my wishes come true. That shows that God is really concerned about our lives. And of course, everything is written in the Bible.
Test Subject
#10 Old 8th Sep 2011 at 8:19 PM
@Liv94 - That reminds me of a quote from a book I'm reading. "Sometimes you cannot believe what you see, you have to believe what you feel. And if you are ever going to have other people trust you, you must feel that you can trust them, too - even when you're in the dark. Even when you're falling"
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 21st May 2012 at 8:19 AM
My grandpa just died I am very sad...
Site Helper
#12 Old 23rd May 2012 at 7:22 PM
*hugs Lolipop26*

I'm not going to tell you that he's gone to a better place, and you will see him again. You already know that. But I'm going to tell you that I understand how much it hurts, and how much you miss him. And I'm willing to be a shoulder to cry on if you need one.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Field Researcher
#13 Old 23rd May 2012 at 8:27 PM
I've gone to a private Catholic school my entire life. I never really felt God until I entered high school. My life has been very traumatic with several very major things that happened to me. Ever since I was five, I wrote stories for my best friend and grandfather. I've completed several novels, and I feel that writing is a major calling. Out of about fifty pieces of work I've submitted to competitions, I've won awards for thirty-five of them, first place awards for twenty of those. At least one person has always come up to me and told me just how my stories, the ones I submit being usually very deep and emotional stories of overcoming struggles, greatly effected them.

My traumatic events have influenced my writing. After each event though, God's always led the same person back into my life and was a major influence in helping me get through it. I believe that God and this person (who is the best friend I could ever ask for) are the main reasons I function well despite never going to any type of therapy for these events. (These aren't really minor events. They're huge, as in being raped and watching one of my closest friends being murdered within ten feet of me.)

I also feel that I am called to be a social worker. I love children, I adore helping people and although I've always dreamed of being a writer, I can always impact the world with my writing on the side and focus mainly on my more personal service as a social worker to those in need.

Life Stage: Teen Traits: Hopeless Romantic, Computer Whiz, Couch Potato, Shy Partner: Ted
School: High School Career: Writing; Fan Fiction Drafter Miscellaneous: Rich; Scorpio
Test Subject
#14 Old 15th Oct 2012 at 11:39 PM
To me, bad things seem to happen because they remind us that no matter what we still need God in our lives and they will make us a stronger person. If everything in your life was going wonderful all the time would you be as grateful for it and thank God? Or would you just kinda forget about Him and all he has done for you? I hope the answer would be the first, but that isn't always the case. Instead when things are sometimes rough you learn to appreciate the good times and thank Him for it. This is what I think, and maybe that's not the case but who knows?
Test Subject
#15 Old 28th Nov 2012 at 4:33 PM
I grew up singing, and always thought that was the where God would have me. But, these past two years I am finally A W A K E to what God has been telling me since I was a young teen. My calling is with the Youth of the nation. I never thought in a million years I'd ever ...want... to do this job. But now, I can't see myself doing anything else. I have such a drive and desire for children to really K N O W God and have a relationship with Him.

I believe that traditional religion has replaced the Holy Spirit as the interpreter of God's Word in the lives of our children, but not just them, ALL young Christians.

I have been given a Sunday School class, and it truly is an honor...or 'honour' (lol)...to be in their lives and help them seek out God's Truth.
Test Subject
#16 Old 23rd Dec 2012 at 6:35 PM
This is amazing! I'm glad you enjoy your job!