Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#76 Old 17th Aug 2006 at 6:23 PM
Ellatrue,

Erm, Colonial Painted Panels? It's on the 3rd page of the search when you just put in "colonial", so not sure what the problem you are having is...

The search searches the thread title and the keywords so it definately would pick that up... You probably just missed it.

Regards
Delphy

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 18th Aug 2006 at 11:52 AM
thank you Delphy, your an unsung hero.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons
for you are crunchy and taste good with katchup.
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 19th Aug 2006 at 8:12 PM
Thank you Delphy for the speed increase. It is so smooth and skims beautifully from page to page. Thank you for this forum and the concept behind it. You are a inspriation to all of us to be more humble and generous. Thank you for your work behind the scenes.
Field Researcher
#79 Old 19th Aug 2006 at 8:38 PM
Wow, Saturday, 2500 people on now and it's fast fast fast...Thankyou.
Field Researcher
#80 Old 19th Aug 2006 at 8:54 PM
Thank you, Delphy and crew, for all the hard work you put into creating such an amazing forum!!!!!
Test Subject
#81 Old 21st Aug 2006 at 5:33 PM
sorry guys but i must be missing something, i haven't been on here for a few months but i dont remember it being this slooooow, it's taking maybe 15 seconds to load a page and that's with 4meg broadband!!!
sorry to be a party pooper, it's still the #1 site but very slow
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#82 Old 21st Aug 2006 at 11:08 PM
Well, Dave, you obviously missed it where it was slower....

You try balancing 2.5k people online at the same time, with multiple servers, lots of bandwidth, and do it on a budget of basically zero (since it's all donations)... THEN you can complain about it.

Test Subject
#83 Old 22nd Aug 2006 at 3:40 PM
Sorry Delphy, I didn't mean to offend, I know how much strain is put on the servers and especially the database by simultaneous requests and I know the anguish of trying to do something for the love of it that has grown beyond expectations and trying to do it on a limited budget.
I recently sold one of my pet projects for precisely those reasons, it was just that all theses posts were saying the site was flying and it wasn't on my system so I was actually worried about my system rather than the site.
As I said, this is the number one site, keep up the good work, maybe I'll send a donation once I've checked out my paypal balance.
Lab Assistant
#84 Old 24th Aug 2006 at 8:58 PM
Your selflessness continues to astound me.
Thank you for all you do to make us all happy.

You Don't have to suport the war to suport our troops
God be with my baby boy, left for Iraq 01/08/08
Test Subject
#85 Old 26th Aug 2006 at 3:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dave
sorry guys but i must be missing something, i haven't been on here for a few months but i dont remember it being this slooooow, it's taking maybe 15 seconds to load a page and that's with 4meg broadband!!!
sorry to be a party pooper, it's still the #1 site but very slow
I unfortunately have to agree... Much as I love this site, I don't come here much because the downloading process is so slow it just isn't possible... After a while I just get an "unavailable page" message (as if I'd clicked on a dead link)... It has been doing it all day today, and now I'm being told the server is yet again "temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems"...

Antonia
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#86 Old 26th Aug 2006 at 3:49 PM Last edited by Delphy : 26th Aug 2006 at 3:56 PM.
Antonia,

Please see the site announcement, and remember that MTS2 is a free site, and it always gets busy at the weekends. Be patient and just keep trying.

Regards
Delphy

Test Subject
#87 Old 27th Aug 2006 at 5:43 AM
Since my previous post i have been coming here in the early hours (british time), around 6am ish andit has been quite fast so i really do think that the problem is when there are lots of simultaneous users and they are clogging the bandwidth.
so antonia that is the answer.. come on at obscure times when all sane people are asleep :-)
Lab Assistant
#88 Old 28th Aug 2006 at 3:25 AM
Field Researcher
#89 Old 28th Aug 2006 at 9:47 PM Last edited by TheSims2Fever198 : 28th Aug 2006 at 9:56 PM.
I know it says not to post about the downloads being slow, But I was wondering if something eals is wrong , For some reason to me the downloads are not working at all.
Locked thread
Page 4 of 4