Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Site Helper
#301 Old 5th Sep 2012 at 1:29 PM
In Round 2 you mentioned that the hero costume doesn't have to be a permanent choice, correct? This means that Kylara can change back into her own clothes when she gets back to her own time?

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Advertisement
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#302 Old 5th Sep 2012 at 4:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
In Round 2 you mentioned that the hero costume doesn't have to be a permanent choice, correct? This means that Kylara can change back into her own clothes when she gets back to her own time?

Absolutely! The poor girl should change as soon as she gets the first opportunity! Poor Kylara.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Forum Resident
#303 Old 9th Sep 2012 at 9:24 PM
I doubt I can get this in, within the 5 days required so I will get the ending in as soon as I can Probably a week and a half. My best friend was over for a surprise visit from Australia and needed to do my art history book since end of term is very soon!!!

Official Foundation Challange Contestant. R1-R2-R3-R4

BLOGGER A Random Legacy - Vasher
The other one
#304 Old 10th Sep 2012 at 11:06 PM
Gah!! When did it get to only 5 days left?! O_O I thought I was doing well but my first attempt was at 3200 words and I still hadn't got to final showdown!! I was just going round in circles trying to figure out what to cut and how to shorten the ending until hubby gave me a different idea (still same ending, just different setting/build-up) so now I'm 1500 words into my second attempt and hopefully the finale will start to poke over the horizon about the 2000 word mark *crosses fingers to the point of ciculation being cut off*

(This update was brought to you by procrastinating_again.com)
Scholar
#305 Old 10th Sep 2012 at 11:28 PM
Oh gosh, five days?

>< I'm at 1564 words and 13 photos with the final showdown already done. All I need is my epilogue but I just can't bring myself to open that save and take the photos I need!

It'll get done, I swear it. I just hope I get it done on time (and remember to bold the appropriate quotes this time. Stupid brain).

The Love Legacy A Random Legacy Challenge Blog - Currently in Progress
Forum Resident
#306 Old 11th Sep 2012 at 1:42 AM
Well I have 155 words and 0 pictures..... so..... Procrastination has got me spring cleaning....(which needed to be done it was so vomit material)

I VOTE EXTENSION!!! *flutters lashes at heaven*

Site Helper
#307 Old 11th Sep 2012 at 1:44 AM
Things got hectic here. (By the way, I'm inviting everybody to drop by Custom Sims 3. I just ended up accepting the position of Admin over there. )I've got a bit of ending written, and a bit of the middle of the chapter, and about half of the scene with the antagonist, and nothing at all tying anything together. And a pair of sims who get bored just standing in the scene where I put them, so one wanders off while I'm getting the other one back, which might help if they would at least do something that I could work into the story. But somehow I'm having trouble figuring out why a grown man would be playing hopscotch. I got it because Kylara wanted it, and I thought she deserved a reward. But everybody else plays with it more than she does. (And my husband likes playing on Normal lifespan, so I got a surprise birthday in the middle of an otherwise good shot...) I'm hoping that I will be able to play again on Wednesday and get some more done.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Scholar
#308 Old 11th Sep 2012 at 2:01 AM
If we get an extension I won't work on it at all. >< The more time I get, the less enthusiasm I have for a project. I think that's why this has been the hardest round for me.

The other one
#309 Old 11th Sep 2012 at 11:57 PM
Ok...2nd attempt is not going much better :'( I've got the big finale in (not entirely happy with it but whatevs) but not done the epilogue or fit in the bonus round and I’m at 3,049. Me no likey this round, I'm not good at finishing stuff! lol Just want to apologise to the judges in advance. No matter what I do, mine is gonna be loooooong!
Forum Resident
#310 Old 12th Sep 2012 at 1:25 AM
Ok so..... my game keeps crashing on me *sad face* So all you all probably going to get is some words and some pictures if your lucky. The bonus is... . .. . . we all get to find out how it ends :D

Field Researcher
#311 Old 12th Sep 2012 at 4:21 AM
Life just handed me a big plate of stress. I hope to still get the chapter done - if nothing else, it might be a good distraction - but this is just warning in case I can't.
Forum Resident
#312 Old 12th Sep 2012 at 6:07 AM
As long as we just get words, its better then nothing :D

Field Researcher
#313 Old 12th Sep 2012 at 6:32 PM
Heaven, when we post the word/photo count for this round do we need to separate the count for the bonus from the main story or should we combine them for a total count?
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#314 Old 13th Sep 2012 at 12:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Qnshr5
Heaven, when we post the word/photo count for this round do we need to separate the count for the bonus from the main story or should we combine them for a total count?

Just combine the total. However, the bonus should be -clear-; the judges should not have to hunt for it. If they feel that you were not able to properly complete it, you are at risk of having points marked off for word counts as well as missing out on the bonus points. Make it good.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Field Researcher
#315 Old 13th Sep 2012 at 4:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by heaven
Just combine the total. However, the bonus should be -clear-; the judges should not have to hunt for it. If they feel that you were not able to properly complete it, you are at risk of having points marked off for word counts as well as missing out on the bonus points. Make it good.

Ok. Thanks.
Forum Resident
#316 Old 13th Sep 2012 at 1:29 PM
Default Last Chance.
I am really gutted, for one my game is stupid two, life is really demanding right now and 3 school is so full on. So this chapter has no pictures. I really wanted to beat Cece so we knew who was the best after all.... HAIL QUEEN CECE!!!!! I love you woman the best competition I ever had. Thank you to Heaven and all the judges also for having to go through all my mess I call writing. Also my spell check does not work on open office for some reason, I just noticed when I read the comments. So sorry for that also.

and so it is the end!

Musics, somethings don't need words

Scholar
#317 Old 14th Sep 2012 at 6:34 AM
I'd wait a bit before calling me queen, Kayla. I'm still 8 photos short and my game keeps crashing out! I'm dyyying here. Almost so close to done, and I just can't get these final photos.

Forum Resident
#318 Old 14th Sep 2012 at 6:41 AM
Well, that is still WAAAAAY more then me lol. I can't wait to read the end!

Field Researcher
#319 Old 14th Sep 2012 at 3:24 PM
Has words. Not cleaned up. Has four pictures. Hopefully will get more tomorrow morning (it's just after midnight for me now). Had something more coherent to say, but it's gone? *zombie*

Oh! Questions? Exactly how much swearing is acceptable? There's a bit of anger floating around this chapter, and the f-word gets thrown out a few times. Is that okay?

And second question. Every quote fit my story line. So I, um, used all of them. Should I just highlight the first instance for marking purposes?
Scholar
#320 Old 15th Sep 2012 at 8:18 AM
Summary: After being betrayed by her long time lover, Juliette Johnson finds herself alone and a prisoner for the organization she used to work for. Or perhaps, not as alone as she thinks thanks to a hasty rescue by her young partner, Denebola. However once free Juliette would take no more help, insisting facing their organization’s leader would be too dangerous, and heads off on her own, fighting her way through old allies before finally coming face-to-face with the big bad himself, Joshua Jacobs.

---

---

Current Events: Mysterious Past
Previous Events: Embarrassing Rescue, Good is Boring, BLONDES ARE EVIL, Finding Judas, Get out of Jail Free
Word Count: 2975 words 27 photos
Hero Type: The Knight in Sour Armor
CC Used:
- Allowed: Skin by Ephemera, CC and store hairs, Poses, OMSP, Sets were made by me and are CC less.

Also: A big thanks to FukothePixie for a lot of the poses in this chapter. I just couldn’t find what I wanted for Juliette’s scene with Joshua, and she made every pose I needed in only two days.

is going to be a cat when she grows up.
retired moderator
#321 Old 15th Sep 2012 at 8:50 PM
Summary:
Although Dr. Eric Cowert long ago gave up on medicine, an emergency call from the hospital forces him right back into the role of doctor. Despite his cynicism and selfishness, he is still one of the best doctors the hospital has. The question is, as always: does he believe that?

CC used: store items, custom eyes, OMSP, tipsy OMSP, skin by HP. Also used: Hospital set by Hekate999.
Plot points used (current round): Meet Cute
Plot points used (previous rounds): Mysterious Past, Embarrassing Rescue, Good is Boring, Beware the Nice Guy, Not You Again.
Word count: 2.409.
Site Helper
#322 Old 15th Sep 2012 at 10:28 PM
Kylara was adopted by the ghost of Lord Alfric in a blood ceremony which caused her to become transformed into his actual daughter. He then revealed that her teacher was planning to use her class to retrieve a magical device, and took her back in time to rescue his past self from the trap that (Professor) Greymane had caught him in. She rescued him, and learned that while he is half elven, he was raised by demons, (which explains his lack of "people skills") and that Greymane is actually his brother. She also learned that the reason he used the ceremony was because he wanted to be able to have a relationship with someone else who wouldn't die. But Greymane is still after the artifact, and they still need to stop him.

*Note: I'm having to use octagrams, because it is impossible to draw a smooth pentagram in Sims. This has nothing to do with Discworld's magical 8s.

Current Events: Class Reunion
Previous Events: Mysterious Past, Makeover, Time Travel, Finding Judas, Kidnapped
Word Count: 2119
CC Used:Legend Isles Lyonesse world by Sookielee, Cmar's ear sliders, Euphoria skin by Fawkes, OMSP

(And thank you for finishing, splad. I was hoping to see the end of your story!)

Field Researcher
#323 Old 15th Sep 2012 at 10:56 PM Last edited by Qnshr5 : 16th Sep 2012 at 3:50 AM.
Default Round 5
Previous Rounds Summary: Six years ago, Helena Raye gave up her double life as superhero Brio after developing a strange disease that worsens when she uses her powers. Now the enemy that created her, Aron, has not only returned but is responsible for murdering many of Delkarta's top officials at a fundraiser, including Sarah. Helena can no longer hide hoping evil will just go away. She's the only one who can bring Aron's ambitious plans to a halt. Even if only for a moment.

Current Event: One Born Every Minute
Previous Events: Heaven Forbid; Mysterious Past; Embarrassing Rescue; Class Reunion; Not You Again!
Word Count: 2996, Pics: 30
CC Allowed: Custom skin, hair, store content (hair/clothing/objects), OMSP, tipsy OMSP, poses
Penalized: None

-
Test Subject
#324 Old 16th Sep 2012 at 1:37 AM
I'm so sorry for asking, but I don't think I'll be able finish in three hours. I'll take a point deduction for a small extension, if I may be so bold... I'm so close, so very close. Procrastination-ville is such a cut throat town.
Field Researcher
#325 Old 16th Sep 2012 at 3:16 AM Last edited by Tamlyn : 18th Sep 2012 at 11:58 AM.
Default Chapter Five
I didn't get an answer to my questions in time, so I just went with highlighting the first used quote (have fun finding the others?). Hope it's okay. This chapter is messy as, but it's done.

Summary: The fires raging uncontained around Sunset Valley have been a mix of natural and not. Zoe, with a secret affinity for fire, tried to run away. Instead she found the arsonist, the fire chief's daughter, and is now surrounded by flames with her best friend's (and Jill's) life at stake.

Page 13 of 15