Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Nov 2013 at 1:42 AM
I'm working on a double arch on 3 tile (need help)
I'm making an arch-tunnel. I want it to be a double arch on 3 tiles, and the archway to be 2 tiles long

I already tested this using leefish's Mauritania Arches: 2 on 3 as a ref, and replaced it with Moune's Scirocco Smooth Double Archway . This is how it turned out

As you can see the wall mask is off and the texture. I'm not sure how to fix the wall mask problem, and not sure how the wall masks work, but I think I know. I opened leefish's package file in SimPE and looked at the texture files. There are 3 wall mask textures (which is the left, right and center of the door I'm guessing) and 1 shadow texture. i tried replacing the wall mask with moune's wall mask textures. Moune only have 2 wall mask (left and right), wasn't sure what you to do with lee's center wall mask so I tried to delete it. I do not know how to center a double door on 3 tiles, but I'm guessing it has a lot to do with the wall mask, or is there more involved?
I'm trying to make a double archway tunnel centered on 3 tiles. Also, I have no clue whats going on with the texture design on the arch. It's suppose to be solid white.

This is a bit confusing to me, I would appreciate if someone could help me with this. I hope you guys understand my post ( I kind of confused myself lol).

Thank you in advance!

Edited: Oh hope I put this thread in the correct section of the forums.
Advertisement
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#2 Old 25th Nov 2013 at 9:16 AM
hello.

I am a bit confused on the tunnel (wanting it to be two tiles long) and I dont have the tunnel from moune (is that two tiles long?) but I can tell you what the issues are on the wallmask and where all the colors went.

The colours: the mauritania arch is repository linked (master/slave) to the mauritania door and so your mesh is taking its colors from the door. You need to make the moune arch the master mesh and then the colors will be from that.

Tutorial: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=229452

The wallmask: the arch you cloned is a three tile arch; each wallmask represents the back and front of a wall cutout. As the hole in the wall goes over 3 tiles then there are 3 masks. Deleting the middle one is why there is a piece of wall showing in the middle.

You can try this trick of making wallmasks: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=153754

and here is a nice tutorial about making windows (arches are very similar) http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=98436 which might help give some background

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Nov 2013 at 11:21 AM
Aww thank you leefish! Ok, I uderstand much better now. Thank you for explaining. I'm going to check these links out right now. Oh Moue arch wasn't a tunnel just a regular arch, but I want it to be like a tunnel ... similar to this:

Actually, I'm trying to create the archways in the second photo, but I want it to be longer in length (thicker.. hope this make sense). Anyway I'm going to check out these links you gave me!
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#4 Old 25th Nov 2013 at 11:39 AM
oh right, I see. I think I will give mustluvcatz a prod - she is very good at niches and things like that so she is probably the very person to help on this tunnel aspect.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#5 Old 26th Nov 2013 at 3:26 AM
Hi! As promised, Lee gave me a shout. Your project can definitely be done- it's rather a neat idea and something I wouldn't mind having myself. (And someone else is making it? Awesome, lol.)

There are a lot of ideas and a lot of advice floating around in my mind. The only problem is, well.. you know how your head feels when you've got a bad cold? All stuffed up and like it's filled with cotton balls? That's how my head feels right now. (Although it's because of my sinuses, not a cold.) Thinking is not my thing right now. So if you don't mind waiting a bit, I'll see what I can wrangle out of those cotton balls. I just didn't want you to check here and think you were being ignored.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 26th Nov 2013 at 7:10 PM
Thank you so much mustluv! And thank you again lee! You guys are truly kind!

Don't worry I understand completely. Actually I'm about to head out to the doctor in a few. And yesterday I had to run a few errands, so I'm now just reading this. I looked over the links lee gave me but I still need to actually read them completely, so I'll have a complete understanding. No rush! I'll be back later!

Edited: Forgot to say... Hope you feel better soon mustluv! Thanks again.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 2nd Dec 2013 at 5:24 AM
Just wanted to let you guys know I'm still here... but been a bit busy! I hope you're feeling better mustluv.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#8 Old 2nd Dec 2013 at 5:45 AM
The cotton balls aren't as fluffy, lol. Keep Lee's arch for this project. Yes, it's slaved to another mesh but that's ok since you really only need it to get your mesh in the right spot. You can also use her wallmasks (you'll need all 3) and edit them for your mesh. A couple questions for you:

Did you want that outer lip/frame on your arch?

If so, there's probably a better arch mesh to edit for your mesh. One that comes to mind is from M&G- do you have that? If not, I could extract that arch for you.
Also- do you need/want your arch to be slaved to another mesh? In my opinion, it'd be better to not slave it to another mesh.

That's all I have right now.. further help/advice is waiting on your answers.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 4th Dec 2013 at 2:13 AM
Hey mlcz! Yes I have M&G. Actually I just purchased it a couple weeks ago. lol Yes I do want that frame.. I'll take a look at the arch from M&G in a sec. Thank you for telling me.

And no.. I don't want it slaved to another mesh.

Thanks again! I'm going to check out the arch real quick.

Edited: Looked in game. Are you talking about the Arch Duke door? That's the only one I see from M&G that looks closest to the photo
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#10 Old 4th Dec 2013 at 2:33 AM
I think that's the one. Green and burgundy? (Or something like that, lol.) My game isn't loaded at the moment so I can't look- but I have an arch that matches.. if you don't have it, the one I have has got to be cc then. The frame from the door would work since I think it's the same shape, etc. as the arch. There will be a North and a South - which is fine because you'd really want both of them anyway.

Not slaved. We'll have to find you the perfect mesh to clone once your arch is ready then. (Something that isn't already slaved to another in game mesh.)