Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jun 2014 at 4:37 AM Last edited by RadicalDreamer : 22nd Jun 2014 at 8:13 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Island Paradise
My CHT_CN file is missing in the StaticPages folder!
First of all, I'm really sorry if I post this thread in a wrong category. Because, I'm still new in this forum.

I was so desperate when I'm trying to patch my Sims 3. When I'm trying to update my game to version 1.67, everything was a mess. There have been proved that : File "CHT_CN" is not found or written "Invalid File Found" when I'm trying to patch it.
I need all the help you guys might be able to give me that file via my email? Please help, Thank you.

PS: Please reply this post if you have sent the file via my email, it would be really helpfull if you guys do that, Thanks.

My email: [email protected]
My version of The Sims 3 now: 1.0.632.00002

Help me, I am very desperate and sad with the problems I had .
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:08 PM
Mhm! Are you sure that's the name of the file? I run Sims 3 fine and I do not have such a file called CHT_CN. Can you please verify that the letters are in the correct order?

Building a Middle Earth world for Sims 3 sims3medieval.tumblr.com/tagged/CAWLOTR :-)
Do you have a simblr? If so, I would love to connect :-) http://sims3medieval.tumblr.com/
Alchemist
#3 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 10:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RadicalDreamer
First of all, I'm really sorry if I post this thread in a wrong category. Because, I'm still new in this forum.

I was so desperate when I'm trying to patch my Sims 3. When I'm trying to update my game to version 1.67, everything was a mess. There have been proved that : File "CHT_CN" is not found or written "Invalid File Found" when I'm trying to patch it.
[/B]

Well, the CHT_CN folder contains HTML files (news, community, exchange, etc.). Before patching your game, go into your Sims 3 folder in Documents path and find a file called "version.tag". Remove that file and try patching again.

You could also try using the Sims3PatchDowloader -program: http://modthesims.info/d/409829
Test Subject
#4 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 11:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by varpunen
Well, the CHT_CN folder contains HTML files (news, community, exchange, etc.). Before patching your game, go into your Sims 3 folder in Documents path and find a file called "version.tag". Remove that file and try patching again.

You could also try using the Sims3PatchDowloader -program: http://modthesims.info/d/409829

Did you ever end up getting this figured out? I am having the same problem. I cannot update via the launcher as the update never downloads. I found the correct manual update file for my region (through official EA link), downloaded it successfully, but I get this error (CHT_CN/AvailableUpdates.htm, or something like that). This file does not exist on my install disc, nor should it as it is not related to my region. But the update seems to require it... Cannot figure out how to proceed!