Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Dec 2015 at 11:08 AM
Default How many locals are needed for a vacation subhood?
I'm creating a custom vacation subhood (Winter Wonderland) and would like to create my own locals.

But I'm not sure how many locals a vacation subhood needs.
How many locals do you usually create for your vacation subhoods? How many locals do EA's vacation subhoods have?

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 23rd Dec 2015 at 2:44 PM
The EAxis version is 12 or 14 - from my numbers report:

Asian Locals (12)
MA 4 FA 4 MTn 2 FTn 2

Mountain Locals (12)
MA 4 FA 4 MTn 2 FTn 2

Twikki Locals (14)
MA 5 FA 4 MTn 2 FTn 2
Fire Dancer MA 1

These get added when you add the sub-hood from a cold start - not sure the effect if they're premade. Tourists get generated on initial hood load.

But it doesn't have to be that many. I made 8 I think for mine (2 kids, 2 teens, 2 adults, 2 elders) - one of each sex for each age.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Dec 2015 at 3:51 PM
Thanks @maxon
Did the game generate any new ones after you created them? I mean, if I create 8 locals, does the game add any additional locals, so there are 12 locals in total?
If that's the case, I'd like to create 12 locals.

@PlatinumPlumbbob
Yes, I was inspired by your idea and you'll be credited for this. You'll see your name in the 'Additional Credits' once the neighborhood is uploaded.
My vision of Winter Wonderland is that it's located in the North Pole, where also Mr. Claus lives. (I want to create him as a local.)

I also want to create some other custom vacation destinations, which were mentioned in that thread. But first, I want to get this done until Christmas. I plan to upload it on 25th December.

Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#5 Old 23rd Dec 2015 at 4:44 PM Last edited by maxon : 23rd Dec 2015 at 4:55 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Jawusa
Thanks @maxon
Did the game generate any new ones after you created them? I mean, if I create 8 locals, does the game add any additional locals, so there are 12 locals in total?
If that's the case, I'd like to create 12 locals.

No there are still 8 in each location. This is Little Carping I'm talking about which I've been playing (on and off) since the game was released and BV was installed on release. I had no locals for ages then made my own. I use the no regen hacks obviously but I don't think the game will spawn more even if you don't have them. It tends - at least with other options (e.g. townies and dormies which I know of) to go on a quota system. If you marry them in, even with the no regen hacks, once your population dips beyond a certain level (one only with the no regen hacks and Pescado's let the ONE **** exist if needed feature), the game will make new ones. You can't control that in other people's games but I think it very unlikely that the game would make new ones on load if there are sims already there in that role. I used the townie brick to make them BTW - I think you know that way you get them with the local gestures.

Actually, just re-reading that: 'I had no locals for ages then made my own' indicates that even though the population was zero in Little Carping, the game didn't make any more, this with no regen allowing for one to spawn if needed. So I think the answer is a tentatively firm no (oxymoron alert), it won't make any more, at least with the no-regen hacks. Difficult to me to say otherwise since I hardly ever take those hacks out of my game.

I've never made sub-hoods so I'm not sure how pre-populated ones work. Since locals generate (from a template, I think, though there are things that are never the same about them) when you add the BV sub-hood - on loading in other words - how do you introduce pre-made ones into your downloadable version?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 23rd Dec 2015 at 6:47 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 23rd Dec 2015 at 9:22 PM.
Okay, thanks! And yes I use Argon's TownieBrick to make the sims into locals.

I made 10 locals (2 children, 2 teens, 4 adults and 2 elders) and to populate the graveyard, I made 4 ghosts. Maybe I shouldn't have created a graveyard, since it's actually a Christmas-themed subhood and not a Halloween-themed subhood. So ghosts don't fit in there but I created them anyway.

I'll test whether the game uses my custom locals or whether it adds the default ones on load. I hope it doesn't add any. But I don't think it will add them, because Winter Wonderland (itself) is a template, so the game is already adding the locals from my template to the neighborhood.

My Simblr